2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

I really wanted S. Charles to be our starting LG but with this current injury, who knows. Now that opens the door for C. Paul to step in and see if he can ball out. Getting reports about M. Brooks is one of the camp standouts and really could help us if he’s that surprise we need in a position of need. 
Im hoping with these 2 guys we can hopefully solidify that position but if it does go south, D. Risner should be on their speed dial. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I really wanted S. Charles to be our starting LG but with this current injury, who knows. Now that opens the door for C. Paul to step in and see if he can ball out. Getting reports about M. Brooks is one of the camp standouts and really could help us if he’s that surprise we need in a position of need. 
Im hoping with these 2 guys we can hopefully solidify that position but if it does go south, D. Risner should be on their speed dial. 

Yeah at this pace Brooks makes the team as the pleasant surprise of camp and Charles is out looking for new employment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I was a little bit annoyed watching Dawand Jones play really well for the Browns last night. I still have no clue how they left him on the board in the third round to essentially pick a third string center? 

That's a good sign for him considering he was getting blasted for his conditioning and whatnot at rookie camp. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Good info Intersting good to get another person insight. Was not aware of Jones Smith. Happy to see he is initially doing well at guard. I have seen it time and time again you draft a T and he doesn't have the foot speed to play tackle and he is better going forward than backwards. Move him to the inside and Wala !!! he shows he is a better guard than tackle. Also did not know about Bugess either. 

My players who have caught my attention and have shown some flashes is Howell. i have seen him progress from last yr. Not staring down his wr's on a consistent level. Mason brooks also  the way he handle mathis. martin also he seems to be around the ball alot. logan thams is another also. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I was a little bit annoyed watching Dawand Jones play really well for the Browns last night. I still have no clue how they left him on the board in the third round to essentially pick a third string center? 

Yeap I agree he did. But remember there was some false info about him before the draft. Can't remember exact words but whatever it was it is the resaon why he dropped. Undoubterly it had an effect on the Commander FO also. 

22 hours ago, Troublez said:

Charles looks out of shape. The beat reporters on KSheehan radio show - have said this multiple times (to some effect Ben Standig for sure), that:

"Charles is athletic, but Paul is in better shape"

That just infuriates me to no end. 

Mason brooks and Smith should expliot the absence of Charles.