Titans hire Chris Harris

ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Just saw that the Saints parted ways with Kris Richard. 

I’ve wanted to bring him in for years, he would be an excellent replacement for Chris Harris if we could get him here. 

Same. I was even like HC open to him. Would really like to bring him in. Didn't someone say we're just promoting from within though? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

So question as it pertains to comp picks. Since he has already moved on to Tennessee, but is now interviewing for defensive coordinator positions, could we get a comp pick from having a minority coach plucked from our ranks?

I think the promo has to be to H C or an executive position , such as G M .

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Any news on this? Have they hired anyone? I don’t remember them doing it yet.

Get To Know New Titans’ Defensive Backs Coach Chris Harris

The Tennessee Titans made some major additions to the coaching staff ahead of the 2023 season. One of the most noteworthy was the addition of defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator Chris Harris.

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Get To Know New Titans’ Defensive Backs Coach Chris Harris

The Tennessee Titans made some major additions to the coaching staff ahead of the 2023 season. One of the most noteworthy was the addition of defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator Chris Harris.

No, I meant us. I know Chris Harris less & I hate that we lost him especially when he’s going to be a DB coach there as well. It’s not a good look for us. Of course we hired Bieniemy so that’s a good look for us so, maybe that’s more positive than losing Harris? I don’t know. 

Basically my question was has anyone heard that we’ve replaced Chris Harris? Because I haven’t 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, I meant us. I know Chris Harris less & I hate that we lost him especially when he’s going to be a DB coach there as well. It’s not a good look for us. Of course we hired Bieniemy so that’s a good look for us so, maybe that’s more positive than losing Harris? I don’t know. 

Basically my question was has anyone heard that we’ve replaced Chris Harris? Because I haven’t 

No, and he'll be tough to replace. I'm reading it might be internal. Richard Rogers , 10 years experience.  Maybe E B will call in a buddy .

32 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

No, and he'll be tough to replace. I'm reading it might be internal. Richard Rogers , 10 years experience.  Maybe E B will call in a buddy .

Ahh. Thanks. That would make sense to just promote w/in I think.

I don’t think Bieniemy will have anything to do with hiring in defense. It seems Rivera is letting Bieniemy hire his own offensive staff though, so that’s a good thing.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ahh. Thanks. That would make sense to just promote w/in I think.

I don’t think Bieniemy will have anything to do with hiring in defense. It seems Rivera is letting Bieniemy hire his own offensive staff though, so that’s a good thing.

With that title AHC, figuring he might have input. Who the H knows the dynamics now ??

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

With that title AHC, figuring he might have input. Who the H knows the dynamics now ??

You’re right. I was actually thinking about that as I was writing my post. I guess it’s just my hunch that Rivera & to a lesser extent would be making the decisions on who’s hired on defense. 

Offense is different, Bieniemy was obviously hire to run the offense.