Red Dead Redemption II Mafia - Game Over - Pinkertons and Dutch Wins!

Daboyle

2 minutes ago, Llamalover said:

I’m Sean MacGuire, and I have limited redirects.

I used my first one of Mwil, because I thought he’d be a bigger target last night and it failed.

Can you explain what you mean by limited redirects? And did you get any info on why your move might've failed?

Just now, MWil23 said:

@rackcs does being bad at scum claiming run in the family?

Quite possibly. Could be new player-itis though, we have been known to punish players pretty hard for not fully understanding things. We'll sus out the truth of it.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Can you explain what you mean by limited redirects? And did you get any info on why your move might've failed?

Quite possibly. Could be new player-itis though, we have been known to punish players pretty hard for not fully understanding things. We'll sus out the truth of it.

I have x-shot redirects, so I've been a little stingy with them. And the only thing my message said was move failed, so no more information than that.

Just now, rackcs said:

That's...interesting

So we have a redirecting getting redirected to Malf and Mwil getting redirected all in one night? Something definitely doesn't add up there.

How would you as a host reconcile this? If anything, Town would get the benefit of the doubt first, and you had to figure this out in our Marvel game.

I redirected Squire, who was the claimed vig, but then Malfatron redirected me, and Squire therefore killed me.

How would you do it for a Town/Scum redirecting the same person?

If anything, Town moves first, correct?

2 minutes ago, Llamalover said:

I have x-shot redirects, so I've been a little stingy with them. And the only thing my message said was move failed, so no more information than that.

Ok so your move failed, doesn't necessarily mean that you were redirected yourself. Could be a roleblock or other move that caused you to fail.

Thing is, I don't think scum would roleblock you being that you're new at the game and didn't have claimed ability out there that they'd need to worry about. So unless someone who is town wants to fess up to roleblocking you last night, I'm probably going to lean towards you lying about this.

Once again, we're at a point where everyone needs to massclaim anyways. So for those who have yet to claim, please do so ASAP. Especially if you roleblocked llama last night.

Just now, Llamalover said:

When you say that, do you mean that your move was what killed Pickle? I'm not 100% clear on what a scum redirect is.

It's just a scum/mafia player who has a redirect vs a town player who has a redirect. Redirect is a role that often scum and/or town can have so that's why he's making that distinction. 

When you say that, do you mean that your move was what killed Pickle?

Correct

I'm not 100% clear on what a scum redirect is.

It's the same as a Town redirect. You can redirect another player/that ability to someone else. Here's an example:

N4: MWil puts in to kill _____________

N4: Llama puts in to redirect MWil to Malfatron

N4: Scum puts in to redirect MWil to Pickle Rick

So, if you were successful, I would have been redirected to Malfatron instead of _________. Instead, Scum put in the same move (for the sake of argument) and I was redirected to Pickle, carrying out my killing action.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Ok so your move failed, doesn't necessarily mean that you were redirected yourself. Could be a roleblock or other move that caused you to fail.

Thing is, I don't think scum would roleblock you being that you're new at the game and didn't have claimed ability out there that they'd need to worry about. So unless someone who is town wants to fess up to roleblocking you last night, I'm probably going to lean towards you lying about this.

Furthermore, based upon BCB's claim, he also was not jailed. 

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Once again, we're at a point where everyone needs to massclaim anyways. So for those who have yet to claim, please do so ASAP. Especially if you roleblocked llama last night.

Yes. If Town happened to roleblock him, they should speak up. Scum wouldn't speak up and would be content to let him die, so that lie to earn townie points from scum would be a 4D chess move at this stage in the game IMO.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Furthermore, based upon BCB's claim, he also was not jailed. 

Yes. If Town happened to roleblock him, they should speak up. Scum wouldn't speak up and would be content to let him die, so that lie to earn townie points from scum would be a 4D chess move at this stage in the game IMO.

I agree. And like I said, I doubt a scum roleblocker would block him at that point in the game with him being an inexperienced player and not having a claimed powerful move. It would have had to have been a suspicious town player who roleblocked him.

I thought that redirect meant that whatever move targeted Mwil would go to Malf instead, but now it sounds like I moved Mwil's move from his initial target to Malf, is that right?

Yes, that is how a redirect works. The way you thought it worked is actually a move called a bus driver.