Your Team is Granted 1 Wish....

Hunter2_1

Which of these would you pick?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL gods have granted your team just one wish, which is carried through the entire regular season. Which of these do you go for.....

• You take out one division rival; they go 4-12 on the season
    • Your QB cannot throw an interception; the defender always spills it
    • You can choose the weather for every game
    • Your team is granted 5 Timeouts per half
    • Your kicker never misses from anywhere inside 60 yards
    • Every punt ends up behind the opposition's 5 yard line (that includes punts from your own EZ)
    • You can channel the noise of three full stadiums whilst the opposition offense is on the field
    • Head start; you start the season 5-0
    • One player is granted injury immunity

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

If the first option doesn't win this in a landslide I'll eat my hat.

For your team, it's absolutey the pick. Think of someone like Buffalo though - they should be taking a divison rival out. Or a team like Cleveland - get the 5-0 head start. 

Anyway, i've pumped up a few options to make it more even. Some OP ones toward the bottom...

17 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

A full season of Watt, Mercilius and Watson...so beautiful.

It's got to be the pick for a Texans fan, given your recent key injuries. Imagine starting the season though, knowing either that Watson won't throw a pick (so he could absolutely light the place up....bomb bomb bomb) or that Watt, Clowney and Merc will be operating within the 10 yard zone to start every drive. Mmmm. 

Initially wanted to go with injuries. The Pats are running on full steam offensively and they’re missing some key players, so getting them back would make them crazy good. 

But the auto-3 points is too good to pass up. Never punt again and every drive ends in points. Last year’s Detroit Lions averaged the worst number of drives per game at 9.8. That means even if they never scored a touch down, they’re scoring 29 points a game. Or even if you wanted to take out a couple drives for turnovers, you’re still on the 23-26 point range without a touchdown. One touchdown puts you over 30 PPG. 

How would an offense work if they couldn't hear a single thing (assuming the three stadium option means you simply multiply the average decimal rating of 90 to 270)? Getting a play from the sideline to the huddle would be insanely difficult; forget about no-huddling. Your defense can just use signals. 

That's a really underrated option.

1 minute ago, RuralBill said:

How would an offense work if they couldn't hear a single thing (assuming the three stadium option means you simply multiply the average decimal rating of 90 to 270)? Getting a play from the sideline to the huddle would be insanely difficult; forget about no-huddling. Your defense can just use signals. 

That's a really underrated option.

I guess there's the headset, but yeah, it would be a nightmare trying to operate an offense. The amount of false starts or tipping off the snap would be amazing as well.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I guess there's the headset, but yeah, it would be a nightmare trying to operate an offense. The amount of false starts or tipping off the snap would be amazing as well.

Even then, the headset is just for the QB. HOw's he going to relay it to every other player who's not wearing a headset and can't hear? To give more context on how much noise that would be, the average stadium is 90 decibels, the record is 142 by the Chiefs. So this hypothetical stadium could reach 426 decibels. Eardums rupture around 150.

If we ignore eardrums rupturing, then yeah, I'm convinced that's considerably the best option. 

Archived