The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

He had a really bad outing tonight. But he’s had a really solid year. Definitely worth the contract he got. 

Problem is, his home/road splits are horrendous. If they bring him back, they can only throw him at Busch. Can't commit to that...

Like @ttitansfan4life said, it's time to drop the sentimental connection and move on. They're are better options out there...

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just an amazing season by Jack Flaherty.  The clear ace of the rotation.

Havent seen anything yet, but he only threw what, 69 pitches yesterday? Any chance we throw him Game 1 on Thursday? Its one day short of regular rest.

Or do you throw Dakoda/Miles game one and let Flaherty have Game 2 and set up for Game 5 if needed on regular rest

I think you go 

1. D. Hudson
  2. J. Flaherty
  3. M. Mikolas
  4. D. Hudson (short rest, Waino on the ready to take over at home)
  5. J. Flaherty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Havent seen anything yet, but he only threw what, 69 pitches yesterday? Any chance we throw him Game 1 on Thursday? Its one day short of regular rest.

Or do you throw Dakoda/Miles game one and let Flaherty have Game 2 and set up for Game 5 if needed on regular rest

I think you go 

1. D. Hudson
  2. J. Flaherty
  3. M. Mikolas
  4. D. Hudson (short rest, Waino on the ready to take over at home)
  5. J. Flaherty

I think they asked Schidlt about this yesterday in presser. Schildt said they're penciling him in for game 2...

I think Mikolas gets ball in game 1...

58 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think Mikolas gets ball in game 1...

Its obviously 1 of the 2, I think I just like what Hudson is doing recently more. And I think having Waino lined up to be the quick hook replacement in Game 4, it would be easier to pull Hudson earlier than it would Mikolas who would want to tough it out.