John Fox is still employed

G08

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Of course, hell I'm hoping we lose that game.

what coach or FA is going to come to the bears if we can't even beat the browns. Kiss Nagy Reich and Lefluer good bye.  Kiss All the FA WR under 30 years old good bye. 

12 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

what coach or FA is going to come to the bears if we can't even beat the browns. Kiss Nagy Reich and Lefluer good bye.  Kiss All the FA WR under 30 years old good bye. 

They don't care.

How much money are you offering?

59 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

If all we are doing is bashing Pace's FA signings expect Hicks and Trevathan then why do we want him around another two years?

Because his drafts have been solid.

Plus I want to let him see this Trubisky thing through.

23 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I wonder if there will be all this support for Ryan Pace when the bears lose the browns on Christmas eve?  

I hope we lose to the Browns.

1. Huge for our draft position.

2. Would be super embarrassing for John Fox and I am okay with him being embarrassed and tarnishing his legacy more.

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I hope we lose to the Browns.

1. Huge for our draft position.

2. Would be super embarrassing for John Fox and I am okay with him being embarrassed and tarnishing his legacy more.

I'll ask the same question.  what FA or coach is going to want to come here.  the browns are further along in their rebuild than the bears.  the 49ers are further along than the bears.  Bears will have no creditably left in league circles.    

6 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I'll ask the same question.  what FA or coach is going to want to come here.  the browns are further along in their rebuild than the bears.  the 49ers are further along than the bears.  Bears will have no creditably left in league circles.    

They don't care dude.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I have wasted money. I focus on it so it does not happen again.

Glennon does have a bearing on the future. Every dollar he made could have been rolled forward into the 2018 season and used to build an even better team around Trubisky.

So no then. We won’t be moving past it. We’re going to keep on beating that dead horse. Great. Grand. Awesome.

We are going to have like $90M in cap space after trimming all of the obvious fat this offseason (Glennon himself, Wheaton, Cooper, Freeman, McPhee and/or Young, probably Sims and maybe Sitton and Demps) and the likelihood we could spend all of that without at least some being used toward one-year longer shot type contracts similar to that given to Wheaton this past offseason is pretty low, even if we are overpaying for a few top guys. We don’t have any big extensions to hand out with exception of probably Goldman. O’Donnell won’t break the bank at all. Fuller isn’t worth the tag IMO and even if we do tag him, extend Goldman and O’Donnell we should still have upwards of $50M in cap space going into FA in March. The Glennon contract reducing our carry over cap space will not be prohibitive to our ability to do anything at all, same as it didn’t limit us financially from doing anything this past offseason. 

But let’s keep dwelling on it. While we’re at it let’s keep lamenting that we don’t have Vic Beasley or Aaron Donald too. That’s just as productive. 

On 06/12/2017 at 2:42 PM, G08 said:

If you read what I've said about DeFilippo, and what players he has coached said about him, you wouldn't be saying that.

Well I would because LaFleur has had as much if not more success that DeFillippo.

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

We are going to have like $90M in cap space after trimming all of the obvious fat this offseason (Glennon himself, Wheaton, Cooper, Freeman, McPhee and/or Young, probably Sims and maybe Sitton and Demps) and the likelihood we could spend all of that without at least some being used toward one-year longer shot type contracts similar to that given to Wheaton this past offseason is pretty low, even if we are overpaying for a few top guys. We don’t have any big extensions to hand out with exception of probably Goldman. O’Donnell won’t break the bank at all. Fuller isn’t worth the tag IMO and even if we do tag him, extend Goldman and O’Donnell we should still have upwards of $50M in cap space going into FA in March. The Glennon contract reducing our carry over cap space will not be prohibitive to our ability to do anything at all, same as it didn’t limit us financially from doing anything this past offseason. 

I agree with the gist of that, but I think giving up on Demps, simply because of injury, is probably short-sighted. Cooper (although injury isn't a factor) may be a similar situation, as he hasn't been horrible, and has a decent track record. 

2 hours ago, Rogerthat said:

Fair enough my patience for Pace ran out this past Sunday when they couldn't beat the 1-10 49ers. 

In all fairness, that was not with Jimmy at QB for the first 11 games. Jimmy is a huge upgrade to what they were putting out there, and that is a legitimate defense that was hindered by garbage QBs. Other than them having a solid coach, it was basically like the Bears of the 90s.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

In all fairness, that was not with Jimmy at QB for the first 11 games. Jimmy is a huge upgrade to what they were putting out there, and that is a legitimate defense that was hindered by garbage QBs. Other than them having a solid coach, it was basically like the Bears of the 90s.

It’s the overall situation that makes me really question pace.  The 49ers are much further long in the rebuild in a much shorter time.  Look at the 49ers. They have the young offensive minded coach. A franchise QB at a fraction of the cost that the bears paid for their QB and they have a better roster. John lynch accomplished more in one year than pace and the bears have in three. He has the coach the qb and some draft capital (thanks to Ryan Pace) going into 2018. Bears have a lame duck GM and a team that hasn’t even hit rock bottom yet. 

Archived