Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

11 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@sparky151 Dude you really hurt my feelings making those comments about me cheating.  I hope you didn't really mean that.

No, I certainly don't want to hurt your feelings and I very much appreciate all the work you've done with this and all the time you've poured into TCMD over the many years.

But I really do think that the rules should be the same for everyone and Tampa shouldn't have been given an extra 60ish million in cap space. In real life Tampa will be cap compliant by the deadline. They just won't be using franchise tags or bidding on top free agents. In TCMD they can play by the rules and get under the cap. They just wouldn't be bidding on top free agents. Instead they can have fun via trades and drafting and looking for value among the lesser hyped free agents. 

The last 3 years Tampa went on a spendapalooza with Brady and got a Lombardi trophy and 3 division titles. Now comes the hangover and rebuild but that can be fun too.

As free agency hasn't started yet, imo this is the time to fix things, rather than continuing with different rules for different teams. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

So just to clarify:

Players APY has to be met for a bid to be valid, APY goes down with every round a player isn't bid on/signs somewhere else?

Yes, by 10% per round. So a guy who is asking too much at 20 mil, becomes a better value after a couple of rounds. But if some team is willing to pay him the 20 mil, then good for him and the cheapskate teams snoozed and lost. 

• Like 1

Just now, sparky151 said:

Yes, by 10% per round. So a guy who is asking too much at 20 mil, becomes a better value after a couple of rounds. But if some team is willing to pay him the 20 mil, then good for him and the cheapskate teams snoozed and lost. 

Damn they only drop 10% per wave? I thought it was 50% of their current price, sheesh.

5 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I'm usually around during the day time.   If you have questions,  or want some tips/help building the contracts.    Don't be afraid to shoot me a PM.

I think I have contracts figured out.  Spent about 2 hours Saturday morning working on one player, it was an ordeal at first, but once I got one figured out, doing a second was not to bad.  The only thing that sucks, is the 30% rule, as most NFL contracts have a huge jump from year 1 to year 2, unless there is a way to do that I am not seeing.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Damn they only drop 10% per wave? I thought it was 50% of their current price, sheesh.

It's usually 10% for the first 6-7 Rounds.    I think at that point,  we typically just drop everyone to Vet Min   as there's usually only 4-5 teams bidding at that point.   It will move quick once the Rounds open/close.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think I have contracts figured out.  Spent about 2 hours Saturday morning working on one player, it was an ordeal at first, but once I got one figured out, doing a second was not to bad.  The only thing that sucks, is the 30% rule, as most NFL contracts have a huge jump from year 1 to year 2, unless there is a way to do that I am not seeing.

Yeap.    It's not 100% realistic..  but since this is really just a one year ordeal for TCM  there wasn't really any backlash for teams making some AWFUL backloaded deals... aside from posters just laughing about it.    It can be a pain for some contracts, but it's fixed a ton of previous issues.

• Like 2

Today is the day.  Finally the first round of fa bidding.  Thought it would never get here.  

Lot's of issues this year with the workbooks, rulings, player apy values.  Feels like this year the hits just keep coming.  Normally, not this bad so apologies to everyone for that.  Really hoping to get help next year, with getting things ready to go prior and even during the mock.

I'll be updating the league office thread and trade block upto about an hour before the deadline.  

@sparky151 Totally get where you are coming from but talking about it here isn't gonna help the situation just gonna get both of us in a pinch with the commish.  More than happy to discuss this after the mock is over in the suggestions thread.

Thanks.

42 minutes ago, downundermike said:

In lengthy contracts, we do see a lot of NFL contract with big jump after year 1 because of signing bonus.  In short contract, we may see tight between years on base salary. 30 pct rule fails right there.

I get feeling that 30 pct starts on Year 2 for 3rd year.  I try to find a confirmation in real life because it is used on base salary only as we see a bunch of big jumps for year 2.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

In lengthy contracts, we do see a lot of NFL contract with big jump after year 1 because of signing bonus.  In short contract, we may see tight between years on base salary. 30 pct rule fails right there.

I get feeling that 30 pct starts on Year 2 for 3rd year.  I try to find a confirmation in real life because it is used on base salary only as we see a bunch of big jumps for year 2.

I want to say and it's been a minute since I read this but the 30% rule was implemented during the CBA's final contract year.  We used it here to help resolve some of the insane back loaded contracts for a one year mock.

• Like 2