John Fox is still employed

G08

Just now, Madmike90 said:

So say Fangio takes over and wins the final 3 games...that wouldn't muddy the waters or change our draft position? Wrong.

No.

You are hiring an offensive coach and the fans understand that.

It would allow you to build some momentum with guys like Kyle Long, who sounds suicidal right now about the losing.

Just now, WindyCity said:

No.

You are hiring an offensive coach and the fans understand that.

It would allow you to build some momentum with guys like Kyle Long, who sounds suicidal right now about the losing.

Well it does...winning would give us a lower draft position...and if your DC wins 3 out of 3 you don't think some would want him to stay on as at least a DC for next season?

Ben McAdoo has 13 wins.

And more or less hated by that organization, yep. No issues cutting ties with an a-hole.

It's a lost season, it's been a lost season for a few weeks now, firing Fox now literally does nothing.

Well it does...winning would give us a lower draft position...and if your DC wins 3 out of 3 you don't think some would want him to stay on as at least a DC for next season?

Who cares what they want.

I am less concerned with draft position than I am with the 40 players who are going to be here losing more games. Losing is a disease the longer you have it the worse it gets. We have key players like Kyle Long who has never won 4 games in a row.

Who cares what they want.

I am less concerned with draft position than I am with the 40 players who are going to be here losing more games. Losing is a disease the longer you have it the worse it gets. We have key players like Kyle Long who has never won 4 games in a row.

And that shows how short sighted you are being.

Just now, G08 said:

And more or less hated by that organization, yep. No issues cutting ties with an a-hole.

It's a lost season, it's been a lost season for a few weeks now, firing Fox now literally does nothing.

It 

-Allows the offense to be opened up

-Allows you to do more with Trubisky

-Gets Shaheen the playing time he desperately needs

-Gets Tarik Cohen on the field all the time

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Ask the Giants what professional courtesy they had with the 4 years of planning that McAdoo had with better results than Fox at that. 

John Fox is not Ben McAdoo. John Fox didn't lose his locker room and bench a Hall of Fame quarterback and face of the franchise on caprice. Fox is still respected by his colleagues, and has 25+ years of experience in the NFL. He has a lot of friends, many of whom would resent the Bears if they equated him with McAdoo and gave him the same treatment.

The Bears are one of the founding members of the NFL. We're a franchise worthy of respect, and we respect those that have been in the game long enough to earn it. I seriously doubt the McCaskeys would ever approve dragging a guy like John Fox's name through the mud by firing him with four games left.

And that shows how short sighted you are being.

It is not short sighted.

1. Fangio is not going to win 3 games

2. Tanking for a draft pick is a joke the difference between 5-8 does  not concern me as much as the guys who are going to use to being door mats.

It 

-Allows the offense to be opened up

-Allows you to do more with Trubisky

-Gets Shaheen the playing time he desperately needs

-Gets Tarik Cohen on the field all the time

Does it?

Does it?

Does it?

Does it?

Shaheen has been dog-crap some of the time on the field, for all we know someone will call a 7 step drop, Shaheen will whiff on yet another block, and Trubisky gets knocked out for next season. I'm not interested.

Just now, HHRedRookHH said:

John Fox is not Ben McAdoo. John Fox didn't lose his locker room and bench a Hall of Fame quarterback and face of the franchise on caprice. Fox is still respected by his colleagues, and has 25+ years of experience in the NFL. He has a lot of friends, many of whom would resent the Bears if they equated him with McAdoo and gave him the same treatment.

The Bears are one of the founding members of the NFL. We're a franchise worthy of respect, and we respect those that have been in the game long enough to earn it. I seriously doubt the McCaskeys would ever approve dragging a guy like John Fox's name through the mud by firing him with four games left.

You and I are lock-step on this one, bud.

It is not short sighted.

1. Fangio is not going to win 3 games

2. Tanking for a draft pick is a joke the difference between 5-8 does  not concern me as much as the guys who are going to use to being door mats.

I really is short sighted but given you can not see the Forrest for the trees I wouldn't expect you to get it.

Archived