The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

Cardinals had the (2) lowest attendance numbers for series' to open the year at Busch of Mozelaik era. They averaged under 31K/game.

Seems like the fans are finally growing a sack and tlling the FO/ownership they're growing tired of the mediocrity they've  become complacent with. 

4 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Cardinals had the (2) lowest attendance numbers for series' to open the year at Busch of Mozelaik era. They averaged under 31K/game.

Seems like the fans are finally growing a sack and tlling the FO/ownership they're growing tired of the mediocrity they've  become complacent with. 

Good!!! Those clowns deserve it. DeWitt doesn’t want to spend and I’m not sure what the hell Mo and his lackey are doing.

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's time to move Goldy out of the #2 spot in the order for a bit. He's been brutal thus far. 

At least the FO didn't give him an extension heading into the season. 

I know it's hindsight, but trading him in the off-season would have been a really good idea. 

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know it's hindsight, but trading him in the off-season would have been a really good idea. 

I think it would've been a hard thing to sell to the fanbase. Remember, we were all expecting this FO to significantly upgrade the rotation and they had all the peices in place on offense already. 

I think Goldy will come around, he's been anotorious slow starter thoughout his career, but they need to be adaptive and not just keep hitting him in the (2) hole when there are better options right now. 

I don't think he's an extension candidate to me though unless he just rakes the all the way through September. I've seen him enough over the last few years go silent the last month of the year and then carry it into the playoffs. I can't justify giving that a 'legacy' extention. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Herrera needs to be in the lineup everyday. Dude can hit.

He's been a real pleasant surprise. I didn't think he was this kind of hitter. I thought he was more of a defense first guy in the minors. 

6 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

This offense from top to bottom is putrid. I've never seen so many guys be in this prolonged of a slump at one time. 

And yet Oli blames the players. Obviously they deserve partial blame but if the entire offense is this bad, it starts with the man calling the shots. I really despise that man. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

And yet Oli blames the players. Obviously they deserve partial blame but if the entire offense is this bad, it starts with the man calling the shots. I really despise that man. 

I actually don't think it's an Oli issue. This has been going on for 12-18 months with most of this player group. 

it's been a recurring theme with guys ike Goldschmidt and Arenado, which can't happen. You can't pay these guys to be superstars and them not be for prolonged periods of time. 

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

I actually don't think it's an Oli issue. This has been going on for 12-18 months with most of this player group. 

it's been a recurring theme with guys ike Goldschmidt and Arenado, which can't happen. You can't pay these guys to be superstars and them not be for prolonged periods of time. 

He makes the lineups. He just finally moved Goldy out of the #2 spot, which I've been clamoring for since last year. Moving him down to 5 now is the right call, but he should've been in the 3 spot where he could drive guys in. You don't put a guy with 100 RBI potential there when we have plenty of other guys who fit that role better.

Also, when a fast guy like Scott continues to drive the ball in the air, it's up to him and the hitting coach to work with him on getting it on the ground more. This is a minor one but just another example of him being completely lost on how to manage his guys.

He's also the leader. When guys aren't hitting in a game, you know it's gonna be that way for the full game. They get down on themselves and there is no fight in the team, and that falls on him. 

Not to mention the couple dozen times already this year I've asked myself what is he doing real time, only to have it hurt us. Pitching to Contreras the other day was just one example. MIL walked our Contreras (who is producing but not at the level of theirs) and got out of the inning. Same scenario and we pitch to him, and surprise he hurts us.

He's not an MLB manager. Why we hired (and extended him) with his lack of proven experience beforehand still blows my mind.