An Argument Could be Made: LaMar Jackson

Raidersfan1

You kind of skirt the rules with the 32nd pick being in the 2nd round. Then with the 49th pick and 81st pick you could add value. Or. Check this... check this.... A slight trade off of 32 for like a 3rd and a 5th and you could be looking at something like:

LaMar Jackson

39th - Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State 

49th - Julius Brents CB Kansas State

81st - Nick "Squash" Herbig LB Wisconsin

100 - Demario Douglas WR Liberty

118 - Braeden Daniels G Utah

145 - Tyler Lacy DE Oklahoma State

7 - Quindell Johnson S Memphis

7 - Mark Evans OL Arkansas Pine Bluff

Pittsburgh is willing to give up 17th overall and their 2024 1st to get LaMar Jackson and then they have to pay him.

Cash Flows

Signing Bonus: $108m

YR 2 Roster Bonus: $32m

Per Game Active Bonus: $165k @ 85 games = $14,025,000

Salaries: 24m, 27m, 31m, 35m, 37.5m

Incentives: 60% playing time - $1m

70% playing time - $2m

80% playing time - $3m 

60% w/ playoffs - $3m

70% w/ playoffs - $5m

80% w/playoffs - $8m

MVP - $2,500,000

1st team All-Pro - $1,000,000

Division Title - $250,000

OFFER SHEET

5 years, $308,525,000 ($108m guaranteed)

2023 cap hit: $47m 

Even if I were on board with this, the Ravens would 100% match any offer we made.   Ravens will likely only not match an offer if an NFC team with a top 10 pick tries to sign him, and pretty much all of those teams said they arent interested.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 43M said:

Even if I were on board with this, the Ravens would 100% match any offer we made.   Ravens will likely only not match an offer if an NFC team with a top 10 pick tries to sign him, and pretty much all of those teams said they arent interested.

That could have had the makings for a "who blinks first" contest. "We will offer 3 1st rd pix and..."

• Like 1

KP is better in clutch moments  but won't have the spectacular plays running or throwing on the run like Lamar.  I am set with KP, the next decade looks promising depending on how the FO does. 

Lamar could get trade interest become a reality. If a team offers 2 firsts, then the Ravens draft Richardson, that might be decent for the ravens. Suppose they got Richardson with the RD1 pick but have another or perhaps 2 RD1 picks, and then they can trade down and get picks. It could work out for the Ravens actually, it might seem unethical to many but from their sold business model approach, it could work.

The owners are sticking together,  but browns are ostracized 

MjJmYjRmLmpwZw

Edited by 3rivers

can it happen where Lamar is traded but doesn't get the deal he wants, but still has to play on the 1 year deal under the tag?  If he wants total guarantee, it's going to be a battle on his part. It has to be stressful for him too, maybe he will cave and accept only getting 45M apy ^_^

The part with the 3 RD1 picks is  that if Lamar got hurt and the team he went to ended near bottom of the league, the Ravens could keep trading down and pooling picks. It won't be Hershel Walker.2 but it could be substantial if the team has a bad season. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

can it happen where Lamar is traded but doesn't get the deal he wants, but still has to play on the 1 year deal under the tag?  If he wants total guarantee, it's going to be a battle on his part. It has to be stressful for him too, maybe he will cave and accept only getting 45M apy ^_^

The part with the 3 RD1 picks is  that if Lamar got hurt and the team he went to ended near bottom of the league, the Ravens could keep trading down and pooling picks. It won't be Hershel Walker.2 but it could be substantial if the team has a bad season. 

No team is trading for him without working a deal out first before the trade happens. A team isn’t going to give up 2 1st just to have him hit FA at the end of the year 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Anyone saying Kenny Pickett is more clutch than Lamar Jackson needs to get some sleep as they've became delusional. It isn't even close to being close.

he was clutch in a few games. Lamar, well we have his number it seems.  I don't buy into the Lamar hype as a whole but he makes some pylons out of defenders about as often and as good as anyone.  I had sleep when I typed that, was remembering the TD pass to Najee vs ravens :D . It's a start anyways, lets be nice

14 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Anyone saying Kenny Pickett is more clutch than Lamar Jackson needs to get some sleep as they've became delusional. It isn't even close to being close.

I think its too early to say anything either way.   Kenny had some decent moments this past season in clutch moments (Ravens, Raiders), but Steeler fans are kind of overrating his clutchness.  People were saying he had like 6 or 7 game winning drives, but they were counting things like the offense scoring at the end of the 3rd quarter and that being the winning score, which is really reaching IMO.   

That being said, I dont consider Jackson clutch either.   Dude has choked numerous times in big games late in the season and playoffs.   Id take him over Kenny easily straight up....but not at $50m a year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

That being said, I dont consider Jackson clutch either.   Dude has choked numerous times in big games late in the season and playoffs.   Id take him over Kenny easily straight up....but not at $50m a year.

I wasn't hating on Lamar but the bold was where I was at in this comment.  I liked how KP rallied the team for the winning drivers especially in baltimore. Remember, KP has probably one of the worst OC's and was a rookie, so lets consider that.