Barry season 4: april 16 (spoilers)

Malfatron

So thankful this episode was much better than the last one.

Spoiler

I love how Barry listens to different religious podcasts until he finds one that reinforces his existing beliefs lol if that's not a comment on todays climate I don't know what is

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 3

Someone’s going to have to convince me the flash forward is good because I’ve hated everything in it so far. If they’d ended the show when Sally came home to Barry, it might’ve felt like a cheapish ending but I really just don’t like any of the future stuff. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Someone’s going to have to convince me the flash forward is good because I’ve hated everything in it so far. If they’d ended the show when Sally came home to Barry, it might’ve felt like a cheapish ending but I really just don’t like any of the future stuff. 

Spoiler

I mean… I like Fuches’ transformation. He became the person he imagined in his head, this hard-as-nails criminal overlord. I also like how Cosineau is completely against the movie, such a far cry from the guy who created a three-act play for an interview with a reporter. 

Question for the room - who was trying to kill Sally and their son?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The attack seemed focused on sally and not Barry, so the obvious guess: not the hickbilly she kissed and strangled at work but associates of the hickbilly, like Todd + Uncle Jack in BB. That seems like too open and closed a storyline for their current timeline though. The biker gang member she executed wouldn’t target just her cause no one knows she played a part. And lastly, she might just be crazy since she’s been spiraling the whole future timeline. 

I don’t really care if she gets got though since she’s a terrible mom lol 

• Like 1

Also how stupid is it that Barry got captured by the same dude again. I know he’s out of practice but come on. Would a flashing neon light saying “not a trap” have deterred him?

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Also how stupid is it that Barry got captured by the same dude again. I know he’s out of practice but come on. Would a flashing neon light saying “not a trap” have deterred him?

It’s twofold:

- Barry *is* out of practice. Old Barry would have done the job in Cosineau’s sons’ house, killing everyone (including his grandson). This Barry is continually hesitating.

- Jim Moss has been WAITING for this moment. He knew as soon as Cosineau popped back up on the map, Barry would be close by. He was probably there at Cosineau’s sons’ house too, but quickly deduced it wasn’t the best time to act.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:
  Hide contents

I mean… I like Fuches’ transformation. He became the person he imagined in his head, this hard-as-nails criminal overlord. I also like how Cosineau is completely against the movie, such a far cry from the guy who created a three-act play for an interview with a reporter. 

Spoiler

MY ANSWER: Nobody. She was hallucinating and/or disassociating. 

The audio you hear when she's being stalked by the "intruder" was the audio from S3 when she killed the guy in the studio.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 2

So they didn’t just end it with Barry going to prison last season or his escape this season because the intended ending is setting him up to take out Fuches and Hank, two loose ends/bad eggs that have been there the whole series. That makes me slightly more appreciative of the future stuff but it also might be that they’re done with the desert parenting schtick that no one wanted to see. Barry wants to leave the life behind and be a dad so it becomes a question of will he be able to turn into a monster again to kill two other monsters or will he sacrifice his life for his family and send the two other monsters to prison in the process. Evil or good for the guy that was dancing between the whole series. 

On 5/16/2023 at 11:44 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Reveal hidden contents

MY ANSWER: Nobody. She was hallucinating and/or disassociating. 

The audio you hear when she's being stalked by the "intruder" was the audio from S3 when she killed the guy in the studio.

Spoiler

I was trying to figure out if the man dressed in black in their home was real or figurative last week.  Watching the recap at the start of the episode, he sure seemed to resemble the frame and body language of the diner cook that Sally made out with and choked in the restroom.  I guess it could work either way.  But you think the truck slamming into the mobile home wasn't real?  I don't know about that. The attack on the house warrants them risking everything by following Barry to L.A.   

I don't necessarily mind the time jump but it has been way too convenient for them to bypass obstacles along the way.  

1. They didn't show Barry escaping prison.  Sure there was the route through the ceiling that the hitman used but that's not an easy out.  
  2. Sally was so quick to leave with him that it felt forced.   Is it Stockholm syndrome brought on by the clear PTSD she's suffering?  
  3. How TF did Fuchs' men not see Hank get out of the car in a huge dirt lot when he's right there?  The bit with the missile and Hank falling down the hill while on the phone was funny tho.

Looks like Hank will force Barry take out Fuchs and his men in order to get Sally and their son back.  Then how will Hank be dealt with?  Will Barry form an alliance with either or take out both?

Jim Moss looks to have allowed Barry to escape on purpose (didn't secure his legs and left a knife closeby to cut the restraints) maybe to lead them to the Raven.  I have a feeling after watching him see Barry's genuine love and concern for his son that Jim might wind up taking care of the boy after Barry and Sally either die or go to jail.

There are likely to be a lot of unanswered questions considering there's only 1 episode left.

Spoiler

Loved the latest episode, especially the entire sequence of Hank trying to blow up the house and also the sequence of the hitmen being introduced. SO GOOD.

As far as actual plot lines go, are we now assuming that all along Jim thought it was Gene that murdered Janice? Cuz that just doesn't add up whatsoever with the previous seasons and we all know Jim is a very competent person/investigator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

But you think the truck slamming into the mobile home wasn't real?  I don't know about that. The attack on the house warrants them risking everything by following Barry to L.A.   

I think the cop with the bullet hole where his eye should be is enough to substantiate the theory that it was all in her head and she’s declining mentally rapidly. Barry disappearing for a length of time and her not trusting herself is enough to go to LA. 

They didn't show Barry escaping prison.  Sure there was the route through the ceiling that the hitman used but that's not an easy out.  

If the guy could get in unnoticed, Barry (a hitman ex marine) probably can too. It’s reasonable to assume he’d get away without having to see it. 

Jim Moss looks to have allowed Barry to escape on purpose

Any other explanation would be poor writing. Moss is too competent and intelligent to leave a dangerous person like Barry the tools to easily rescue himself. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 3:46 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
  Hide contents

Loved the latest episode, especially the entire sequence of Hank trying to blow up the house and also the sequence of the hitmen being introduced. SO GOOD.

As far as actual plot lines go, are we now assuming that all along Jim thought it was Gene that murdered Janice? Cuz that just doesn't add up whatsoever with the previous seasons and we all know Jim is a very competent person/investigator.

Based on the new evidence, from jims pov, its entirely plausible that gene planned it out and hired his malliable hitman Barry

Edited by Malfatron

On 5/22/2023 at 4:15 PM, Ty21 said:
On 5/22/2023 at 2:21 PM, thrILL! said:

Jim Moss looks to have allowed Barry to escape on purpose

Any other explanation would be poor writing. Moss is too competent and intelligent to leave a dangerous person like Barry the tools to easily rescue himself. 

Moss has got a trick up his sleeve for sure.

Hes playing chess here

On 5/21/2023 at 10:13 PM, Ty21 said:

So they didn’t just end it with Barry going to prison last season or his escape this season because the intended ending is setting him up to take out Fuches and Hank, two loose ends/bad eggs that have been there the whole series. That makes me slightly more appreciative of the future stuff but it also might be that they’re done with the desert parenting schtick that no one wanted to see. Barry wants to leave the life behind and be a dad so it becomes a question of will he be able to turn into a monster again to kill two other monsters or will he sacrifice his life for his family and send the two other monsters to prison in the process. Evil or good for the guy that was dancing between the whole series. 

The timejump was really good imo

Also, its kinda like, barry got what he wanted but its still not working out.

And the transformation of the Raven is so good, especially considering the leadup on that