Hypothetical Draft question for all you draft guru's.

Old Guy

Hypothetical trade up scenario for you draft gurus.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Picks 13, 42 and 45 add up to 2080 points, between pick 3 and 4. Is there someone in the draft you'd give up those three picks to move up to grab.

• Will Anderson
    • Bryce Young
    • Jalen Carter
    • Anthony Richardson
    • Paris Johnson Jr.
    • No, but I'd give up pick 15 and 45 to get to pick 6 and get...... put in replies the person
    • None of the above. I'm not trading up.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I see LVN more in a Lowry +++ role.  I think that is his best role.  He can stand up on the EDGE, but I didn't see a whole lot of burst from him.  What I did see over and over again was the raw power and hustle he brings.  He could probably be taught EDGE pretty easily, but I like more "twitchy" guys out there.  But we do like those big power guys out there that can bull rush and use those long arms.  Preston has made a lot of money with those skills.  And LVN has them as well.

I can't find it but LVN tested almost identical to Gary in everything but broad and vert. IDK what that means but I thought it was interesting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I see LVN more in a Lowry +++ role.  I think that is his best role.  He can stand up on the EDGE, but I didn't see a whole lot of burst from him.  What I did see over and over again was the raw power and hustle he brings.  He could probably be taught EDGE pretty easily, but I like more "twitchy" guys out there.  But we do like those big power guys out there that can bull rush and use those long arms.  Preston has made a lot of money with those skills.  And LVN has them as well.

Kampman?

10 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I'd just as soon stay put at #13 and take best player available at a position of need which there are for sure at a couple of spots.  The Packers have two very nice #2 picks and if there's another player they covet, move up in the 2nd round to take him.   They should end up with 3-4 really nice players from the top of the draft who should probably start. 

This

9 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

You expect 3-4 rookies to start?  That seems unrealistic.

is where

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

I am not sure where you are getting that from.  See my response to the comment above.  that was my original comment on this.  

this all began, you just came into the middle and moved the goalposts.  

15 minutes ago, R T said:

This

is where

this all began, you just came into the middle and moved the goalposts.  

can you show me where I responded to any of those quotes you have above?

I think you are confused on this.  lets review what post I responded to..............

9 hours ago, squire12 said:
9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's not like our roster is bereft of talent. Please tell me what position someone walks in and starts? 

safety, WR, TE, DL/EDGE, IOL are all positions that could see a  new starter for GB

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It's not like our roster is bereft of talent. Please tell me what position someone walks in and starts? 

Not saying it is but since you asked ... wr, te, dl, ol, safety could all use upgrades.  Chill out and I bet I'm older than you.

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Not saying it is but since you asked ... wr, te, dl, ol, safety could all use upgrades.  Chill out and I bet I'm older than you.

OK, but could use an upgrade vs. day one starter are different answers. 

I'm extremely chill, thanks for asking. 

My only point, our roster is pretty good actually. Does it need help in some areas? Yes, like every team in the league. Thinking we are finding 4 starters day 1 in a draft is very unlikely to happen for any team. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

OK, but could use an upgrade vs. day one starter are different answers. 

I'm extremely chill, thanks for asking. 

My only point, our roster is pretty good actually. Does it need help in some areas? Yes, like every team in the league. Thinking we are finding 4 starters day 1 in a draft is very unlikely to happen for any team. 

I really do like the roster.  That being said, it wouldn't break my heart to see 2 or 3 positions upgraded to starter status from this draft.  4 starters is absolutely not going to happen and probably overstated that but rather be hopeful than on the other end of nobody drafted to possibly start.

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I really do like the roster.  That being said, it wouldn't break my heart to see 2 or 3 positions upgraded to starter status from this draft.  4 starters is absolutely not going to happen and probably overstated that but rather be hopeful than on the other end of nobody drafted to possibly start.

I think we all hope every guy we draft turns into an upgrade and starts. That's a utopian draft. I'm all for it. 

BTW, you probably are older than me. I picked, "Old Guy," because my then 10-year-old came home from school one day and told me I was 10 years older than any other kids Dad in his class. Then he said, "Dad, you must be old!" 

I laughed! 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Norm said:

I can't find it but LVN tested almost identical to Gary in everything but broad and vert. IDK what that means but I thought it was interesting

Broad and vertical are pretty important for explosion.

When I put on the tape for LVN, I saw him playing DE a lot.  I don't know who a Lowry Plus Plus Plus player is, maybe Justin Smith, maybe a little past his prime JJ Watt, but that's who I see in LVN.

He had some stand up reps, and he looked fine, but he looked better playing with his hand in the dirt to me.  Obviously we can train a DL to be an OLB, like Gary.

Either way, I like the player.  Versatile.  Powerful.  Young!

14 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Kampman?

I know Kampman was good, but he simply could not play EDGE.  LVN can.  I also viewed Kampman more of a technician.  LVN is kindda wild and just wins with power and relentlessness.  

Not a bad comp at all, but I feel like LVN's a different kind of player than Kampman was.

• Like 1

Just now, vegas492 said:

I know Kampman was good, but he simply could not play EDGE.  LVN can.  I also viewed Kampman more of a technician.  LVN is kindda wild and just wins with power and relentlessness.  

Not a bad comp at all, but I feel like LVN's a different kind of player than Kampman was.

I felt that Kampman issues at OLB in a 3-4 was he had no clue how to drop into coverage