Ravens place tag on QB Lamar Jackson; Jackson requests trade (Page 52)

RaidersAreOne

Does a team need to hold two firsts? Can a team trade down, then agree to a deal with Lamar? Like could Indy take pick four and make it a bunch of late firsts and offer Lamar a billion over 20 years with few guarantees or something insane?

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

What is the difference between the non exclusive tag and the transition tag? Just the one year salary?

The cap number is different (transition tag is top 10 average contract) and you don't get any compensation if you don't match the contract offered by someone else. On the non exclusive franchise tag, if Baltimore doesn't match, the Ravens get two first round picks. 

5 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

What is the difference between the non exclusive tag and the transition tag? Just the one year salary?

He can negotiate with other teams but when he agrees Ravens get a chance to match and if they decline the other team has to fork up 2 first round picks. Transition you just get to match but declining get you nothing.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Is there a deadline for another team to negotiate a deal with Lamar?

I would assume that it's the same as the regular deadline for a franchised player to negotiate a deal with a player. I think that's like july 

• Like 1

Just now, Justone2 said:

He can negotiate with other teams but when he agrees Ravens get a chance to match and if they decline the other team has to fork up 2 first round picks.

I feel like if the Ravens wanted to outright trade him, they'd be able to get more than 2 1sts for him?  Seems odd.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The cap number is different (transition tag is top 10 average contract) and you don't get any compensation if you don't match the contract offered by someone else. On the non exclusive franchise tag, if Baltimore doesn't match, the Ravens get two first round picks. 

Ahh thought that the transition tag is when you get the picks.