John Fox is still employed

G08

5 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Marques Lee and Paul Richardson.  draft Ridley.  resign Inman meridith and wright

Ridley, Lee, Richardson, Inman, Meridith, wright, white(IR)

size speed and route running. 

This WR group isn't going to mesh up with how high we are drafting.

I really like Ridley, but I do not think I could take him in the top 5.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This WR group isn't going to mesh up with how high we are drafting.

I really like Ridley, but I do not think I could take him in the top 5.

where would you feel comfortable taking Ridley?

WR get pushed up just like QBs do on draft day.  two injured WR went in the top 7 of the 2017 draft.  If the bears want a #1 potential they are going to have to reach

2 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

WR get pushed up just like QBs do on draft day.  two injured WR went in the top 7 of the 2017 draft.  If the bears want a #1 potential they are going to have to reach

10-15

I do not think he has the dominant physical tools that I would expect from a 4th overall pick at WR. That is Julio, AJ Green, Megatron territory.

7 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

I read something that t all 3 top 10 WRs from last year's draft (Davis, Williams, Ross) have a combined yardage total of 350 yards or something pathetic like that. Add in the fact that KW is looking like a bust pick for Pace, doubt he selects another WR top-10.  If he does then I hope it's Cam Sutton and not Calvin Ridley.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears will have to do something like

Free Agency

2xWR

Draft

1. OLB, will be the only play to get a real one and we may get Chubb

2. OT, all the offensive coaches we are talking about come from systems that give 0 help to the OTs.

I agree with you Windycity, I look for Inman and Meredith  to be resigned . Wright ? I would like to see Cohen worked in the slot along with change of pace RB duty. Draft another midround RB to throw in the mix. Deep draft in RBs this year. Draft priority Edge, OT, CB if Fuller and the Prince are not resigned.

If Ridley is the 10th ranked player and bears are picking 5th or 6th.  you are reaching 4  or 5 picks.  the position value and the fact the #1 WRs are a premium that is not a big reach.  The physical limitation are a concern but if he is 6'1 195 to 200 lbs and runs a sub 4.45 40 at the combine that would alleviate those concerns.  On the flip side if he is 180lbs that drops him out the first entirely.    

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Free Agency

2xWR

Draft

2. OT, all the offensive coaches we are talking about come from systems that give 0 help to the OTs.

Conventional wisdom, NFL style, says it takes WR a while to get the NFL game. I want FA WR to help Trubisky in 2018 (actually, in 2017, but that ship not only sailed, it sunk) and not in 2019 or 2020. If we can't trade down or if an impact defender is available, I'm all in for 1=DE-fender, 2=OT. Impact defender to help the team, help get the other team's offense off the field to get Trubisky back on the field. OT help Trubisky,  help running game, help WR get a bit deeper or more open.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Free Agency

2xWR

Draft

Assuming we do something to make sure we have starting caliber CBs in FA I’m totally cool with this. 

We need a true X. Kevin White was supposed to be that guy, but he has no feel for the position. Meredith isn't very good on the outside. Inman I suppose could play it but I don't want that dude as a #1.

I pray Ryan Pace isn't scared to go after Allen Robinson because of his ACL tear. That dude would be perfect.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

We need a true X. Kevin White was supposed to be that guy, but he has no feel for the position. Meredith isn't very good on the outside. Inman I suppose could play it but I don't want that dude as a #1.

I pray Ryan Pace isn't scared to go after Allen Robinson because of his ACL tear. That dude would be perfect.

I’m worried with Robinson that he’s gonna see what’s building in Jacksonville and not want to leave there. That team is a QB away from being REALLY good. 

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Assuming we do something to make sure we have starting caliber CBs in FA I’m totally cool with this. 

The free agent CB class is nice. 

But Massie and Leno cannot hold up in what the Chiefs, Eagles or Rams do on offense and the free agent class is horrendous.

Archived