Your Team is Granted 1 Wish....

Hunter2_1

Which of these would you pick?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. The NFL gods have granted your team just one wish, which is carried through the entire regular season. Which of these do you go for.....

• You take out one division rival; they go 4-12 on the season
    • Your QB cannot throw an interception; the defender always spills it
    • You can choose the weather for every game
    • Your team is granted 5 Timeouts per half
    • Your kicker never misses from anywhere inside 60 yards
    • Every punt ends up behind the opposition's 5 yard line (that includes punts from your own EZ)
    • You can channel the noise of three full stadiums whilst the opposition offense is on the field
    • Head start; you start the season 5-0
    • One player is granted injury immunity

On 11/28/2017 at 12:36 PM, RuralBill said:

Even then, the headset is just for the QB. HOw's he going to relay it to every other player who's not wearing a headset and can't hear? To give more context on how much noise that would be, the average stadium is 90 decibels, the record is 142 by the Chiefs. So this hypothetical stadium could reach 426 decibels. Eardums rupture around 150.

Raising my hand on this...

426 decibels would probably lead to some significant neurological damage to anyone on the field at that moment - up to and including death. If you managed to survive, you'd probably have some long lasting brain damage to consider.

I wouldn't wish this death on anyone. Incredibly painful, death by sonic booms...

Edit: some fun reading. 202db is death from sound wave shock. At 426db, you're exceeding the sound generated by the nuclear explosions at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

http://www.decibelcar.com/menugeneric/87.html

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Raising my hand on this...

426 decibels would probably lead to some significant neurological damage to anyone on the field at that moment - up to and including death. If you managed to survive, you'd probably have some long lasting brain damage to consider.

I wouldn't wish this death on anyone. Incredibly painful, death by sonic booms...

Edit: some fun reading. 202db is death from sound wave shock. At 426db, you're exceeding the sound generated by the nuclear explosions at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

http://www.decibelcar.com/menugeneric/87.html

I have to learn you all real quick....

The loudest crowd roar at a sports stadium is 142.2 dbA and was achieved by fans of the Kansas City Chiefs (USA), at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri, USA, on 29 September 2014. The roar was recorded with 8 seconds remaining in the first quarter.

Amplitude Ratio is logarithmic with a 20 dB increase being 10 times as loud. 3 times as loud is only an increase of 9.5 dB. So even if you multiply the loudest crowd ever recorded for a single instant, you're only at about 151.7 decibels. 

Average is only between 80-90 dB. Still crazy to think that Arrowhead stadium was able to achieve noise levels about 400-1000 times the average noise level.

85dB Beginning of hearing damage range, earplugs should be worn

141dB Nausea felt after a few minutes

152dB Vibration is painful and felt in joints

153dB Throat vibrating so hard it is impossible to swallow

248dB Atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Amplitude Ratio is logarithmic with a 20 dB increase being 10 times as loud. 3 times as loud is only an increase of 9.5 dB. 

I didn't know that, clearly. I still like the idea of the stadium being so loud that someone's head would spontaneously explode.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

I didn't know that, clearly. I still like the idea of the stadium being so loud that someone's head would spontaneously explode.

It's ok, it's what you have me for. Sound waves, and electronic waves work pretty similarly and I've had to work with a variety of speakers on various projects at Penn State. 

195dB Human eardrums rupture

I guess you could call this "exploding"

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's ok, it's what you have me for. Sound waves, and electronic waves work pretty similarly and I've had to work with a variety of speakers on various projects at Penn State. 

195dB Human eardrums rupture

I guess you could call this "exploding"

I'm thinking like that guy from Scanners, when his head just exploded:

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I'm thinking like that guy from Scanners, when his head just exploded:

1238157980_scanners_-_head_explosion.gif

https://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-11/acoustic-weapons-book-excerpt#page-2

You would probably have to use something on the order of a 240 dB source to get the head to resonate destructively

Now I don't think that necessarily means something as depicted in that famous gif, but it'd be able to ruin someone's day... or life.

For context, that's comparable to smaller atomic bombs, close to the epicenter of the explosion. 

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I meant that any kicks they normally take wouldn't miss. So they still have to be within their normal kicking range, but they just wouldn't miss. So, instead of 85% average, it would be 100% but from the same kicks. Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

That’s what I assumed and was the reason I went with the punts. If the FGs were from infinite range I’d probably go with the FGs. But hesitantly because I still consider field goals a failure to score a TD. And pinning your opponent inside their 5 gives you good opportunities to score TDs

Archived