Hypothetical Draft question for all you draft guru's.

Old Guy

Hypothetical trade up scenario for you draft gurus.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Picks 13, 42 and 45 add up to 2080 points, between pick 3 and 4. Is there someone in the draft you'd give up those three picks to move up to grab.

• Will Anderson
    • Bryce Young
    • Jalen Carter
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Paris Johnson Jr.
    • No, but I'd give up pick 15 and 45 to get to pick 6 and get...... put in replies the person
    • None of the above. I'm not trading up.

6 minutes ago, DenverPackFan said:

RB - Robinson.  I'd say it's about 60:40 that he goes in the top 12.  I wouldn't move up for him since we already have Jones and Dillon, but he might be hard to pass on at #13.  I could also see a team trading up with us if he's on the board at #13.

I have to admit that as much as my brain tries to say taking a RB early is dumb, I wouldn't be overly upset if Robinson was the pick and would likely talk myself into the "he's an elite talent" side of the argument in short order.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I have to admit that as much as my brain tries to say taking a RB early is dumb, I wouldn't be overly upset if Robinson was the pick and would likely talk myself into the "he's an elite talent" side of the argument in short order.

Exactly how I feel about it.

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are Wilson, Gonzalez and Witherspoon's talents greater than Adetomiwa Adebawore? I feel like this kid is just so raw. His upside might be as much or more than any of them in the draft. He can play EDGE and slide inside and wreak havoc. 

Yes.  They are much better than he is.  For right now and projecting into the future.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

14 minutes ago, DenverPackFan said:

Exactly how I feel about it.

I wouldn't be overly mad either, but....

It would be a poor use of draft capital.  He's not that much better than Jones, if at all.  While he is better than Dillon, once you factor in the cost of that pick, he really isn't.  At least in my book.

Only way that works is if you trade Dillon for decent value.  

And from what I've seen, it is a deeper draft at RB.  There are good ones that are going to be drafted in most every round.

22 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  They are much better than he is.  For right now and projecting into the future.

Agree with the first part, I do not agree based on what his ceiling is. HIs floor is much lower, and his ceiling is much higher than all of them but Anderson. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Agree with the first part, I do not agree based on what his ceiling is. HIs floor is much lower, and his ceiling is much higher than all of them but Anderson. 

Drafts are littered, every year, with low floor, high ceiling guys.  Great RAS that do nothing.  A few pan out...many end up doing squat.

Those guys you mentioned are far away better football players than the northwestern kid.

47 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It would be a poor use of draft capital.  He's not that much better than Jones, if at all.  While he is better than Dillon, once you factor in the cost of that pick, he really isn't.  At least in my book.

And from what I've seen, it is a deeper draft at RB.  There are good ones that are going to be drafted in most every round.

Let's say he's about as good as Jones.  He's also 8 years younger and will be much cheaper for a few years.  

43 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

To me, Robinson is a better talent than Jones, with a much more NFL ready body.  That being said, the RB injury factor seems so high that I have a really tough time wanting to invest significant resources there when talented players can be had at the position much later.  Who is the last high RD1 RB taken that (1) played like they were worth the pick and (2) didn't miss significant time with injuries on their rookie deal?  Tomlinson?

4 minutes ago, DenverPackFan said:

Let's say he's about as good as Jones.  He's also 8 years younger and will be much cheaper for a few years.  

In year one, he's RB3.  So only 3 more years before he's on a very high end RB deal.

I don't like 3 years of RB play that is the same as what we have now, for that premium pick.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Drafts are littered, every year, with low floor, high ceiling guys.  Great RAS that do nothing.  A few pan out...many end up doing squat.

Those guys you mentioned are far away better football players than the northwestern kid.

The kid from Northwestern is rising up draft boards. You act as though he was a stiff.

He can play inside or outside depending on the situation. I believe he's going to turn into a stud. I am not sold at all on the three you mentioned as 'can't miss,' type of guys. Wilson is coming off foot surgery. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

In year one, he's RB3.  So only 3 more years before he's on a very high end RB deal.

I don't like 3 years of RB play that is the same as what we have now, for that premium pick.

I very much doubt that Dillon would keep Robinson on the bench.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LIS, not the pick that I want to make - but could live with it if that's who it is.

If he's available at #13, it might provide a good trade-down scenario.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I am against drafting a running back in the first 3 rounds as much as anybody. BUT......................... I can assure you he's not RB 3 on any roster in the NFL this year. He and Jones are co-1's and Dillon is three if we were to draft this kid. 

I'm dead set against it, because of the value of RBs, but he's the real deal. 

Jalen Carter and or Will Anderson. Both are difference makers on our D and would be for the next 10+ years. Baring a bad interview with Carter, he would be the pick. Guys like him in the middle of the DL are rare. Think Sue, Sapp, Donald. Those guys are a once in a decade type player.

Only for 13 and 42 or 45... not both 2nd's though

Edited by MantyWrestler

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Jalen Carter and or Will Anderson. Both are difference makers on our D and would be for the next 10+ years. Baring a bad interview with Carter, he would be the pick. Guys like him in the middle of the DL are rare. Think Sue, Sapp, Donald. Those guys are a once in a decade type player.

If it were just the bad interview that would be one thing. He gained a bunch of weight and couldn't finish his workout at his pro-day. He left the scene of an accident in which two people were killed and the video footage from that incident was not favorable to him at all.

If it were just a bad interview, either the Texans or Cardinals would be all over this guy. It still doesn't seem like he gets past Detroit at 6 though. 

You are correct on his talent though, it's unmistakable. 

• Like 1