John Fox is still employed

G08

1 hour ago, G08 said:

When did he officially take over playcalling? I thought it was last week vs the Jets.

The Chiefs guys think it was halftime of the Bills game.

Apparently they came out and ran totally different stuff than the 1st half and the 4 weeks previous.

None of the Ried staples and a ton of shotgun-spread stuff.

Good read on Pace.

But, as you mentioned, that process won't be a clean restart. Pace will carry his record into the coaching market. He’ll have to sell candidates on a fan base with zero patience and a roster filled with holes and durability issues. On the bright side, most of the tearing down is complete.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-real-talk-ryan-pace-20171205-story.html

This season alone 19 NFL teams have enjoyed a winning streak of at least three games. The Bears’ last three-game surge? Well, that came in the first month of the Marc Trestman era — way, way back in September 2013. The only NFL teams that have gone longer without a three-game winning streak? There are none. (Even the Browns have won three in a row more recently, doing so in the middle of 2014.)

The Bears also have been in last place in their division since Dec. 22, 2015. The only team stuck in their division basement for longer, without even a one-week peek outside: the Browns.

The Bears have made only one playoff appearance in the last 10 seasons. The other teams without multiple trips to the postseason party in that span: the Browns, Buccaneers, Rams, Bills, Titans, Raiders and Jaguars.

The Bears have only 25 victories in the five seasons since Lovie Smith was fired. The teams with fewer over that stretch: the Jags (23) and Browns (15).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-george-mccaskey-team-failure-20171206-story.html

^ Dude you are like the freaking grim reaper with your constantly negative posts.  Like we need to be reminded of the futility that we've seen here over the past few years.  It's not in our control on how this team performs going forward.  All we can do is hope and pray it gets better under a new staff.  I still have hope for Pace to get things right.

I don't think Windy is being fair in looking at how AWFUL this roster was. We plugged miss after miss after miss in the draft with character concern players like Martellus Bennett and Brandon Marshall. Alshon Jeffery wanted out of here, and with good reason. Forte was old and beat up.

Speaking of which... how have Bennett/Marshall/Forte done since they left here? *crickets*

Dude stressed patience, he's in year three of putting his stamp on this team, I'm more than willing to give him his 5 years and if we are still butt****ing around with 3-4 wins then yeah kick him to the curb. I'm in no rush to be the God damned Browns, who just now fired Sashi Brown.

Yup Sashi Brown was just let go, but is this really surprising?  The guy is a lawyer by trade and had no business being a GM in the first place.  Same old Browns...please let's not turn into them by firing GM's every 2-3 years.

Great article.  Fact remains that Ryan Pace is going to be a lame duck GM going into this hiring process and I bet a lot of coaches like McDaniels, Lefleur, Reich are saying to themselves thanks but no thanks.  The coach that does take the job really is being put in the situation of win next year with a 3 or 4 win team.  The next bears coach will likely go 5-11 their first year Pace gets fired coach has one more bad year with a new GM and the new GM fires the head coach to bring is "his guy"   

George McCaskey needs to move ted Phillips into a CEO role where all he does is count money and hire a president of football operations that is an actual football guy.  It has always amazed me that the McCaskey's own a football team and know nothing about football. 

2 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Great article.  Fact remains that Ryan Pace is going to be a lame duck GM going into this hiring process and I bet a lot of coaches like McDaniels, Lefleur, Reich are saying to themselves thanks but no thanks.  The coach that does take the job really is being put in the situation of win next year with a 3 or 4 win team.  The next bears coach will likely go 5-11 their first year Pace gets fired coach has one more bad year with a new GM and the new GM fires the head coach to bring is "his guy"   

Why do you feel Pace is a lame duck GM..do you have any insider info to how the McCaskey's really feel about Pace and how much job security he has?  No.  You are basing your opinion on the way you feel as a fan and on what the optics are right now in terms of team record under his tenure.

This organization will not handicap themselves by making it known to potential coaching candidates that Pace only has 2 years left on his deal.  They will either extend his contract to align with that of the new coach they hire or they will fire him over and start from scratch.  Of the two scenarios the former is way more likely.

17 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Johnathan Wood @Johnathan_Wood1
FollowFollow @Johnathan_Wood1
More

Reggie McKenzie was hired as Oakland's GM before the 2012 season following a decade of incompetence. It took him until year 4 to win more than 4 games in a season. Year 5 to finish above .500. Now pushing for 2nd straight playoff berth. #Patience

37 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

^ Dude you are like the freaking grim reaper with your constantly negative posts.  Like we need to be reminded of the futility that we've seen here over the past few years.  It's not in our control on how this team performs going forward.  All we can do is hope and pray it gets better under a new staff.  I still have hope for Pace to get things right.

Reality and negativity are not the same thing. Accepting the reality of the situation is important for building from it and fixing the issues. You sound like the McCaskeys, "everything is fine, tradition, 85 Bears, next year". That line of thinking has kept them from taking a harsh look at the team and what needs to be done.

I am not sure what positives we should be focusing and talking about? At least Adam Shaheen will be healthy for the offseason program.

24 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I do not think he is a lame duck. I think he gets 2 years no matter what happens next year.

That being said the record is going to impact the coaching search.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Reality and negativity are not the same thing. Accepting the reality of the situation is important for building from it and fixing the issues. You sound like the McCaskeys, "everything is fine, tradition, 85 Bears, next year". That line of thinking has kept them from taking a harsh look at the team and what needs to be done.

I am not sure what positives we should be focusing and talking about? At least Adam Shaheen will be healthy for the offseason program.

LOL ya everything is fine according to me.  That's exactly what I said.  Nice try.

I am just saying we need to give Pace some more time.  I get that everyone is impatient and wants to see some wins but no one said it'd be easy or happen quickly.  This team is doing what it has needed to do for a while and that is rebuild with a young core of players.

I think we just need a couple more good drafts and the right coaching staff and we'll be fine.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

LOL ya everything is fine according to me.  That's exactly what I said.  Nice try.

I am just saying we need to give Pace some more time.  I get that everyone is impatient and wants to see some wins but no one said it'd be easy or happen quickly.  This team is doing what it has needed to do for a while and that is rebuild with a young core of players.

I think we just need a couple more good drafts and the right coaching staff and we'll be fine.

Expecting more than 3 wins this season is not impatience. Not expecting more than 3 wins this season is incredibly low standards.

This season has been a failure of coaching and front office and that should be pointed out. I am glad the media is not letting Pace off the hook for the roster issues that have contributed to this collapse.

Give Pace more time, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass on his part in 36 loses.

Archived