Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Obviously the draft will be different, but running the PFN simulator, I am not a fan of the guys who are on the board at 62.

Joe Tippman and John Michael Schmitz are always there.

Benton, Dexter and Ika always there.

Occasionally Sydney Brown, Antonio Johnson and Brents are there.

Just did a quick one myself and how it shook out I'd go Kelee Ringo and Matthew Bergeron.

Just now, downundermike said:

Did I say I was unhappy ??

You know it is OK to take a wait and see approach, you don't always have to act like everything the Eagles do is perfect.

You don't need to clearly state it. It's clear to see. You hate Howie it's ok 

Everything the eagles have done lately is perfect. Hard to argue it's not. When they make a crap move I'll be first in line to state it

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Any chance one of these picks are traded for a proven player tonight? Baker? 

Nope.  My hope is the Eagles trade up for Torrence, and the get the best available of Sydney Brown, Antonio Johnson or Julius Brents with the other pick.

You don't need to clearly state it. It's clear to see. You hate Howie it's ok 

Everything the eagles have done lately is perfect. Hard to argue it's not. When they make a crap move I'll be first in line to state it

I don't hate Howie, but he has his flaws, thankfully he seems to have corrected his draft flaws, but those picks still have to produce on the field.

No, everything the Eagles have done is not perfect.

Giving Slay that extension was a disaster, and his play was showing decline last year.  Giving Cox another year, not a fan.  Counting on so many 30+ year old players could end poorly if age/injuries catch up.  Still a lack of depth at multiple positions.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't hate Howie, but he has his flaws, thankfully he seems to have corrected his draft flaws, but those picks still have to produce on the field.

No, everything the Eagles have done is not perfect.

Giving Slay that extension was a disaster, and his play was showing decline last year.  Giving Cox another year, not a fan.  Counting on so many 30+ year old players could end poorly if age/injuries catch up.  Still a lack of depth at multiple positions.

Are some of the contracts the best looking no but we had to have those guys back. With Howie at GM he tries his best to have barely any needs going into a draft. So you gotta accept that about him. 

Cox you can argue for sure but now that we got Carter, what a teacher for him to learn from. 

Are some of the contracts the best looking no but we had to have those guys back. With Howie at GM he tries his best to have barely any needs going into a draft. So you gotta accept that about him. 

Cox you can argue for sure but now that we got Carter, what a teacher for him to learn from. 

We had to have those guys back why ??

Because of not drafting replacements, not having depth.

Having to continually extend guys who are on the decline is an inditement of Howie.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

What? Have you seen our FA signings? 

Yes my second favorite part of the off season. Not sure what you expected when we had to bring back a lot of our own guys which count towards FAs, sign hurts and still have money for other things like the draft. 

Howie knocked it out of the park with he had to work with. 

Just now, downundermike said:

We had to have those guys back why ??

Because of not drafting replacements, not having depth.

Having to continually extend guys who are on the decline is an inditement of Howie.

1. Because we want to go back to the SB. 

2. You can't draft every position. We do have replacements now after night 1 at two of the more important positions on our defense. Still 2 nights left

3. It's not our money, Howie will figure out the dead money later like he always does. Not really sure why anyone even worries about that anymore. Idrc anymore about the contracts with the calculator at GM. 

4. Slay was very important and still is. Cox like I said before you can argue that one for sure but I'm cool with it.