TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

It's just a Culvers, but with extra conference rooms built in. 

...  the implication here is that regular Culvers have a more limited number of conference rooms?  Is this a thing that I've somehow missed? **** me, I want to have meetings with cheese curds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

...  the implication here is that regular Culvers have a more limited number of conference rooms?  Is this a thing that I've somehow missed? **** me, I want to have meetings with cheese curds. 

I mean it's always busy.

More room for trucks and IL tourists going to Dells, Devil's Lake or Ski places just off highway.

2 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

HA!  That's the same resort, what a small world.  Do you know them?  

Is Rios the place that took over the spot from Pierre Anne's crepe place?  I LOVED that spot.  Even though the lady of the house told on me for feeding whipped cream to a baby.  Narc.  Never saw the inside of the beer temple as it was jammed and we moved on instead of waiting.  I absolutely love me an old school supper club, grew up spending a lot of time in WI so feel very at home in nicotine stained, pine panneled dimly lit places that will deliver a ludicrous size steak and potato for like $20. 

Rios looks kinda like an old root beer stand with a red roof, just south of oinks, with a bunch of picnic tables out front

If the resort was Gintaras, yeah i know it... my family is the one that bought it lol  

20 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Rios looks kinda like an old root beer stand with a red roof, just south of oinks, with a bunch of picnic tables out front

If the resort was Gintaras, yeah i know it... my family is the one that bought it lol  

Yup! That's a wonderful spot, congrats!  Is it still a resort or home (s)?

I think the last time I was there was loding for a wedding nearby.  They had a bus picking people up for the wedding and he got stuck at one of the dead end streets around there and require like a 42 point turn to get free.  

Again, what a small world it is sometimes. 

I’ve only lost one time in golf this year to anyone I’ve gone w and I’ve gone weekly all year. Anyone on here a golfer?

41 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I think the last time I was there was loding for a wedding nearby.  They had a bus picking people up for the wedding and he got stuck at one of the dead end streets around there and require like a 42 point turn to get free.  

It’s not a small world, all you FIPs love this area 

17 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I’ve only lost one time in golf this year to anyone I’ve gone w and I’ve gone weekly all year. Anyone on here a golfer?

I golfed quite a bit last year, only a couple times this year as my playing partner has been dealing with an ACL injury

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

a couple of my aunts bought it ~5 years ago and my parents live on it full time now in one of the smaller cabins. it's just a family property now, but my parents have been trying to get them to open it back up for weddings. my cousin got married there last year and i'm getting married there next year

Hypothetical situations is a popular subject at work and a few weeks ago the question amongst coworkers was “if you could make any restaurant 99% off for life and every other restaurant double in price, which would you choose”. My answer was Culver’s just because their menu is decently broad, they have good service, a good product, and are all over the place. Another person said some Japanese chain Nobo or something and another didn’t want to answer so I defaulted her decision to long John silvers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Hypothetical situations is a popular subject at work and a few weeks ago the question amongst coworkers was “if you could make any restaurant 99% off for life and every other restaurant double in price, which would you choose”. My answer was Culver’s just because their menu is decently broad, they have good service, a good product, and are all over the place. Another person said some Japanese chain Nobo or something and another didn’t want to answer so I defaulted her decision to long John silvers. 

i think you'd want to answer something that is relatively abundant - Nobo is expensive but most people will never go there in their lives. Culver's does have the selection like you said, plus the dessert aspect - do pints to take home count as well? a chipotle/qdoba would be up on my list - it would lend to relatively healthy meals and they are everywhere, so you don't have nearly the same regional based places, but there are only so many combinations to make