Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

To hold up reporters for 2 hours waiting for a new signing interview that never happened has got to be one of the more unprofessional things I've seen an NFL organization do the last few years. Usually professionalism is as natural as walking for all NFL teams. Even us. This is weird.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

God doesn’t often give you an immediate chance at redemption. He blessed JMD / DZ with that opportunity. Cancel the deal and go get Rodgers.

The way these guys say one thing, do another wouldn’t be the least bit shocking.. if there was some medical 🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩 that gives them a way out but they are being super quiet about it and making calls to GB in the background, that would be a crazy twist of events.. the DA deal last year was announced out of nowhere as well, with no real whispers of convos going on other than the little tidbit here and there about Carr clamoring for DA.. if we could trade a 1st for him, I’d give it a shot even though we’d be shooting ourselves in the foot for next years draft with a possible winning record and no shot at Caleb.

For those Rodgers fans (I'm one of them, he was my absolute best hope this off-season) there's no way. Apparently (per insiders) we talked to GB but couldn't even come close on trade compensation. But more importantly Rodgers came out and said he want to play for the jets. It's a dead end, he's not an option for us at this point. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To hold up reporters for 2 hours waiting for a new signing interview that never happened has got to be one of the more unprofessional things I've seen an NFL organization do the last few years. Usually professionalism is as natural as walking for all NFL teams. Even us. This is weird.

I really can’t see it being anything other than a failed physical.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I really can’t see it being anything other than a failed physical.

That’s what I’m thinking. I can’t imagine it’s a contract thing because that was already agreed to and reviewed by both parties I’d assume. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

That’s what I’m thinking. I can’t imagine it’s a contract thing because that was already agreed to and reviewed by both parties I’d assume. 

Definitely. I can't see why either party would wait until today to negotiate details within the contract. Jimmy and Josh were both in good spirits this morning. It's probably a similar situation to what the Warriors just dealt with after they acquired GP2.

14 minutes ago, NickButera said:

For those Rodgers fans (I'm one of them, he was my absolute best hope this off-season) there's no way. Apparently (per insiders) we talked to GB but couldn't even come close on trade compensation. But more importantly Rodgers came out and said he want to play for the jets. It's a dead end, he's not an option for us at this point. 

You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. I can't see why either party would wait until today to negotiate details within the contract. Jimmy and Josh were both in good spirits this morning. It's probably a similar situation to what the Warriors just dealt with after they acquired GP2.

Would be some next level incompetence if either party tried to switch the contract around at this point. 

This probably why we haven’t used too much cap space yet

This is the problem with legal tampering period and the media announcing signings. Players couldn’t sign deals until today. The media jumps the shark and acts like players have signed already

Jimmy G probably didn’t pass the physical and the brass is deciding what to do. Whether have him sign a revised  deal or tear it up all together.

Possibly weighing the a Lamar Jackson run or a trade up to #3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

This probably why we haven’t used too much cap space yet

This is the problem with legal tampering period and the media announcing signings. Players couldn’t sign deals until today. The media jumps the shark and acts like players have signed already

Jimmy G probably didn’t pass the physical and the brass is deciding what to do. Whether have him sign a revised  deal or tear it up all together.

Possibly weighing the a Lamar Jackson run or a trade up to #3

There could easily be problems with Jimmy's foot, shoulder, and/or knee too. Dude has had so many serious injuries.

• Like 1