Week 13 GDT: G(eno)iants @ Raiders?

SilverNBlackFan

4 minutes ago, 808sinfour4time said:

To me, Carr looks better every week.  The numbers aren't there, but he's hanging tough in the pocket and using his legs better than he did his first month or so back from the back injury.  Also, this week and last are a bit of a mulligan with both Cooper and Crabtree out.  I'm not saying he hasn't regressed from last year. And I don't think he's without blame for that. But I think he'll be fine long term.

He has been paid to be our franchise QB so he shoudln't be relegated to a game manager role because Cooper and Crabtree are out. He's at 4.4 yds/att in this half. That's bad.

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

He has been paid to be our franchise QB so he shoudln't be relegated to a game manager role because Cooper and Crabtree are out. He's at 4.4 yds/att in this half. That's bad.

I agree that a 4.4 YPA is not good, but there isn't a QB in the League whose YPA (or passer rating) wouldn't take a considerable hit without their top two targets.  Further, I'm not completely convinced Carr has been relegated to the role of game manager, but to the extent I concede the point, we must ask what's the most proximate cause of that: his play, or the change in coordinator?  I don't know the answer to that, but i have more faith in Carr than Downing because I've seen Carr do it before.  For 14.75 games in 2016.

Archived