2023 Free Agency

Pastor Dillon

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I personally like the additions of Winovich, Rankins and Ridgeway to the DL - yeah, they’re not your impact starters (Rankins is a guy who is going to get a lot of snaps, and Winovich might surprise people as he’s going to get to play with his hand in the dirt for the first time as a DE) but they are steady bodies to rotate in and out of the lineup.

I do think pick 12 is probably a good spot to land an edge or rush LB - edge rushers outside of the projected top 10 are sketchy to me, a lot of athleticism that didn’t translate on the field consistently. But under the right system, they could thrive. 

Not to turn this too much into a draft conversation, but I’m thinking defense at 12. The WR class really disappointed me.

I was not aware of the Rankins signing until just now. He is a legit signing and I think hes going to start for us for sure. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Myles Jack anyone?

Eh… eh. I’ll go with Denzel Perryman over Jack. I’d say they’re on par with each other, and Jack probably commands a higher salary on name recognition.

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eh… eh. I’ll go with Denzel Perryman over Jack. I’d say they’re on par with each other, and Jack probably commands a higher salary on name recognition.

I made this joke over at Clutch fans, but....

I agree, but there's a reason they're (Myles Jack & Devin Bush) not coming back to Pittsburgh.
Jack ain't do jack
Devin was hiding in a bush.
Yes I quoted from another post just to make those puns (again).

I will see myself out

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Guessing things didn’t go well since we haven’t heard any news. Unless he’s just going to take his time and visit a few teams 

Titans were courting him as well, IIRC.

1 name to keep an eye on for center: Matt Paradis

Current FA and played for our current OL coach in Denver.

Coming off a pretty serious injury; missed all of last season IIRC

Plus 33 years old and will be 34 in season

Used to be pretty good in ZBS IIRC

IJS

• Like 1