Official Minor League and Amateur Baseball Thread

beekay414

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

MLB Pipeline Mock draft from Jim Callis.  Man, this draft hurts as the Reds lost 100 games last year and still pick 7th.  I wouldn't hate Lowder for the Reds, but i'd be tempted to take a swing at the higher upside with Dollander.  Callis is usually pretty plugged in to where the Reds are looking, so I expect their pick to be one of the names he has listed for them, which does include Dollander as well.

2023 MLB mock draft: first-round projections June 1

Lowder looks like a #4 pitcher to me.  That certainly has value.  But man, you really hope for more with a high 1st round pick.

Also, someone legit connecting the Cubs and Schanuel?  I bet he comes in under slot at #13 as well.  Make this happen.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Can Shaw play 3rd? If he can play 3rd, I'd love that pick. He's got a nice power/speed profile and we need a 3B desperately. Eric Brown Jr is our SSotf and Shaw's profile plays up at 3B better than Turang or Black's. 

He doesn't have a really strong arm, but other than that he should be able to easily handle it.  

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 1:31 PM, beekay414 said:

I'm just highly intrigued because this is finally a regional that I think Wright State can come out of. Iowa has to be the favorite because they can friggin' pitch but if WSU can get a W tomorrow over Indiana State, they've finally got a chance to win a regional. This isn't the team that I thought would get it done and they still likely don't but some bull**** placement in past regionals kept better teams from having a legit shot at Supers (that team a few years ago had no business getting put in Tennessee's regional), but there's no dominant team in this one so they've got as good a shot as a 4 seed can expect. And Kyle Peterson put it bluntly on the selection show, Wright State is a "nightmare 4 seed" for Indiana State.

6 outs away...

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

And Alex Sogard being a moron and leaving our starter in waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long and is going to blow this.

Leaves his starter in entirely waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long again in a close game and guess what happened? Didn't blow a lead this time, so there's progress! No, just instead turned a 1-0 game into a 4-0 game with 6 outs to go. Just an impeccable job of ineptitude from this man. Taking what Lovelady and Mercer built and ****ting all over it.

Edited by beekay414

Teams that have to lose twice today/tomorrow 

Winston-Salem: #1 Wake Forest (def George Mason 12-0, def Maryland 21-6)
Tuscaloosa: #16 Alabama (def Nicholls State 4-3, def Troy 11-8)

Coral Gables: Texas (def Louisiana 4-2, def #9 Miami 4-1)
Stanford: Texas A&M (def Cal State Fullerton 12-7, def #8 Stanford 8-5)

Baton Rouge: TBD due to weather (#5 LSU vs Oregon State in winners bracket)
Lexington: Indiana (def West Virginia 12-6, def #12 Kentucky 5-3)

Auburn: Penn (def #13 Auburn 6-3, def Samford 5-4) - Host Auburn has been eliminated
Clemson: Tennessee (def Charlotte 8-1, def #4 Clemson 6-5) - Host Clemson has been eliminated

Gainesville: Texas Tech (def UConn 3-2, def #2 Florida 5-4)
Columbia: #15 South Carolina (def CCSU 19-1, def NC State 6-3)

Conway: Duke (def UNC Wilmington 12-3, def Rider 2-1)
Charlottesville: #7 Virginia (def Army 15-1, def East Carolina 2-1)

Nashville: Oregon (def Xavier 5-4, def #6 Vanderbilt 8-7)
Stillwater: Oral Roberts (def #11 Oklahoma State 6-4, def Washington 15-12) - Host Oklahoma State has been eliminated

Terre Haute: #14 Indiana State (def Wright State 6-5, def Iowa 7-4)
Fayetteville: TBD due to weather (#3 Arkansas vs TCU in winners bracket)

Edited by beekay414

2023 Super Regionals

#1 Wake Forest vs #16 Alabama
Texas vs #8 Stanford/Texas A&M (winner take all today)

#5 LSU/Oregon State (Oregon State needs to win twice) vs #12 Kentucky/Indiana (winner take all today)
Southern Miss/Penn (winner take all today) vs Tennessee

#2 Florida/Texas Tech (winner take all today) vs #15 South Carolina
#10 Coastal Carolina/Duke (winner take all today) vs #7 Virginia

Oregon vs Oral Roberts
#3 Arkansas/TCU (Arkansas needs to win twice) vs #14 Indiana State

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

I caught that Tennessee/Clemson game the other night.  That was wild.  Down 4-2 with 2 outs in the 9th and Tennessee hit a 3-run bomb.  Clemson got one back and forced extras, but Tennessee eventually won.  I don't like Tennessee or their coach at all, but that was fun.