Pats Trade Jonnu Smith to Falcons

m haynes

13 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Give me Kincaid or Sam Laporta. This draft has a good amount of athletic TEs. To me, it's a big win to shed this contract. Frees up a little cap space this year, but even more the following.

I loved Kincaid all season, but he's too small. They aren't going to be interested in him I don't think. That and he likely goes in the 20's. 

• Like 1

Does anyone else find TEs the most underwhelming or anti-climatic position in football?

As in, I've lost count of the number of "Baby Gronks" coming out. Freiermuth was one. What I read about Pat Friermuth I was practically begging that BB took him. Then he drops a bit, and Steelers get him, and he's....fine? Can barely notice him

Kyle Pitts - "the most athletic player ever!" - He sucks

TJ Hockenson - Another baby Gronk. Decent?....he's pretty good?

Njoku, Engram, OJ Howard - "Wow! He's going to make one offensive coordinator so happy!" - They're meh

Maybe Gronk and Kelce have just warped our view of what a TE should be? 

Washington and Kuntz and Mayer etc are going to be the same. They'll be fine. You might notice them a few times a game

Maybe

10 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does anyone else find TEs the most underwhelming or anti-climatic position in football?

As in, I've lost count of the number of "Baby Gronks" coming out. Freiermuth was one. What I read about Pat Friermuth I was practically begging that BB took him. Then he drops a bit, and Steelers get him, and he's....fine? Can barely notice him

Kyle Pitts - "the most athletic player ever!" - He sucks

TJ Hockenson - Another baby Gronk. Decent?....he's pretty good?

Njoku, Engram, OJ Howard - "Wow! He's going to make one offensive coordinator so happy!" - They're meh

Maybe Gronk and Kelce have just warped our view of what a TE should be? 

Washington and Kuntz and Mayer etc are going to be the same. They'll be fine. You might notice them a few times a game

Maybe

1st   We are spoiled at two positions QB and TE.   No one will excite you at these positions, they will never measure up.   You have to fight the feeling!!!!!😁

They guys you mentioned did not live up to the hype when they were drafted however they are good players. Hock Freiermuth.  The others not so much.

I don't see a TE in the 1st round but I'm sure at least 2 will be picked . My target from day one is Laporta but he screwed it up destroying the combine.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-laporta/32004c41-5064-0235-3970-b5e5514839fc

4.59-second 40-yard dash, 3-Cone (6.91)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Freiermuth

difference being freiermuth wasnt an exceptional in size, athleticism or blocking, just on the higher end of the spectrum than the average tight end. he is a legit tight end but Washington is an elite mismatch in terms of blocking and size plus his hands are fantastic

43 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Kuntz and Mayer etc are going to be the same. They'll be fine. You might notice them a few times a game

I think Mayer yes. you'll get more tight ends than usual in this draft that are developmental guys athletically who end up being like Dallas Goedert or TJ Hockenson. But you could get some Dallas Clark type production from some others in the draft like LaPorta and Kincaid. Washington is like Gronk in a lot of ways though. you dont look at him and expect that production in the pass game but you should expect the same blocking impact and same impact in terms of mismatches with the way that affects the field/defense

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’ve seen Kincaid mocked sooooo early. Like top 15

Who's doing the mocking. Most of them are like sheep they follow the Bucky's of the world !!!!   Some have moved Richardson up into the top 4 because he throws it 100 miles and he jumps small buildings. Funny the week before they had him all over the board.

Based on what I read his game doesn't fit the Pats offense. Blocking is a big issue.  This is not the year to pick him with his skill set. He's to advanced for BB. Also to many good ones that can block and catch.

Now if he falls to the 2nd Rd you would jump at the chance.

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

Who's doing the mocking. Most of them are like sheep they follow the Bucky's of the world !!!!   Some have moved Richardson up into the top 4 because he throws it 100 miles and he jumps small buildings. Funny the week before they had him all over the board.

Based on what I read his game doesn't fit the Pats offense. Blocking is a big issue.  This is not the year to pick him with his skill set. He's to advanced for BB. Also to many good ones that can block and catch.

Now if he falls to the 2nd Rd you would jump at the chance.

In general, this year's mocking has annoyed the ish out of me. These QBs...the way they're being spoken about. Like Young is the next coming of Brees or something. I wouldn't touch Richardson with anyones draft pick, let alone our own. He's a BUST! He's a clear headless chicken in waiting. But he's a top 5 prospect this year now.....right

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I think Mayer yes. you'll get more tight ends than usual in this draft that are developmental guys athletically who end up being like Dallas Goedert or TJ Hockenson. But you could get some Dallas Clark type production from some others in the draft like LaPorta and Kincaid. Washington is like Gronk in a lot of ways though. you dont look at him and expect that production in the pass game but you should expect the same blocking impact and same impact in terms of mismatches with the way that affects the field/defense

What you saying about Schoonmaker?

Looks massive! 6'6 and 250 (baby Gronk), NE guy too, from Conn.

Edited by Hunter2_1