EF Fantasy Baseball (Year 11)

Eagles27

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Yo E, I'm gonna keep Devers over Cespedes por favor. 

Done

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I should be able to make a 4 oclock draft PST hopefully I dont have to work late that day 

Yeah, it'll be tight for me too so I bumped it back 15 minutes in case I get stuck in traffic or something. I think us 2 and @Meco are the only 3 living in the west so it should hopefully be fine for everybody else. 

1 hour ago, Eagles27 said:

Yahoo split him into 2 players. You can draft him as a pitcher or a hitter. 

that seems dumb. If he was worth both a hitter and pitcher I probably would have taken him at 2. but if they split him screw that. 

@Eagles27, we might need to find a solution to that because I could see Yahoo changing that next year. I'm just thinking of a scenario where someone drafts Ohtani as a pitcher and another person drafts Ohtani as a hitter. And then next year, Yahoo reworks their code to make it so that you can have just one Ohtani. If teams in our league wanted to keep him, that might create a potential issue. 

What do you think about making it so that the team that drafts Ohtani gets manually assigned the other one?

3 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

@Eagles27, we might need to find a solution to that because I could see Yahoo changing that next year. I'm just thinking of a scenario where someone drafts Ohtani as a pitcher and another person drafts Ohtani as a hitter. And then next year, Yahoo reworks their code to make it so that you can have just one Ohtani. If teams in our league wanted to keep him, that might create a potential issue. 

What do you think about making it so that the team that drafts Ohtani gets manually assigned the other one?

I doubt they change it. It's not like keeper leagues are uncommon, so they must have thought it through. 

3 hours ago, RollEagles said:

I looked it up and it seems like ESPN and CBS are handling Ohtani as one player. The way Yahoo is doing it makes me want to suggest that we think about changing sites...

Not based off one overrated player. Besides No other pitcher get credit for their at bats. Good or bad. Why should he be so special?

You view him as some Stud hitter, draft him as a hitter. A Stud pitcher, draft him as a pitcher.

What Yahoo is doing makes perfect sense. Otherwise count All pitchers at bats. Which let's face it, no one wants.

50 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Not based off one overrated player. Besides No other pitcher get credit for their at bats. Good or bad. Why should he be so special?

You view him as some Stud hitter, draft him as a hitter. A Stud pitcher, draft him as a pitcher.

What Yahoo is doing makes perfect sense. Otherwise count All pitchers at bats. Which let's face it, no one wants.

Agreed. Don't see a problem with it at all.

Plus I doubt he hits enough to be more than a bench bat in a 8 team league. Not a chance he has enough value as a hitter to warrant being a keeper when he is going to play 3-4 times a week at most.

• 4 weeks later...

Never fails E27. Go from a 8-4 lead to a 9-4 loss in a day. Always seems to be the case when we match up.

The 1st month every year is the death to me when it comes to the DL. It's like my players always catch a several case of the clap in the month of April! 

Frustrating!

Archived