The 2023 Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Post June is actually not the end of the world. Can't post a picture, but post June is 9.2 this year and 12 next vs 21 this year 

Slay isn't getting cut.

Edit: wait forgot bout June 1 trades my bad. Carry on.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

But that doesn't help them for free agency because even when you designate someone a post June 1, their cap charge doesn't come off the books until June 1

Not much you are going to be able to do this free agency is my guess. You have the offense already figured out so draft defense and hope for the best is my guess 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Slay isn't getting cut.

Edit: wait forgot bout June 1 trades my bad. Carry on.

All good brother. That's why we are all here to discuss. I know I may come off negative at times, but trust me when I say as a birds fan I want to be wrong every time lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Not much you are going to be able to do this free agency is my guess. You have the offense already figured out so draft defense and hope for the best is my guess 

Agreed.  Start cleaning up some of that dead cap issue.  Get that number down to around 30 million next year, and keep shrinking it.

21 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Can't wait to see the end result of the squad. Howie gonna earn that check this off season. 

I think if he hits a few bangers in the draft and gets depth with older players looking for that last check and then some undrafted guys, he would have earned the check. TJ was undrafted. Check some teams practice squads too. Howie has his tricks 

Edited by Shalodeep

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Just please get it done before the other QBs. 

Hopefully that points to that, they have been pretty good at beating teams to those deals before. It’d be great to just have it done and know where you can move stuff around in it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shalodeep said:

I think if he hits a few bangers in the draft and gets depth with older players looking for that last check and then some undrafted guys. It's where TJ came from

Yeah especially if we are indeed going to a more 3-4 base, signing some older vets with that experience makes a lot of sense. Some Desai depth guys too.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hopefully that points to that, they have been pretty good at beating teams to those deals before. It’d be great to just have it done and know where you can move stuff around in it.

It would be great, but, he does have an agent in his ear who is going to push to maximize every dollar.  Waiting on Lamar, Herby and Burrow would do that.