2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

I have seen some videos were Sam looks bad on his throws and some pass were right on the money. Sam will be inconsistent but this is to be expected with a young QB. This was a Nice pass. Hitting the wr in stride.

• Like 1

Ron trying to backtrack his comments from yesterday. You know it's not genuine because he has to keep reading from his pre-written response. Nothing like boosting someone up to try to get HC gigs than telling everyone that players are already complaining about him. 

It's not so much that the players have had issues that's the problem, Ron Rivera created a problem from something that should have stayed in house. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 4209 said:

Since our OL is very questionable maybe we should have more plays with Sam onthe move. 

Yeah, just like they didn't do with Heinicke. It will always bug me that Scott Turner didn't call bootlegs with Heinicke or have plays where Heinicke would definitely be on the move as the play call, like a sprint right or left where Heinicke would go one way or the other and have an option of throwing to a few different routes but if nothing was there he could take off and run for 5 to 10 yards.

You're right, I hope Bieniemy does that with Howell this year bc it's definitely something we can take advantage of bc of Howell’s mobility.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, just like they didn't do with Heinicke. It will always bug me that Scott Turner didn't call bootlegs with Heinicke or have plays where Heinicke would definitely be on the move as the play call, like a sprint right or left where Heinicke would go one way or the other and have an option of throwing to a few different routes but if nothing was there he could take off and run for 5 to 10 yards.

You're right, I hope Bieniemy does that with Howell this year bc it's definitely something we can take advantage of bc of Howell’s mobility.

Howell could easily have a season closer to 2021's Heinicke rushing yards (around 300) vs whatever last year was near 100. I wouldn't call Howell's legs a weapon, but he's not Peyton Manning running around either. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Ron trying to backtrack his comments from yesterday. You know it's not genuine because he has to keep reading from his pre-written response. Nothing like boosting someone up to try to get HC gigs than telling everyone that players are already complaining about him. 

It's not so much that the players have had issues that's the problem, Ron Rivera created a problem from something that should have stayed in house. 

It's a bunch of things...Rivera AND the players.

1) This is mainly on Rivera. He is supposed to be an NFL Head Coach. You DON'T put stuff like this out to the media. This should've stayed in house.

2. These players who were "concerned" took the coward's approach to the issue that they were having. If you have a problem with someone, you don't go around them or above their head. You go directly to him like a man would and talk to him. This is what Ron told them to do. And it's EXACTLY what each of these players would want if someone had a problem with them. 

3. This is THE example of how coddled this team has been over the years. We bring in a Coach directly off winning a Super Bowl. Meanwhile these players come off of a season in which they severely underachieved and some of them want to whine about how hard he is coaching them?

YGBKM!!!     <--- there's a certain letter I left out of there. You can guess which one.

No wonder our team can't win. It's a bunch of soft babies. Look, if you are so soft that you can't handle being coached by a guy who knows what it takes to win in this league, then maybe you shouldn't be getting paid as much as you are. Or maybe you shouldn't be a professional football player. 

4. From what I am hearing out of Bienemy...I already love this guy. For years our team has been:

a) undisciplined (or under-disciplined)
b) out of shape
c) and no actual intensity offensively.

There has been no accountability at all for these players who continually make multi-millions and have laid a big steaming pile year after year.

For example. We've drawn too many stupid penalties (pre-snap penalties, et al) that killed drives. There has been no accountability. Only "Derp Derp...guess you better work on that next game. Meanwhile here's your 6 figure game check. And don't worry you'll still start next week".

It sounds like Eric Bienemy will not accept that anymore and that has been what has been missing on this team for a VERY LONG TIME!!

If you can't take the hard coaching? Move on. Quit. Retire. Get out of the way. Do whatever it is you need to do to get the hell off my favorite team. Because I'm in the latter part of my life and I want to see another Lombardi in Ashburn before I leave this mortal coil. And if you're not willing to work hard for a king's ransom to play a kid's game and be more than just mediocre, then get lost. We've lost with you. We can lose without you. But more importantly, we're never going to win with you either. And the sooner you're gone, the sooner we can get back to the way this team was when I was growing up.

So leave.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Howell could easily have a season closer to 2021's Heinicke rushing yards (around 300) vs whatever last year was near 100. I wouldn't call Howell's legs a weapon, but he's not Peyton Manning running around either. 

Yeah. He's not Lamar Jackson/Michael Vick level of a ground weapon. But he has enough wheels to make a defender have to choose between coverage responsibility and moving up to stop him running.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's a bunch of things...Rivera AND the players.

1) This is mainly on Rivera. He is supposed to be an NFL Head Coach. You DON'T put stuff like this out to the media. This should've stayed in house.

2. These players who were "concerned" took the coward's approach to the issue that they were having. If you have a problem with someone, you don't go around them or above their head. You go directly to him like a man would and talk to him. This is what Ron told them to do. And it's EXACTLY what each of these players would want if someone had a problem with them. 

3. This is THE example of how coddled this team has been over the years. We bring in a Coach directly off winning a Super Bowl. Meanwhile these players come off of a season in which they severely underachieved and some of them want to whine about how hard he is coaching them?

YGBKM!!!

No wonder our team can't win. It's a bunch of soft babies. Look, if you are so soft that you can't handle being coached by a guy who knows what it takes to win in this league, then maybe you shouldn't be getting paid as much as you are. Or maybe you shouldn't be a professional football player. 

4. From what I am hearing out of Bienemy...I already love this guy. For years our team has been:

a) undisciplined (or under-disciplined)
b) out of shape
c) and no actual intensity offensively.

There has been no accountability at all for these players who continually make multi-millions and have laid a big steaming pile year after year.

For example. We've drawn too many stupid penalties (pre-snap penalties, et al) that killed drives. There has been no accountability. Only "Derp Derp...guess you better work on that next game. Meanwhile here's your 6 figure game check".

It sounds like Eric Bienemy will not accept that anymore and that has been what has been missing on this team for a VERY LONG TIME!!

If you can't take the hard coaching? Move on. Quit. Retire. Get out of the way. Do whatever it is you need to do to get the hell off my favorite team. Because I'm in the latter part of my life and I want to see another Lombardi in Ashburn before I leave this mortal coil. And if you're not willing to work hard for a king's ransom to play a kid's game and be more than just mediocre, then get lost.

Absolutely 100%.

On top of this, I do not like that Rivera was reading from a prepared statement and I’ll give my reasons why, Rivera never reads from prepared statements!

So to me, someone gave Rivers this statement to read to the media. Now, I don't know if this was a Jason Wright thing or if Josh Harris had someone he knows in PR write Rivera a statement to read but I don't like the looks of it at all. Rivera wouldn’t have done this on his own, not this way. Rivera would’ve said he made a mistake yesterday about what he said, gave an apology etc, but Rivera wouldn’t have had a prepared statement to read on his own.

This was not a good look today at all and I'm worried it was mandated by Jason Wright or the new Ownership Group which bothers me even more because they're meddling already if it was them.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Sam rushed for 35 yards vs Dallas and it really doesn't even seem like he ran that much. If he rushes for 35 yards every game or around it, he'll go over 500 yards rushing on the season and with the way he’s built if they use him on QB keepers & zone reads where he keeps the ball as a runner inside the 10-yard line, I could see him rushing for at least 5 TDS too. He's not going to have any of those explosive RG3 or Heincke big-time runs where he rushes for 20-50 yards and dives in for a TD but if they utilize his skillset as a good zone read/QB keeper type runner in short yardage I definitely think hell have a handful of rushing TD's to go with his 20 something passing TD's.