John Fox is still employed

G08

Hue Jackson was told he will be back in 2018 so he's not going anywhere.

I LOVE what they did, honestly. Get a BUNCH of picks and then hire John Dorsey to make them. Pretty brilliant in my football world.

As for the Bears... of course I want the best Head Coaching candidate, but OC turnover is what has ruined this franchise for years upon years. I don't know enough about Patricia to really comment, but I think someone like Dirk Koetter could come along with him (and I don't see that dude getting a head coaching gig anytime soon).

Still... I'm 100% John DeFilippo after everything I read about him. He's a year or two away but we need to pounce on him now.

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Also wanted to mention that the Browns just proved that you can do your research and plan who you want to hire long before you actually fire your coach/GM.  Coaching is a bit different because you have to wait until after the regular season to interview candidates, but don't think that Pace doesn't already have a list of guys he has in mind.

Entirely different. They made the move right now because they wanted to beat the Giants into the market.

You bring him in, you can sign Jordan Matthews in free agency (hell of a teammate, consummate pro and respected leader in the WR room... Carson Wentz literally cried when MAtthews was traded away).

1. Matthews

2. Meredith

3. Rookie/Inman

4. White

Just now, G08 said:

Hue Jackson was told he will be back in 2018 so he's not going anywhere.

I LOVE what they did, honestly. Get a BUNCH of picks and then hire John Dorsey to make them. Pretty brilliant in my football world.

As for the Bears... of course I want the best Head Coaching candidate, but OC turnover is what has ruined this franchise for years upon years. I don't know enough about Patricia to really comment, but I think someone like Dirk Koetter could come along with him (and I don't see that dude getting a head coaching gig anytime soon).

Still... I'm 100% John DeFilippo after everything I read about him. He's a year or two away but we need to pounce on him now.

I just want the best head coach.

We went from a coach who could not control the room [Trestman] to a coach who could not instill accountability and was a game day liability [Fox].

Just now, G08 said:

You bring him in, you can sign Jordan Matthews in free agency (hell of a teammate, consummate pro and respected leader in the WR room... Carson Wentz literally cried when MAtthews was traded away).

1. Matthews

2. Meredith

3. Rookie/Inman

4. White

That is the slowest WR core I think you could put together.

Mathews is a slot guy, coming off a bad year, and gives us 3 dudes who are very similar.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

That is the slowest WR core I think you could put together.

Mathews is a slot guy, coming off a bad year, and gives us 3 dudes who are very similar.

Slowest?

Rookie Burner / 4.47

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

Slowest?

Rookie Burner / 4.47

Matthews has never been fast and speed limitations moved him to the slot in Philly and Buffalo

4.49 coming off an ACL

Rookie would have to be able to run

Kevin White, 4.35, hahhahahahahahah

-Has never looked that fast

-Has had 2 devastating leg injuries

-The only place he is running 4.35 is right onto IR

22 minutes ago, G08 said:

1. Matthews

2. Meredith

3. Rookie/Inman

4. IR - Kevin White can't be relied on even as a four and he doesn't show that 4.35 speed anymore.  He couldn't separate from anyone in the limited time he played this year. 

Kevin white needs to be viewed as your 6th WR who will be injured in OTAs and be put on IR    

white will be injured one more out of that group and you are calling Tre McBride to come back and play

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Matthews has never been fast and speed limitations moved him to the slot in Philly and Buffalo

4.49 coming off an ACL

Rookie would have to be able to run

Kevin White, 4.35, hahhahahahahahah

-Has never looked that fast

-Has had 2 devastating leg injuries

-The only place he is running 4.35 is right onto IR

Players with 40+ receptions on the #1 scoring offense in football:

Alshon Jeffery - 4.48

Zach Ertz - 4.67

Nelson Agholor - 4.42

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

Players with 40+ receptions on the #1 scoring offense in football:

Alshon Jeffery - 4.48

Zach Ertz - 4.67

Nelson Agholor - 4.42

Those are talented guys with average speed.

Jordan Matthews is a #3 WR with speed concerns.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Those are talented guys with average speed.

Jordan Matthews is a #3 WR with speed concerns.

Jordan Matthews is pretty good.  Only thing I question with him is his hands.  Other than that his speed is fine IMO.  He wouldn't be a guy I'd rely on to revamp my WR corps but he'd add some nice depth.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

Ah, shift the conversation lol

You shifted it to a team that has really talented players. Of course we should want talent over just speed.

The guys you are mentioning are not talented players. Jordan Matthews was not good enough to play on that team in addition to being not a very fast guy. Since getting to Buffalo he has done next to nothing and been injured.

1. Talent

2. Speed

Have to have at least 1 of them

Just now, topwop1 said:

Jordan Matthews is pretty good.  Only thing I question with him is his hands.  Other than that his speed is fine IMO.  He wouldn't be a guy I'd rely on to revamp my WR corps but he'd add some nice depth.

We have 2 of them already in Inman and Meredith.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

You shifted it to a team that has really talented players. Of course we should want talent over just speed.

The guys you are mentioning are not talented players. Jordan Matthews was not good enough to play on that team in addition to being not a very fast guy. Since getting to Buffalo he has done next to nothing and been injured.

1. Talent

2. Speed

Have to have at least 1 of them

Why would I not look at the speed of the best offense in the NFL?

Archived