Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

175 Millions guaranteed was really the true offer by the ravens according to Adam Schefter

That's $175M for injury... again, a conditional. Still not the $200M gtd he was responding to.

Edited by typecast

4 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

175 Millions guaranteed was really the true offer by the ravens according to Adam Schefter

How is it that you all can't see that it is laughable to put $200M anywhere near the word guaranteed based on the above.

Take away whether Lamar deserves that or less than $133M or whatever else you want to change the subject to. Lamar correctly called out that the offer was $133M guaranteed.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

It could be 133 millions gtd minimun but the dead cap penalties would been huge if you trust Schefter in this video

I trust Schefter's reporting. 133M gtd is the deal that was offered. Everything else is based on conditionals and he doesn't go into the details of the structure in the offer. The dead cap penalties mean nothing because, as Schefter reported, the Ravens made the offer and are willing to accept the outcome if the conditionals became valid.

2 minutes ago, typecast said:

I trust Schefter's reporting. 133M gtd is the deal that was offered. Everything else is based on conditionals and he doesn't go into the details of the structure in the offer. The dead cap penalties mean nothing because, as Schefter reported, the Ravens made the offer and are willing to accept the outcome if the conditionals became valid.

I mean,70 millions of deap cap,this is huge.

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

How is it that you all can't see that it is laughable to put $200M anywhere near the word guaranteed based on the above.

I’m not laughing at Lamar correctly calling out the tweet 

I’m laughing at him turning down 3 years with $133M GTD + whatever the non-GTD dollars add up to

45 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Adam Schefter at the end of the video

I'm listening to the video again. Here is everything he said.

Well, listen. Lamar pointed out some facts that he felt was relevant to his situation, but here's the deal. This is something Chris Mortenson and I reported in September. Nothing new. We saw the contract back then, it was reviewed. And the contract included 133 million dollars guaranteed at signing. Fully guaranteed. Then, essentially, there was injury guarantees that brought it up to 175 million dollars guaranteed for injury. That's real. It was 168, there was another 7 million dollars that is accounted in a little later date (slurred at the end here, maybe wrong, not important though). It makes it 175 million dollars in guaranteed salary. Then, we mention this springing guarantee of basically 25 million dollars. It would have raised it from 175 to 200 million dollars if he was on the roster on the fifth day of the 2026 league year. So three years from now, if he's on the roster, he gets another 25. So that's not really guaranteed even though you're calling it a 200 million dollar springing guarantee. What is guaranteed is 133. What is guaranteed is 175. Because, essentially, for that 175 not to kick in, Baltimore would have to release him now and take a cap hit of 70 million dollars. They're not doing that. So, the deal that was offered to him, and these are just the facts from the contract, no spin, no nothing. 175. That was the real guarantee, with injury, that Lamar Jackson turned down.

The $70M in dead cap is a scenario he makes up and he doesn't even explain how he determines that number. Unless there is some clause in the contract or something in the CBA I'm unaware of, Lamar signing that contract then and being released now due to injuries would cause the Ravens to take upto the $175M hit. If he were released for skill, it would have been upto 133. If he's released in June, the Ravens could split the hit. But Schefter also realizes, whether the concern is non-life threatening injury or skill now, the Ravens wouldn't release him now.

What's hilarious is that he starts poking at the screen and says "What is guaranteed is 133. What is guaranteed is 175." Then at the end "175. That was the real guarantee, with injury".

Even Schefter is saying $200M is only possible if the contract is fully realized. "So three years from now, if he's on the roster, he gets another 25. So that's not really guaranteed even though you're calling it a 200 million dollar springing guarantee."

Edited by typecast

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’m not laughing at Lamar correctly calling out the tweet 

I’m laughing at him turning down 3 years with $133M GTD + whatever the non-GTD dollars add up to

Sure, different issue. 

That's not what we were all hehehehe-ing about the last couples pages of this thread.

The same 5 year $133M guaranteed $250ish max offer has been brought up for almost a year now and keeps getting news cycles like it is new information. Maybe that's the best offer from the Ravens and no one else is going to attempt to top that. Lamar can talk to teams and see that for himself now.

Edited by wackywabbit

2 hours ago, typecast said:

Sure, he turned down $133M/3. I'm trying to figure out how he turned downed $200M gtd when he wasn't gtd $200M. That's what he was responding to. Not gonna lie, it's been funny reading you raven fans dump on Lamar but keep wanting him to sign on a cheap deal. Would be hilarious if he got sign-and-traded for a 2024 day 2 pick.

Who is wanting him to sign on a cheap deal? 3/133 fully guaranteed with up to $200M in guaranteed money is absolutely not a cheap deal. Every offer that's been leaked has had FAR MORE guaranteed money than Kyler or Russ, who are the most recent major QB extensions.

The Ravens are trying to make him the highest paid QB but because it's not like 5/250 fully guaranteed he won't say yes. It's childish and delusional especially for a QB coming off of 2 mediocre seasons that he didn't even finish because of injuries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Your statement was that the Jags were looking down on the Ravens based on the standings, though. You can rephrase your original retort to amend this error. 

Well technically we were looking down on the AFC South division champions in the standings.

Had we gotten to that legendary coin flip though....