Your Team is Granted 1 Wish....

Hunter2_1

Which of these would you pick?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL gods have granted your team just one wish, which is carried through the entire regular season. Which of these do you go for.....

• You take out one division rival; they go 4-12 on the season
    • Your QB cannot throw an interception; the defender always spills it
    • You can choose the weather for every game
    • Your team is granted 5 Timeouts per half
    • Your kicker never misses from anywhere inside 60 yards
    • Every punt ends up behind the opposition's 5 yard line (that includes punts from your own EZ)
    • You can channel the noise of three full stadiums whilst the opposition offense is on the field
    • Head start; you start the season 5-0
    • One player is granted injury immunity

10 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Automatic kicker is obvious and I don't see how anybody can argue against it outside of not wanting to pick the OP option. If the Browns kicker always made a FG you could take all 56 of their punts this year and change them to 3 points each and they would end up with the second highest scoring offense in the league with 334 points.

The 2013 Broncos would have averaged over 50 points per game if every single one of their punts was converted into a field goal instead.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64441086/nfl-statistical-analysis-average-nfl-game according to this the average team gets 12 possessions  and about 1 to 2 turnovers per game so this means you are basically averaging 30+ points per game just from your kicker alone.

Going into a game knowing full well that your kicker will never miss (and with the wording of the bonus you can carry a backup kicker just in case of injury), I see it very hard to not go undefeated even with the most incompetent coaching staff/least talented roster of all time.

I meant that any kicks they normally take wouldn't miss. So they still have to be within their normal kicking range, but they just wouldn't miss. So, instead of 85% average, it would be 100% but from the same kicks. Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

Changing the poll options so much and so late ruins the poll. Most people who voted for "kicker never misses" probably thought like I did where it's an extra 150-200 points a season but if we are only talking normal range kicks then the punt option or the no injury option for QB become your best bet.

31 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Changing the poll options so much and so late ruins the poll. Most people who voted for "kicker never misses" probably thought like I did where it's an extra 150-200 points a season but if we are only talking normal range kicks then the punt option or the no injury option for QB become your best bet.

It was always that, I never changed it. Some people just interpreted it differently. 

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

It most certainly did not say "from anywhere inside 60 yards" yesterday when I looked at the poll.

No, but it means the same thing. I never said "from anywhere", so to avoid further confusion I added the yardage. It was always from normal kicking range, but I obviously didn't make it clear enough.

34 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No, but it means the same thing. I never said "from anywhere", so to avoid further confusion I added the yardage. It was always from normal kicking range, but I obviously didn't make it clear enough.

My point is that I think most people interpreted it the same way I did, so if you want this poll to have any actual value at what people really think, you would have to repost it, because I don't see a way to change your vote.

26 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

My point is that I think most people interpreted it the same way I did, so if you want this poll to have any actual value at what people really think, you would have to repost it, because I don't see a way to change your vote.

Are you seriously getting this hooked up on a little fun poll? You're done.

Au revoir Shoshanna. 

Archived