John Fox is still employed

G08

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I've listened to a ton of interviews on the subject, you gain nothing from firing your head coach early. By rule you cannot interview any coach on another team until the season is over. If they are in the playoffs, it has to be on a bye week.

Only advantage you get is you can interview someone who is currently not employed by the NFL... and really you can do that anyway if you have your head coach and GM in office.

You can do a more honest self assessment of your team and roster if they guy running it is not there. The Rams article I posted outlined the process they went through over the last 3 weeks of the season without Fisher there and how it allowed them to target the right person out of the gate.

You cannot get a jump on interviewing, unless you want a college coach, but you can better prepare yourself for the search.

Just now, WindyCity said:

You can do a more honest self assessment of your team and roster if they guy running it is not there. The Rams article I posted outlined the process they went through over the last 3 weeks of the season without Fisher there and how it allowed them to target the right person out of the gate.

You cannot get a jump on interviewing, unless you want a college coach, but you can better prepare yourself for the search.

The staff is all gone, though. Fox/Loggains/Ragone/Fangio/Donatell are either out of contract or getting fired.

Personally... I'd consider keeping Loggains as a QB coach and Donatell as DBs coach or see if he'd be interested in being a DC.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

The staff is all gone, though. Fox/Loggains/Ragone/Fangio/Donatell are either out of contract or getting fired.

Personally... I'd consider keeping Loggains as a QB coach and Donatell as DBs coach or see if he'd be interested in being a DC.

Doesn't mean you do not want to sit down with Fangio and have an honest conversation about why the team sucks.

I would also like to sit down and ask Loggains if the offense sucks, if Trubisky is any good, or was Fox holding them back.

I would also like to have Hicks, Trevathan, Sitton, Demps come in and tell me honestly what the locker room and culture was like and what type of coach they think people need.

You cannot 100% assess yourself if Fox is here and people cannot be as honest.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Doesn't mean you do not want to sit down with Fangio and have an honest conversation about why the team sucks.

I would also like to sit down and ask Loggains if the offense sucks, if Trubisky is any good, or was Fox holding them back.

I would also like to have Hicks, Trevathan, Sitton, Demps come in and tell me honestly what the locker room and culture was like and what type of coach they think people need.

You cannot 100% assess yourself if Fox is here and people cannot be as honest.

Those are called exit interviews, Windy.

Just now, G08 said:

Those are called exit interviews, Windy.

I want them done before that so I can use that information in my search. You also do not do exit interviews with fired coaches.

The Bears need to be in front of this because they are not as desirable a job as some others.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I want them done before that so I can use that information in my search. You also do not do exit interviews with fired coaches.

The Bears need to be in front of this because they are not as desirable a job as some others.

How do we know that Pace hasn't already spoken to some coaches like Loggains and Fangio about what their thoughts are?

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How do we know that Pace hasn't already spoken to some coaches like Loggains and Fangio about what their thoughts are?

I am sure he has.

But how honest are they going to be with Fox in the building? These guys are pros and they have to work for this guy for 4 more weeks. I do not think Fangio is going to sewer Fox while still working for him.

I am not making this up Albert Breer did an extensive interview with the Rams and they talk extensively about this.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am sure he has.

But how honest are they going to be with Fox in the building? These guys are pros and they have to work for this guy for 4 more weeks. I do not think Fangio is going to sewer Fox while still working for him.

I am not making this up Albert Breer did an extensive interview with the Rams and they talk extensively about this.

All it takes is a phone call, text message, "hey come up to my office real quick" kind of thing. I don't think this makes any bit of a difference, honestly.

Pace is a diligent SOB, he's going to get all his ducks in a row and be ready to aggressively pounce on the guys he wants. Whether he gets them or not is another story.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am sure he has.

I'm not doubting that and saying that there is no value in that type of scenario at all, but Pace seems like a pretty bright person and the type of guy that knows what he wants and what this team needs.

Just now, G08 said:

All it takes is a phone call, text message, "hey come up to my office real quick" kind of thing. I don't think this makes any bit of a difference, honestly.

Pace is a diligent SOB, he's going to get all his ducks in a row and be ready to aggressively pounce on the guys he wants. Whether he gets them or not is another story.

I am just telling you what the Rams talked about.

You see it right now with the Browns firing Sashi so that they can get into the GM market early and get themselves ready. Interviewing coaches and players while Fox is still there is a little classless.

Like your wife asking your kids and friends why you suck before she leaves you and starts dating another guy.

Fox is staying, but there really is not a practical reason for him staying.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not doubting that and saying that there is no value in that type of scenario at all, but Pace seems like a pretty bright person and the type of guy that knows what he wants and what this team needs.

Remember all the stuff he did behind the scenes with Trubisky that we had NO idea about? He knows how big of a decision drafting a QB was.

Now he knows that this is his last shot at finding his head coach to tie to Trubisky. Does anyone really think he's not digging into everything right now?

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I do not think it is reasonable to have that much faith in Pace at this moment.

I would like him to take the next 4 weeks to really honestly assess this mess and then make some decisions. Pace is also the person who knew what he wanted and what the team needed and signed Mike Glennon.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Remember all the stuff he did behind the scenes with Trubisky that we had NO idea about? He knows how big of a decision drafting a QB was.

Now he knows that this is his last shot at finding his head coach to tie to Trubisky. Does anyone really think he's not digging into everything right now?

I think it is easier and classier to do the digging without Fox being there.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

I am just telling you what the Rams talked about.

You see it right now with the Browns firing Sashi so that they can get into the GM market early and get themselves ready. Interviewing coaches and players while Fox is still there is a little classless.

Like your wife asking your kids and friends why you suck before she leaves you and starts dating another guy.

Fox is staying, but there really is not a practical reason for him staying.

We had this convo already but it's a few things. Some of the team is still playing hard and fighting for him, he's still respected by our team leaders, and whether we like it or not Pace, Fox and Loggains all have a plan in place to develop Trubisky and they're not going to blow that up with 4 games left in a dead season.

Now, if we come out and run the ball 50 times and throw it 10 times, and it was Fox's doing, then I can see a reason to fire him on the spot.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

What can I say, I guess all these armchair GMs like to question the guy's intelligence as if he's not already ten steps ahead of what us fans are thinking.

Archived