• Mazi Smith | DT | Michigan
    • Michael Meyer | TE | Notre Dame
    • Quentin Johnston | WR | TCU
    • Trenton Simpson | LB | Clemson
    • Will McDonald IV | Edge | Iowa State
    • Zay Flowers | WR | Boston College
    • Other - Please state

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2023 at 01:16 PM

On 4/15/2023 at 4:59 PM, Ozzy said:

I did not vote for this one, but the Giants all of a sudden are solid at center?  Is Bredeson solid for that spot, I thought he was more of a OG?    And LG is a question for them and they did get Hassenauer so maybe they think that is set even though I have them going center right now.

At WR they got Hodges, Slayton, Campbell then Shepard, Robinson and Crowder.  Not sure WR is that big of a need but whatever.  Could say another edge or a safety is a bigger need than WR.  

Nah, we aren't solid at Center. Bredeson right now is the starting center. He's a decent interior OL. He played a few center snaps last year and looked good while also being our best guard last year. LG is Josh Ezeudu's, last year's 3rd round pick, spot to lose. He improved nicely over the course of last year before getting injured. From the jump, he was a good run blocker but was god awful at first in pass pro. He got better over the course of his starts though. RG will be Glowinski, who is about as average as you could get at G.

Lot of potential JAGs on the roster at WR, honestly. They look to be in decent shape there for this year, even with no additions, but the only receivers they have signed past this year are Wan'Dale and Slayton, with Wan'Dale being the only receiver on the roster being signed past next year. They really need their own guy(s).

7 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Nah, we aren't solid at Center. Bredeson right now is the starting center. He's a decent interior OL. He played a few center snaps last year and looked good while also being our best guard last year. LG is Josh Ezeudu's, last year's 3rd round pick, spot to lose. He improved nicely over the course of last year before getting injured. From the jump, he was a good run blocker but was god awful at first in pass pro. He got better over the course of his starts though. RG will be Glowinski, who is about as average as you could get at G.

Lot of potential JAGs on the roster at WR, honestly. They look to be in decent shape there for this year, even with no additions, but the only receivers they have signed past this year are Wan'Dale and Slayton, with Wan'Dale being the only receiver on the roster being signed past next year. They really need their own guy(s).

Then why not draft a center 1st round and get potentially the best one?  

WR they did let Richie James go, he had a lot of upside.  And Campbell was a decent pickup and Waller obviously is a standout TE and they are a run first football team anyway.  Seems like address center should go ahead of WR.

If Schmitz is gone to Seattle then maybe they go safety with Brian Branch and get a versatile safety who can do a lot of things and can tackle, similar to Love.  Branch is probably a better tackler than Love but not as good in coverage and better in around the box.  Or I guess they could wait till the 2nd and get Stromberg who could be a solid C as well.  

Just not sure WR is worth it, especially when they could pickup a cheap free agent or bring in a late round draft pick or a UDFA.  They also got Collin Johnson as a big body WR and arguably four TEs with Waller, Bellinger, Cager and Sweeney.  And if Shepard can stay healthy the three of he, Hodges and Slayton is more than good enough I would say.  

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Then why not draft a center 1st round and get potentially the best one?  

WR they did let Richie James go, he had a lot of upside.  And Campbell was a decent pickup and Waller obviously is a standout TE and they are a run first football team anyway.  Seems like address center should go ahead of WR.

If Schmitz is gone to Seattle then maybe they go safety with Brian Branch and get a versatile safety who can do a lot of things and can tackle, similar to Love.  Branch is probably a better tackler than Love but not as good in coverage and better in around the box.  Or I guess they could wait till the 2nd and get Stromberg who could be a solid C as well.  

Just not sure WR is worth it, especially when they could pickup a cheap free agent or bring in a late round draft pick or a UDFA.  They also got Collin Johnson as a big body WR and arguably four TEs with Waller, Bellinger, Cager and Sweeney.  And if Shepard can stay healthy the three of he, Hodges and Slayton is more than good enough I would say.  

The reason you wouldn't take JMS at 25 is because you can get a similar C prospect in the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd. WR talent drops off a cliff fast in this draft. C doesn't. WR is a premium position you need to invest in highly to get a good one. It's a longer term outlook type pick

On 4/18/2023 at 7:52 AM, minutemancl said:

The reason you wouldn't take JMS at 25 is because you can get a similar C prospect in the 2nd, maybe even the 3rd. WR talent drops off a cliff fast in this draft. C doesn't. WR is a premium position you need to invest in highly to get a good one. It's a longer term outlook type pick

What are you talking about?  The WR depth is just fine and all of these guys could fall to the 3rd if not later.

Kayshon Boutte LSU JR
Nathaniel Dell Houston RS JR
Cedric Tillman Tennessee
Parker Washington Penn State JR
Charlie Jones Purdue RS
Jayden Reed Michigan State RS
Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss
Josh Downs UNC JR
Ronnie Bell Michigan RS
Keytaon Thompson Virginia RS
Rakim Jarrett Maryland JR
Trey Palmer Nebraska JR

Then especially these guys, sure the center class is deep but not as deep as a WR group which usually has the most players drafted of any position more often than not.  Could say the depth in the WR class is better than the top end talent in the class.

Matt Landers Arkansas RS
Bryce Ford-Wheaton West Virginia RS JR
Dontayvion Wicks Virginia JR
Joseph Ngata Clemson
Malik Knowles Kansas State RS
Jaray Jenkins LSU RS
Justin Shorter Florida RS
Dontay Demus Jr Maryland RS
Jake Bobo UCLA RS

Not to mention many teams in the NFL do not value WRs and draft them late very similar to what the Patriots did for awhile and what the Packers have done for awhile as well.  Sure Patriots broke that trend with Harry but usually would not draft a WR 1st round and a few other teams do the same.  Giants could get fine depth at WR in the mid to later rounders.  Could argue depth at RB is more important to the Giants then depth at WR.

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What are you talking about?  The WR depth is just fine and all of these guys could fall to the 3rd if not later.

Kayshon Boutte LSU JR
Nathaniel Dell Houston RS JR
Cedric Tillman Tennessee
Parker Washington Penn State JR
Charlie Jones Purdue RS
Jayden Reed Michigan State RS
Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss
Josh Downs UNC JR
Ronnie Bell Michigan RS
Keytaon Thompson Virginia RS
Rakim Jarrett Maryland JR
Trey Palmer Nebraska JR

Then especially these guys, sure the center class is deep but not as deep as a WR group which usually has the most players drafted of any position more often than not.  Could say the depth in the WR class is better than the top end talent in the class.

Matt Landers Arkansas RS
Bryce Ford-Wheaton West Virginia RS JR
Dontayvion Wicks Virginia JR
Joseph Ngata Clemson
Malik Knowles Kansas State RS
Jaray Jenkins LSU RS
Justin Shorter Florida RS
Dontay Demus Jr Maryland RS
Jake Bobo UCLA RS

Not to mention many teams in the NFL do not value WRs and draft them late very similar to what the Patriots did for awhile and what the Packers have done for awhile as well.  Sure Patriots broke that trend with Harry but usually would not draft a WR 1st round and a few other teams do the same.  Giants could get fine depth at WR in the mid to later rounders.  Could argue depth at RB is more important to the Giants then depth at WR.

Tillman, Mingo, and Downs probably go 2nd and the quality of C prospects is deeper than WR this year.  You've got 6 or 7 starter caliber prospects at C and.most those WRs you listed are more ST guys than anything.  

Stromberg in the 3rd is way better than this group of WRs.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Tillman, Mingo, and Downs probably go 2nd and the quality of C prospects is deeper than WR this year.  You've got 6 or 7 starter caliber prospects at C and.most those WRs you listed are more ST guys than anything.  

Stromberg in the 3rd is way better than this group of WRs.

Stromberg should be gone in the 2nd, and I have Wypler gone in the 2nd as well possibly.  Sure the high end talent is better at center in terms of elite level centers but the depth is there at WR no question, and no Tillman, Mingo and Downs will not all be gone by the 2nd unless a lot of teams all of a sudden really want and need WRs.  Not sure teams in the 2nd pass on elite edge guys, TEs, or NT types or OL to get a WR but who knows.  

15 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Stromberg should be gone in the 2nd, and I have Wypler gone in the 2nd as well possibly.  Sure the high end talent is better at center in terms of elite level centers but the depth is there at WR no question, and no Tillman, Mingo and Downs will not all be gone by the 2nd unless a lot of teams all of a sudden really want and need WRs.  Not sure teams in the 2nd pass on elite edge guys, TEs, or NT types or OL to get a WR but who knows.  

Fair, but I'd still rather have Flowers and Stromberg over JMS and whichever WR is there in 2.

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Air, but I'd still rather have Flowers and Stromberg over JMS and whichever WR is there in 2.

Maybe but I would rather have Brian Branch in the 1st, not a huge fan of Bobby McCain but Branch is a more in the box around the line of scrimmage safety like McKinney.  They could get Stromberg/Wypler in the 2nd or Scruggs in the 4rd possibly but probably not.  That lack of a 3rd round pick could hurt them, Jarrett, Palmer, Boutte and Landers could be around in the 4th but the rest are possibly all gone with no 3rd rounder.  

And Chase Brown honestly I would rather have a backup RB with how Barkley gets hurt than another WR.  

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe but I would rather have Brian Branch in the 1st, not a huge fan of Bobby McCain but Branch is a more in the box around the line of scrimmage safety like McKinney.  They could get Stromberg/Wypler in the 2nd or Scruggs in the 4rd possibly but probably not.  That lack of a 3rd round pick could hurt them, Jarrett, Palmer, Boutte and Landers could be around in the 4th but the rest are possibly all gone with no 3rd rounder.  

And Chase Brown honestly I would rather have a backup RB with how Barkley gets hurt than another WR.  

Oh, Branch might be my least favorite probable first rounder.  I dont think he succeeds.  And he'd be a bit redundant with McKinney there already.

I think Daboll adds pieces around the investment they made in Jones this draft.

7 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Oh, Branch might be my least favorite probable first rounder.  I dont think he succeeds.  And he'd be a bit redundant with McKinney there already.

I think Daboll adds pieces around the investment they made in Jones this draft.

Sure possibly but if say they take Flowers, if Shepard is healthy fully there is a good chance Flowers would not even start over Shepard in the slot then Slayton on the outside and Hodgins or Robinson on the other.  Maybe Flowers could play outside WR but would be best inside I feel.  

Honestly in terms of slot receivers they have Shepard, Robinson and Crowder and they would all play the same position as Zay Flowers.  Would of had four slot WRs possibly 5 with Flowers but Richie James went to the Chiefs.

A pick of a center is just as big of an investment on the QB as a WR.  And with the TE talent they have they should not be playing a ton of three WR sets and it should be two TEs with Waller split out wide and Bellinger as the blocking type.