Team Needs

Maxmw22

What do we think are our biggest needs? I know the obvious when people say franchise QB, but with me, I am extremely disappointed in our pass rush and our LB Corp. I think any of the front 7 could use an upgrade, but mostly 4-3 DE. I think Hughes is a candidate for release.

IMO our needs in order:

4-3 DE

QB

MLB/OLB

DT

RT

#2 RB

what are yours?

4 minutes ago, Maxmw22 said:

What do we think are our biggest needs? I know the obvious when people say franchise QB, but with me, I am extremely disappointed in our pass rush and our LB Corp. I think any of the front 7 could use an upgrade, but mostly 4-3 DE. I think Hughes is a candidate for release.

IMO our needs in order:

4-3 DE

QB

MLB/OLB

DT

RT

#2 RB

what are yours?

In order

OLB (need 2)

DT

Flanker

QB

Right side of line

#2RB

LB - We need 2 next draft at very least. I don't see Preston Brown or Lorenzo Alexander being here next year

DE - Our pass rush is awful

QB - I'm liking Lamar Jackson with our first pick

OL - Need talent and depth across the board

DT - Kyle Williams stays for 1 more season in McDermotts system

Earlier this season I was saying that there are so many legit needs that we will need 2 drafts to address them, Since then it hit me that even more needs will be arising during that time that it will likely take 3 -4 drafts to truly stabilize our team. Here's my hit list for this year:

QB - Aside from the obvious skills desired at the position, I'd add that I'm not interested in another Tyrod-like QB, with running skills and/or 210 or less weight. Duel threat QB's always seem like they are mediocre IMO. It just seems that they never learned to perform under pressure, because they always had an ability to escape.  Find me a poised leader and someone who can accurately make all the throws and then if he happens to be mobile, call that a plus. Having a duel threat QB is not something I would seek out though. Height matters to me as well, as it is the exception that a QB like the Seahawks' Wilson  is successful in the league. Prefer 6'5" or under too for added agility and less chance of a slow wind-up.

LBers - Any...they all can use/need an upgrade. I'd probably put the initial emphasis on a MLB who can cover, read, and tackle. Going to need time to develop. As BillsGuy82 said, 2 would be wise

OL - Highest priority on G's & T's. I think we could wait one more year for an early-mid round C. Want replacements early to learn the system and have more time to gel.

DL - Needs coming sooner than later inside and would like to see 1 heavier option starting on the outside. That DE would need to be tough vs. the run and still be able to rush the QB.

DB - Lean toward CB this year unless a quality S fell into our lap. Again, need for time to develop is important.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I believe this could happen, but I am wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if the Bills traded one of their 1st round picks to the 49ers for Garoppolo in the off-season?

The 49ers may be willing to do so because they only traded a 2nd for him and would be in prime position to grab their guy for the future who would be a lot cheaper while they try to rebuild the entire team. 

Buffalo gets a guy (who in this scenario is proven in enough games) is only 26 years old and they'd still have almost all of their draft capital. 

Just curious what people's reactions would be. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not that I believe this could happen, but I am wondering what everyone's thoughts would be if the Bills traded one of their 1st round picks to the 49ers for Garoppolo in the off-season?

The 49ers may be willing to do so because they only traded a 2nd for him and would be in prime position to grab their guy for the future who would be a lot cheaper while they try to rebuild the entire team. 

Buffalo gets a guy (who in this scenario is proven in enough games) is only 26 years old and they'd still have almost all of their draft capital. 

Just curious what people's reactions would be. 

Garrappolo is technically an UFA after the season, that's why NE traded him, they couldn't afford to keep him. Almost no way SF doesn't resign him after trading a 2nd

Archived