Post Superbowl, Get the Browns there next year Mock

DaWg_LB.

Hotep Good Brothers

My Post Superbowl Offseason…..In a few words

Resign:

Anthony Walker Jr.: Great Leader and I think would be able to play SAM just fine

Sione Taki Taki: After the way he played last year, our new Starting MLB

Greedy Williams: After getting healthy finally, I think he is a very solid CB and we need Inj. Depth.

Reggie Ragland: We need another Thumper in the Middle and he gives us that

Tender AJ Green: And I want to move him to FS.

Free Agent: I am only electing to bring one in, and that’s at DT…I know a LOT of folks want more at WR, I like what we have developing with another draft pick.

FA DT: Matt Ionidis 6’3 312lbs DT Carolina/Commanders

Let Walk: We cant sign everyone, and I believe this walking class will bring us 4 compensatory picks in 2024, making up for some of the Watson trade resources: Ethan Pocic, Clowney, Chase Winovich, Taven Bryan, Jacoby Brisset, Kareem Hunt, D’Ernest Johnson, Rodney Harrison, Chris Hubbard, Dieon Jones.

On Defense Staff: I would like to see us Hire Jim Lenohard as the DB’s/Passing Game Coordinator. I am a big Fan of our Asst. DB coach Brandon Lynch (would coach DB’s with Lenohard) and asst Dline coach Jordan Thomas (would coach the DL under Schwartz). Keep Tarver at LB’s coach…Bloom is really not necessary but for continuity keep him…and we Howard is already gone and Kiffin can leave also. I would also love a Sr. Defensive Assistant is one became available, like Gus Bradley.

NFL Draft:

2nd Tuli Tuipulotu, DE, USC (Van Ness is Close consideration here)
Height: 6-4. Weight: 290

3rd Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180

4th Sam LaPorta*, TE, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250

4th Keeanu Benton, NT/DT, Wisconsin
Height: 6-3. Weight: 312

5th Calab Murphy, DE/OLB, Ferris St.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245.

5th Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 193.

6thIsaiah Land, DE/OLB, Florida A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.

7th Quinton Barrow, OT, Grand Valley State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 331

UDFA:

Sevyn Banks, CB, LSU/OSU
Height: 6-1. Weight: 197

Tyson Bagnet, QB, Shepherd
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215

Javon Williams, FB, Southern Illinois
Height: 6-2. Weight: 245

Offense

QB: Waton/Mond/Bagnet

RB: Chubb/Ford/Felton

FB: Williams

TE: Njoku/LaPorta/Bryant

WR: Cooper/Isiah Weston

LT: Wills/Hudson/Barrow

OG: Bintonio/Forbes

😄 Harris/Deaton

OG: Teller/Frodholdt

RT: Conklin/Hudson/Barrow

WR: DPJ/Woods II

Slot: Bell/Downs/Schwartz

Defense

DE: Garret/Thomas

DT: Ionidis/Benton

DT: Winfrey/Elliot

DE: Tuipulotu/Wright

WOLB: JOK/Fields II

MLB: Taki Taki/Ragland/Walker Jr.

SOLB: Walker Jr./Murphy (OLB/DPR)/Land (OLB/DPR)

CB: Ward/Williams/Banks

FS: Delpit/A.J. Green (I also really like Bubba Bolden on the PS)

SS: Johnson III/Robinson

CB: Newsom Jr./Emerson jr/Banks

K: York

P: Bojarquez

LS: Huglet

Ok Good Brothers, have at it and tell me what you Think!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

2nd Tuli Tuipulotu, DE, USC (Van Ness is Close consideration here)
Height: 6-4. Weight: 290

Hate it, to be honest. Van Ness is 10x the player IMO, if they were both on the board. Tuli is terrible at naturally rushing the passer. He gets by with an insane motor, but he doesn't win with power, speed, or technique. He gets most of his pressures off of stunts and the QB scrambling around, combined with his hustle. I love players that play the game hard, but Tuipulotu offers nothing as a pass rusher that's intriguing. He's an adequate run defender, but for being a 290 pound DE, I wanted to see more power from him. He is just solid vs. the run.

3rd Josh Downs, WR, North Carolina
Height: 5-10. Weight: 180

Not a bad pick at all, but he's a gadget guy. He is fast, but isn't really a burner. He's more of a slot WR (which we need) that has insane quickness and RAC potential.

4th Sam LaPorta*, TE, Iowa
Height: 6-3. Weight: 250

Would be a fine pick. I think Payne Durham & Will Mallory are better prospects, but only marginally.

4th Keeanu Benton, NT/DT, Wisconsin
Height: 6-3. Weight: 312

I would poop my pants if he fell this far. He could be a late 1st round pick IMO. Absolute stud in the mold of Kenny Clark from Green Bay.

5th Calab Murphy, DE/OLB, Ferris St.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 245.

No clue who this is. No opinion.

5th Jammie Robinson, S, Florida State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 193.

He would be fantastic, but again, I'd poop my pants if he were there in the 5th. I would be shocked if he were there in the 3rd, especially given how bad the S class is.

6thIsaiah Land, DE/OLB, Florida A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.

Love Land's upside. Great late round flier pick. He's a dude I have a big grade on, but that size is definitely unacceptable.

7th Quinton Barrow, OT, Grand Valley State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 331

No clue.

If we came away with Van Ness & Benton, I'd be thrilled. Add Jammie Robinson in there and I'm doing backflips. That said, I really doubt any of those guys are there when we pick. Maybe Benton would be there in the 2nd. Maybe Robinson in the 3rd....but that's a little bit pie-in-the-sky IMO.

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Hate it, to be honest. Van Ness is 10x the player IMO, if they were both on the board. Tuli is terrible at naturally rushing the passer. He gets by with an insane motor, but he doesn't win with power, speed, or technique. He gets most of his pressures off of stunts and the QB scrambling around, combined with his hustle. I love players that play the game hard, but Tuipulotu offers nothing as a pass rusher that's intriguing. He's an adequate run defender, but for being a 290 pound DE, I wanted to see more power from him. He is just solid vs. the run.

This is where we disagree Strongly....I stick to my Guns this year....a couple years ago I let me LT board be moved by respect of anothers opinion over mine, I had the top guys was 1. Andrew Thomas 2. Tristin Wirfs 3. Makiah Bekton (but I said Boom or Bust with the Weight) 4. Robert Hunt and 5 Jedrick Wills. I gotta stick with what my eyes see....and I would say its the EXACT Opposite here....Van Ness wins a lot of plays with Motor....Tuli is MUCH MORE twitched up and not only functionaly stronger, but I would bet he does at LEAST 10 more reps on the Bench at the Combine/Pro days. I see Tuli winning with Power and Twitch. Also the Production matters to me...you are aware that Tuli had more Tackles for Loss and Sacks LAST year than Van Ness has been able to put in 3 seasons? Van Ness is much more Project, Tuli is a more Meat and Potatoes...and at 6'4 290 he has position flexibility that Van Ness does not...and lastly you said he's good VS the run only? you DO know who led the NCAA in Sacks last season with 13.5? .....for all these reasons I think Tuli is the Superior Prospect who's MORE pro ready.

I would poop my pants if he fell this far. He could be a late 1st round pick IMO. Absolute stud in the mold of Kenny Clark from Green Bay.

A run stopping DT that does not get to the passer....these type of players are found after day 1..an I think with a run on WR's and a couple other positions, I think he can get pushed down to round 4....I project him going somewhere late 3rd/Early 4th. I know we need run stoppers BADLY, but we must not overvalue the player...I like to call it the Steve Fifita Effect....He's a Value pick in round 4.....but I would eat my hat if he or the kid from Baylor go in round 1....DT's that dont get to the passer just dont go 1rst round normally.

No clue who this is. No opinion.

I've had my eye on this kid for 2 years now...(him and the his kid named BJ Thompson from Stephen F Austin, transfer from Baylor)...both are pass rushing Demons, I bounce between Thompson, Land and Calab Murphy for 2 of the 3 SOLB/DPR's to be brought in this year....Myles getting 16.5 and everyone else getting 1.5's and 3's AINT gonna work. We need pass Rushers...

He would be fantastic, but again, I'd poop my pants if he were there in the 5th. I would be shocked if he were there in the 3rd, especially given how bad the S class is.

You think this is a weak safety class and I think JUST the Oposite this year....its a DEEP safety class, its just not Top heavy....The Two kids from Alabama, the boy from Bosie St., the CB/FS from Tex A&M, Quan Martin from Illinois, Daniel Scott from Cal (one of my Favorite players in this draft), Brandon Joseph from ND, Jay Ward the CB covert from LSU, Rashard Torrence from UF, Kavon Merriweather from Iowa....those are all draftable players (2nd-5th rounds IMO)..so while we dont have a top 10 safety, I think 2 can go in round 1 and another 3or 4 in round 2.

Love Land's upside. Great late round flier pick. He's a dude I have a big grade on, but that size is definitely unacceptable.

Its either him or BJ Thompson (6'6 238lbs) here...I may be leaning towards BJ Thompson next week or in my next iteration of draft. 

No clue.

This kid is a Pure Project...but he's got movement skills, dancing bear feet, and a NASTY STREAK, he comes from an HBCU just like my last pick, and he needs at least a year in the weight room...but at 6'61/2 331lbs.....they just dont make many like that.....this is a PERFECT Lump of Clay for Father Callahan to pray over and train in the ways of Offensive Lineman LOL..

If we came away with Van Ness & Benton, I'd be thrilled. Add Jammie Robinson in there and I'm doing backflips. That said, I really doubt any of those guys are there when we pick. Maybe Benton would be there in the 2nd. Maybe Robinson in the 3rd....but that's a little bit pie-in-the-sky IMO.

I concur..just give me Tuli over Van Ness.....

Overall good job DLB. It is always a cold shower when our off season wish lists collide with reality as to what is attainable and what is unrealistic.

That being said - I have three significant changes I would make to your off season agenda.

First - I find a way to retain Ethan Pocic. Bottom line: the offense was humming when he was in the pivot. Let's not repeat the mistakes of the Bernie years. Have a stud QB, then go on the cheap for his protection. Not good.

Second - no way does JJ3 even sniff Lou Groza Blvd next season. Aside from the obvious financial benefits of releasing him, I think he was the cause of so many miscommunication issues and blown coverages. I am not willing to risk that a new defensive scheme magically fixes that with him. Face it, he and Joe Woods and their failures were joined at the hip as far as I was concerned. Time to move on.

Third - did you forget about D'Anthony Bell at safety? I really really liked what I saw out of him when he was given PT. Dude produced.

Carry on........

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wish I was confident in our WR but I feel like we have 2 solid options and a whole lot of question marks at best.  

Hopefully one of these guys develop, but they still seem like low ceiling players. Not a particularly dynamic or explosive player in the group.

Bell and Woods do nothing for.my pantys. 

Bell has no explosion and Woods is an athlete that isn't that athletic 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

Dawg L_B - when you mentioned you liked what we have developing at WR - I assume you were talking about Isaiah Weston? Me too - but I will need to see performance on the field before i buy into any more than a camp body.

Now I have some unnatural affinity for some players and sometimes I right and sometimes I'm Wrong......I really like this kid coming out last year. , his size, speed, body and Control are all top notch...he's older, I belive he was 24or 25 last year..one of the reasons he slipped in the draft, and he needs route running polish...and his drop rate was not the best in college  But I think working under Chad Oshea and working with Armani Cooper....I like the potential there

https://www.google.com/search?q=isaiah+weston+highlights+uni&ei=A0ruY9i8BMqoptQPjeW_yAQ&ved=0ahUKEwiYytWGrJr9AhVKlIkEHY3yD0kQ4dUDCA8&oq=isaiah+weston+highlights+uni&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQDDIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABMgUIIRCgATIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABOgoIABBHENYEELADOgkIABAWEB4Q8QQ6BQghEKsCOgsIIRAWEB4Q8QQQHUoECEEYAFCQAljXB2CII2gBcAF4AIABZIgB1gKSAQMzLjGYAQCgAQHIAQTAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:1112adeb,vid:8GTjD6UfYzU

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I wish I was confident in our WR but I feel like we have 2 solid options and a whole lot of question marks at best.  

Hopefully one of these guys develop, but they still seem like low ceiling players. Not a particularly dynamic or explosive player in the group.

I look at it like this...we know that as long as Nick Chubb Draws Breath, this should be a running team PRIMARILY, we also know that Stafanski loves The Tight End Position...so our #2 "Reviever" is going to be a TE like the Chargers when they had Antonio Gates, or the Cheif's with Tony Gonzales....in my opinion, our #2 WR is actually our #3 "Reviever" and the "Slot Guy" is our #4......I like Cooper, LEGIT #1....DPJ is a Legit #2 and is now adding value in the return game....Bell was one of my TOP Wr's coming out in last years draft, and he needs time. I am also not ready to give up on Schwartz...when he came out EVERYONE said its going to take him a year or 2 before he's a Full Time Contributor...we have failed to find a way to use his 4.24 speed while he's developing....we also have Michale Woods drafted, Isiah Weston and Mike Harley Jr. on the PS.........Lets see what develops before we throw Everything away.....

PS. I appreciate the Comments and Feedback...they make me a better poster

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I look at it like this...we know that as long as Nick Chubb Draws Breath, this should be a running team PRIMARILY, we also know that Stafanski loves The Tight End Position...so our #2 "Reviever" is going to be a TE like the Chargers when they had Antonio Gates, or the Cheif's with Tony Gonzales....in my opinion, our #2 WR is actually our #3 "Reviever" and the "Slot Guy" is our #4......I like Cooper, LEGIT #1....DPJ is a Legit #2 and is now adding value in the return game....Bell was one of my TOP Wr's coming out in last years draft, and he needs time. I am also not ready to give up on Schwartz...when he came out EVERYONE said its going to take him a year or 2 before he's a Full Time Contributor...we have failed to find a way to use his 4.24 speed while he's developing....we also have Michale Woods drafted, Isiah Weston and Mike Harley Jr. on the PS.........Lets see what develops before we throw Everything away.....

I haven’t given up on Bell, he’s still young and could develop but I see him as a slot guy only who is essentially similar to Jarvis.  Little explosiveness, sure hands, can find a hole in a zone…. I don’t see a starting caliber WR.

Woods is a guy I hope can develop into a 4th or 5th receiver, which for where he was drafted would be a nice pick.  I like is size a bit, but he seems rather middling at pretty much everything.

Schwartz, whew..  I don’t wanna say I’ve given up but….  Like, my expectations weren’t high but I’d like to see him at least be able to hit on big play occasionally.  He’s done next to nothing in 2 years.  Maybe he breaks out, but I’m not sure it’s gonna be starting caliber type of impact.

I don’t want to throw anything out per se, let them compete, but I don’t wanna just rely on these guys becoming quality players as I’m skeptical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Overall good job DLB. It is always a cold shower when our off season wish lists collide with reality as to what is attainable and what is unrealistic.

It is Silly Season......and I know my draft will change at least twice...still got Combine and Pro Day....

That being said - I have three significant changes I would make to your off season agenda.

First - I find a way to retain Ethan Pocic. Bottom line: the offense was humming when he was in the pivot. Let's not repeat the mistakes of the Bernie years. Have a stud QB, then go on the cheap for his protection. Not good.

I am feeling that...I have stated several time I want to retain him...but I look at two things...we got a LOT of Bills coming due soon...If Delpit continues to develop and DPJ they both gonna need new deals....that Watson deal is a lot more paralytic than people think...and with the Extension to Conklin I just dont see it. I also have confidence in Nick Harris

Second - no way does JJ3 even sniff Lou Groza Blvd next season. Aside from the obvious financial benefits of releasing him, I think he was the cause of so many miscommunication issues and blown coverages. I am not willing to risk that a new defensive scheme magically fixes that with him. Face it, he and Joe Woods and their failures were joined at the hip as far as I was concerned. Time to move on.

With JJ3, as I remember looking at it, the savings dont make sense for the cutting....Unless I'm reading it wrong we have to swallow 12.6  if we cut him, the Post or Pre June is only how we are going to eat the 12.6....and he makes 13.5 if he plays....that's only a net saving of 900K over 2 years...Id rather have the player for one more year and move him to the TRUE Strong Safety Roll like he was meant to play. I am one that FULLY blames the Miscommunications on Scheme and coaching, that's why I Wanted Woods and Hafley GONE!!! I just refuse to believe that coming to this team and playing outta position suddenly that this is the JJ III and not the one that Captained and Ran a back to back top 5 defense in the NFL just 2 years ago....I think it has more to do with The Coordinator, the Position Coach and moving from SS to FS...I put more of his performance on that....and If it only costs me 900K to find out...I'm keeping it.

Third - did you forget about D'Anthony Bell at safety? I really really liked what I saw out of him when he was given PT. Dude produced.

Carry on........

I didnt forget about D'Anthony Bell....I liked him too...I mentioned him and Bubba Boldon who spent most of the year on the PS. We will need depth Me Thinks....

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Bell and Woods do nothing for.my pantys. 

Bell has no explosion and Woods is an athlete that isn't that athletic 

I can dig it....I liked Bell's rout running and hands at Purdue....things that cant be measured as much. But I can dig it, he dosent blow your skirt up at all. We have a couple WR's like that now on the PS.....and Really Michael Woods II....I litterally would Cut him for Isiah Weston as a prospect TODAY if we could only keep 1.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I haven’t given up on Bell, he’s still young and could develop but I see him as a slot guy only who is essentially similar to Jarvis.  Little explosiveness, sure hands, can find a hole in a zone…. I don’t see a starting caliber WR.

I see bell as the Same thing....but also remember, early in his carreer J Landry would routinely catch 90-112 passes a year....If Bell develops into that, thats a home run for a 3rd round pick no? And 105 catches in the slot, starter or not...is 105 catches from the Slot.

Woods is a guy I hope can develop into a 4th or 5th receiver, which for where he was drafted would be a nice pick.  I like is size a bit, but he seems rather middling at pretty much everything.

Yeah....Woods....I dont know if I'm still pissed at Joe Woods..now ALL Woods'es have to GO!!! LOL not sure, but I didnt like the pick when we made it, but I trust A.B. and Pauly D.....

Schwartz, whew..  I don’t wanna say I’ve given up but….  Like, my expectations weren’t high but I’d like to see him at least be able to hit on big play occasionally.  He’s done next to nothing in 2 years.  Maybe he breaks out, but I’m not sure it’s gonna be starting caliber type of impact.

I am WITH you so MUCH here.....The only reason I think I'm still holding out is because, when we drafted they said this kid would take a year or two to acclimate to the NFL...and he was injured most of year 1. This year, if this dude doesn't come out in OTA's like GANG BUSTERS....then......

i-dont-know-man-michael-che.gif

I don’t want to throw anything out per se, let them compete, but I don’t wanna just rely on these guys becoming quality players as I’m skeptical.

I am with you on this.....That's why I'm wanting to bring in another young guy in draft.....put some more talent in the hopper and lets see what happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I see bell as the Same thing....but also remember, early in his carreer J Landry would routinely catch 90-112 passes a year....If Bell develops into that, thats a home run for a 3rd round pick no? And 105 catches in the slot, starter or not...is 105 catches from the Slot.

so I said this about Landry and I’ll be consistent, I’m not impressed by volume catches for short gains.  That’s not necessarily an indication a guy’s a good receiver as much as he is a guy who gets a lot of relatively easy opportunities.  Give me a dude who wins 1:2 coverage vs top shelf corners, makes plays in the red zone and makes plays when everyone knows the ball is coming his way.