Divisional Round: San Francisco 49ers vs Dallas Cowboys

J-ALL-DAY

39 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I would vehemently disagree on this. Granted they all three are so different, but imo Lamb as an impact player isn't close to these guys.

DK has been kind of meh for 2 years running. DK goes through some swoons (especially after the threesome debacle which is hilarious). Some of that last year was maybe due to injury of Russ as Wilson wasn't great when he came back either, but Lamb was just straight up better this year. 

Hopkins has missed half of both of the last two years and is largely neutered by Kliff. Maybe he's still the Hopkins from 3 years ago, but he hasn't had a chance to show it. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

DK has been kind of meh for 2 years running. 

Hopkins has missed half of both of the last two years and is largely neutered by Kliff. Maybe he's still the Hopkins from 3 years ago, but he hasn't had a chance to show it. 

I mean Hopkins still averaged nearly 80 YPG with crappy QB play for the most part and was a big problem in the first match up against us. I wouldn't say he didn't have a chance to show it this season because he still looked good with 3rd and 4th stringers passing to him. Murray only played three games and in two of them, he had 103 and 159 yards. I'm not saying he is or is not better than Lamb at the moment, but he's certainly on that level IMO. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean Hopkins still averaged nearly 80 YPG with crappy QB play for the most part and was a big problem in the first match up against us. I wouldn't say he didn't have a chance to show it this season because he still looked good with 3rd and 4th stringers passing to him. Murray only played three games and in two of them, he had 103 and 159 yards. I'm not saying he is or is not better than Lamb at the moment, but he's certainly on that level IMO. 

It feels like all Kliff did was spam 10 yard outs and digs to him. They did put him more in the slot this year, but it was mostly when Moore was out. Felt like Kliff hadn't let him do Hopkins things for a couple of years now. Like, everything outside left lol (obviously "everything" is hyperbole, but you know what I mean) and they just force fed it to him out there. 

Like, maybe he's still that dude...but Kliff kind of hid it well. 

Also, according to Shanahan Ambry Thomas has an outside chance to be back next week if the 49ers advance. That would be great to make it through Dallas healthy at corner, and potentially get more help. Also, I just have been curious to see what Thomas can do on the field. I've been more excited to see him play compared to Lenoir. 

14 hours ago, Forge said:

It's too limited a sample to draw any meaningful conclusions, but his 4th quarter stats over 6 playoff games are something truly horrifyingly bad 

Now I'm thinking what notable QB has had the highest QB rating or whatever through a handful of games, but didn't win anything. 

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Now I'm thinking what notable QB has had the highest QB rating or whatever through a handful of games, but didn't win anything. 

Not counting a guy like Josh Allen, it's probably Matt Ryan. He got destroyed in that Giants game in 2011,  but his playoff career has been solid

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Lmfao

The man was not even quoted or tagged in the tweet and he still responded LOL. Sherm LOVES the Niners man, he acts like he is impartial and equally as big of a fan of the Seahawks, but I don't think that is true. Though it probably helps that there are quite a few players and coaches he played with in SF opposed to Seattle who have a few coaches from those LOB days but just a handful of players that he played with.

9 hours ago, Forge said:

Tyler Smith will play left tackle. Tyron Smith will be right tackle, I believe

Yep, and while the stats say Tyler Smith is not very good, on the eye test he looks solid. Every time I have watched him at LT, he's done fine and doesn't look like a liability. 

Kearse is the one who will see Kittle the most but unfortunately when Deebo plays, Kittle is almost a non-factor and completely overlooked lol. I guess when you have so many weapons, someone will be the odd man out and it is usualyl Kittle.