Your Team is Granted 1 Wish....

Hunter2_1

Which of these would you pick?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL gods have granted your team just one wish, which is carried through the entire regular season. Which of these do you go for.....

• You take out one division rival; they go 4-12 on the season
    • Your QB cannot throw an interception; the defender always spills it
    • You can choose the weather for every game
    • Your team is granted 5 Timeouts per half
    • Your kicker never misses from anywhere inside 60 yards
    • Every punt ends up behind the opposition's 5 yard line (that includes punts from your own EZ)
    • You can channel the noise of three full stadiums whilst the opposition offense is on the field
    • Head start; you start the season 5-0
    • One player is granted injury immunity

On 11/28/2017 at 1:36 PM, RuralBill said:

Even then, the headset is just for the QB. HOw's he going to relay it to every other player who's not wearing a headset and can't hear? To give more context on how much noise that would be, the average stadium is 90 decibels, the record is 142 by the Chiefs. So this hypothetical stadium could reach 426 decibels. Eardums rupture around 150.

If we ignore eardrums rupturing, then yeah, I'm convinced that's considerably the best option. 

Yea but wouldnt both teams be rendered useless by this?

• 2 weeks later...

No interceptions would be like cheat mode with Big Game Bobby Bortles.  And that Jaguars defense...pretty much guarantee you win the turnover battle every single Sunday.  Which is frankly, one of the absolute biggest factors in winning games in today's NFL.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:05 PM, Danger said:

I have to learn you all real quick....

Amplitude Ratio is logarithmic with a 20 dB increase being 10 times as loud. 3 times as loud is only an increase of 9.5 dB. So even if you multiply the loudest crowd ever recorded for a single instant, you're only at about 151.7 decibels. 

Average is only between 80-90 dB. Still crazy to think that Arrowhead stadium was able to achieve noise levels about 400-1000 times the average noise level.

85dB Beginning of hearing damage range, earplugs should be worn

141dB Nausea felt after a few minutes

152dB Vibration is painful and felt in joints

153dB Throat vibrating so hard it is impossible to swallow

248dB Atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan

Yeah.  I was gonna say...

But you did a substantially more thorough job of explaining that than i would've done.

Also, it is of marginal value either way tbh.  Loud stadiums are loud and beyond a certain point...probably not all that useful.  And even the insane literal murdering volume level falsely presumed as 3x as loud seems detrimental to pretty much everyone anyway.

Archived