The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Also, MLB.com apparently has updated their rankings for 2020.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2020/cardinals/

1.) OF Dylan Carlson
2.) 3B Nolan Gorman
3.) LHP Matthew Liberatore
4.) C Ivan Herrera
5.) RHP Zack Thompson
6.) C Andrew Knizner
7.) 3B Elehuris Montero
8.) OF Jhon Torres
9.) LHP Genesis Cabrera
10.) RHP Junior Fernandez

Nothing too crazy there.  Delvin Perez has unfortunately fall off the list all together.

30 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Who is he going to play over? Seriously? What a joke

Everyone knew the spot in Right was going to be Dexters. He could hit .000 this Spring, which he’s pretty much doing and he’d still win the Starting job. It’s frustrating but it is what it is, Contracts play all throughout baseball. 

I’m as big of a Dylan Carlson fan as anyone. It’s been awhile since I’ve been this excited about a hitting prospect, but the only way he was going to make the team is if either someone in your starting 3 got hurt or O’Neil and Thomas stunk it up during Spring Training, neither of which has happened. Those two (O’Neil and Thomas) have actually looked pretty good this Spring. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Also, MLB.com apparently has updated their rankings for 2020.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2020/cardinals/

1.) OF Dylan Carlson
2.) 3B Nolan Gorman
3.) LHP Matthew Liberatore
4.) C Ivan Herrera
5.) RHP Zack Thompson
6.) C Andrew Knizner
7.) 3B Elehuris Montero
8.) OF Jhon Torres
9.) LHP Genesis Cabrera
10.) RHP Junior Fernandez

Nothing too crazy there.  Delvin Perez has unfortunately fall off the list all together.

Looks about right, although I'd still flip flop Knizer and Herrera at this point. Knizer has done nothing to drop, he just can't get ABs... 

Delvin Perez is a lost cause...

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Carlson needs to go down. It's smart. He's looked great all spring, but selfishly I want that extra year of control because he's going to be good...

That extra year of control thing is overrated IMO. If Carlson is good, the Front office will try and lock him up long before he hits free agency. 

59 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So you’re comfortable just throwing garbage out there on the current team? Makes sense

Nope. I've been sceptical all offseason of the internal options and I still am over a 162 game schedule, but most of them are on track/hitting this spring. I'm willing to give them 6-8 weeks to show themselves...

Carlson only has to stay in minors for 2.5 weeks...

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

That extra year of control thing is overrated IMO. If Carlson is good, the Front office will try and lock him up long before he hits free agency. 

What if he doesn't want to sign 'comfort deal' the FO would offer to buy out his arb years and potentially a year or so of FA? It becomes extremely valuable then. Your talking about getting another year of a player in his prime years...