Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm actually surprised the owners aren't fighting back more.  I'm more than a bit surprised that they appear to be giving a lot of ground.  Guess they are making up for it with a drastically shortened season.  

As an Orioles fan, I just don't want more competition for a top 3 draft choice.  

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

Apparently, Braden Holtby's angry twin brother is a sniper for the Secret Service 

C7D81EE0-E3D1-4DB6-B946-C1200096F1BC_jpe

The guy who lives across from my parents now is secret service, but that’s not him. Haha 🤣 

Edited by turtle28

Didn't want to start a new thread for this but hoping for some visibility:

For anyone interested, I'm taking part in an All NFL Draft on the GM Mock Drafts forum. We're going to be doing a snake style draft and building our own teams including coaches. I've done it in the past and it's been a lot of fun and helps learn about the state of talent in the league and different positions and on different teams. Disclaimer, this process usually takes about a month or so depending on the number of participants and how much people are able to stay on top of time schedules. If anyone's interested check it out! 

All, I just wanted to let you know that Webby is taking the forums offline tomorrow for 8 hours.  Please see this thread for more details and the reason why.

Please observe his wishes to keep discussion out of the forum.  You may PM him to question that, or anything else related to the content of this thread.  

Also, let me again reiterate that I hope all of you are safe, and that your families are safe right now as well.  

• Like 2

Hey - entertainment question here.

Anyone here watch the TV series "Yellowstone"? Stars Kevin Costner (he's REALLY good in this). It's on the Paramount Network.

Think about a rancher family in modern day Montana. But add in quite a few elements of the Sopranos as the head of the family tries to keep the ranch in his family and keep other forces from taking it over. 

I didn't think I'd like the show, but I got hooked on it last summer and binged the first two seasons. One of my favorite shows now.

Season 3 starts on Fathers Day (6/21) and you can probably binge watch the first 2 seasons.

I'd link to the show, but I can't find a video that doesn't have cursing in it. Once I do, I'll post it.

On 6/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Hey - entertainment question here.

Anyone here watch the TV series "Yellowstone"? Stars Kevin Costner (he's REALLY good in this). It's on the Paramount Network.

Think about a rancher family in modern day Montana. But add in quite a few elements of the Sopranos as the head of the family tries to keep the ranch in his family and keep other forces from taking it over. 

I didn't think I'd like the show, but I got hooked on it last summer and binged the first two seasons. One of my favorite shows now.

Season 3 starts on Fathers Day (6/21) and you can probably binge watch the first 2 seasons.

I'd link to the show, but I can't find a video that doesn't have cursing in it. Once I do, I'll post it.

Yes, awesome show! Heck, just about anything with Kevin Costner in it or that he writes is something I love with the exception of that Water World Movie or whatever that was from the 90s. That was a weird one.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is a long read, so you can follow the Twitter thread for the highlights, but I do suggest reading in it's entirety. 

Too much ambition from Vince McMannon? No way!! Who would’ve guess it!