John Fox is still employed

G08

The Bears are hamstrung by a) rotten luck in injuries b) poor in game coaching c)an undeveloped QB d) serious missing pieces in key areas

If anything, be glad for this year as the lack of WRs has highlighted how unadaptable this coaching staff is, to hurry along something new on the sidelines. With luck, we'll see a good team in 2019, with Bears luck, we'll be doing all this over for 2020.  Hope you get some intrinsic enjoyment out of watching TV on Sunday.

39 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

It’s the overall situation that makes me really question pace.  The 49ers are much further long in the rebuild in a much shorter time.  Look at the 49ers. They have the young offensive minded coach. A franchise QB at a fraction of the cost that the bears paid for their QB and they have a better roster. John lynch accomplished more in one year than pace and the bears have in three. He has the coach the qb and some draft capital (thanks to Ryan Pace) going into 2018. Bears have a lame duck GM and a team that hasn’t even hit rock bottom yet. 

I have to respectfully disagree. They are getting him with an expiring contract, so they are going to have to look at franchising him and then extending him at a huge salary. We have 5 years with Trubisky before either needs done, and he is 3 years younger than Jimmy.

John  Lynch had far more talent on the team than Pace did as well. The 49ers already were in a rebuild before him, they were in one as soon as Harbaugh left, Willis retired, etc. This isn't a one year deal by any means. Pace was handcuffed to Fox by ownership by most reports, who the hell would be able to accomplish much with that loser getting blatantly outcoached in 90% of his games? We likely get to have a chance at doing the same thing Lynch did this year, trading back for a king's ransom. And honestly, for moving up to the 2nd we didn't give much at all. Even when people said the 'draft value chart' showed we got fleeced, they were blatantly wrong

Difference between 2 and 3 = 203 points (717 vs 514)

Our 3rd at 67 = 74

Our 4th at 111 = 28

3rd for next year (just use 70th pick for now) = 69

So it is 717 vs 685. Or we gained 203 and they gained 171.

Plus it seems you're projecting that these rookies are going to take off it seems. That is statistically flawed approach, especially already saying Jimmy is a franchise QB. Add in that Jimmy will get a big QB contract, likely making future FA deals a bit harder while we have Trubisky on a rookie salary for 5 years, and I think it was fine. If Trubisky develops into a solid franchise QB then the trade was a clear steal in our favor IMO. Pace has  added 2 solid RBs in the draft, a TE with a ton of potential, Hicks, Floyd, DT, Jackson, Meredith, Whiterhair, Trubisky, etc. we aren't the Eagles, but with the garbage he took over while still having Fox eating paint on the sideline he has done pretty well overall (and I say that  while hating the Glennon and Cooper signings as soon as they happened). Lynch walked into a MUCH better situation, and that isn't even debatable.

Yeah I have to agree the niners are not better off than us. Solomon thomas looks like just a guy.

They have no real weapons and Jimmy looked good Bc nobody has enough tape on him. Let’s see him play the rest of the season.

also his massive contract will make it hard to do other things.

9 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Yeah I have to agree the niners are not better off than us. Solomon thomas looks like just a guy.

They have no real weapons and Jimmy looked good Bc nobody has enough tape on him. Let’s see him play the rest of the season.

also his massive contract will make it hard to do other things.

They are better off than the Bears because they are only 1 year into their rebuild.

They also appear to have found their QB and their HC, the Bears have question marks at both spots.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

So no then. We won’t be moving past it. We’re going to keep on beating that dead horse. Great. Grand. Awesome.

We are going to have like $90M in cap space after trimming all of the obvious fat this offseason (Glennon himself, Wheaton, Cooper, Freeman, McPhee and/or Young, probably Sims and maybe Sitton and Demps) and the likelihood we could spend all of that without at least some being used toward one-year longer shot type contracts similar to that given to Wheaton this past offseason is pretty low, even if we are overpaying for a few top guys. We don’t have any big extensions to hand out with exception of probably Goldman. O’Donnell won’t break the bank at all. Fuller isn’t worth the tag IMO and even if we do tag him, extend Goldman and O’Donnell we should still have upwards of $50M in cap space going into FA in March. The Glennon contract reducing our carry over cap space will not be prohibitive to our ability to do anything at all, same as it didn’t limit us financially from doing anything this past offseason. 

But let’s keep dwelling on it. While we’re at it let’s keep lamenting that we don’t have Vic Beasley or Aaron Donald too. That’s just as productive. 

More like 70 million, which will have is barely into the top 10 of available cap space. There is an incredible amount of money.

For a team that is going to need to over pay to lure free agents every dollar counts.

Your welcome to move past it. But discussing the mistakes that out GM has made moving into the offseason seems relevant. Even more relevant considering the importance that free agency is going to play this offseason.

Odd to me that you would click on a "people should be fired thread", and get upset about talking about reasons people should be fired?

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Well I would because LaFleur has had as much if not more success that DeFillippo.

It depends on what you want to measure.

Both have an impressive QB resume. DeFillipo has some modest play calling experience, LaFleur has none. But to me LaFleur has worked with more impressive coaches.

I think both should be interviewed. I think both have what the Bears are looking for and both have a ton of unknown and risk.

It may really come down to who is willing to take the job.

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It depends on what you want to measure.

Both have an impressive QB resume. DeFillipo has some modest play calling experience, LaFleur has none. But to me LaFleur has worked with more impressive coaches.

I think both should be interviewed. I think both have what the Bears are looking for and both have a ton of unknown and risk.

It may really come down to who is willing to take the job.

I've read multiple players, coaches, and former players say that DeFilippo is going to be a future head coach. Derek Carr, Carson Palmer, Greg Knapp, Brian Baldinger, etc.

I don't know if anyone has said that about LaFleur. If you find a quote, Windy, please add it in your LaFleur piece.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I've read multiple players, coaches, and former players say that DeFilippo is going to be a future head coach. Derek Carr, Carson Palmer, Greg Knapp, Brian Baldinger, etc.

I don't know if anyone has said that about LaFleur. If you find a quote, Windy, please add it in your LaFleur piece.

I am not sure we should put a ton of weight into what people close to a candidate say.

I know Ben Allbright has talked about him being a hot candidate.

DeFillipo does have more press at this point.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure we should put a ton of weight into what people close to a candidate say.

I know Ben Allbright has talked about him being a hot candidate.

DeFillipo does have more press at this point.

What did Allbright say?

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I cannot remember what radio show it was today, but someone today said that he thinks that Matt Patricia is pretty high on the Bears list of interviews.

May have been The Score.

I think we can’t rule out a defensive coach. Patricia would a great hire 

Archived