Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Well thank God you aren’t making the picks then 

A big reason our DL was so dominant last year was because finally we had competent starters on all three levels. We've had good DLs before, almost every year, and the results didn't match our investment. We need starters on all three levels for them to stop 3 step dropping us all game. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

It's far from perfect.

I mean I wouldn't crucify him for it, but the talent we brought is super underwhelming. Knocked it out of the park is a homer comment.

We brought serviceable talent at best on one year deals. 

You obviously don't like the talent brought in. Some of us do and our own FAs also count towards players brought back/in. 

Homer far from it but ty 

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

You obviously don't like the talent brought in. Some of us do and our own FAs also count towards players brought back/in. 

Homer far from it but ty 

Not trying to argue with you, but I am curious, what positions do you think we improved so far this off season, and what positions are lesser ??

19 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Cox isn't going to be here next year and we will be running a lot more hybrid fronts with Desai. Davis and Carter will both be starting, but we are going to need another interior DL going forward. Has nothing to do with what I think about Milton/Davis. It is simply a numbers game and we are going to need more interior DL going forward.

Glad some people get it. They focus on just the negative side of things and just hammer it over and over

4 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

A big reason our DL was so dominant last year was because finally we had competent starters on all three levels. We've had good DLs before, almost every year, and the results didn't match our investment. We need starters on all three levels for them to stop 3 step dropping us all game. 

A big reason they were good is they had good players and you don't stay good by taking less good players.....

4 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Homer far from it but ty 

You can like them, the thing is they're not perfect as your original comment said. 

Everything we've done is not perfect, no one does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

The reason our LB's and DB's played so well is because the guys upfront dominated football games lol. There is a lot of ways to build winning football teams, but the best one is to have a great OL and DL.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A big reason they were good is they had good players and you don't stay good by taking less good players.....

Exactly what I'm saying which is why you should go for the better players instead of having tunnel vision in the DL and going for rotational guys. 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

You can like them, the thing is they're not perfect as your original comment said. 

Everything we've done is not perfect, no one does. 

I mean, if it is perfect, I guess I better go get my Eagles 2023 Super Bowl champs gear on order.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

Exactly what I'm saying which is why you should go for the better players instead of having tunnel vision in the DL and going for rotational guys. 

Because they aren't the better players......

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The reason our LB's and DB's played so well is because the guys upfront dominated football games lol. There is a lot of ways to build winning football teams, but the best one is to have a great OL and DL.

Seriously? You don't see the difference in having TJ Edwards, Kyzir White, James Bradberry, CJGJ over Nate Gerry, over the hill Rodney McLeud, Anthony Harris, Nate Gerry, Steven Nelson? 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not trying to argue with you, but I am curious, what positions do you think we improved so far this off season, and what positions are lesser ??

After FA and 1 draft night. 

Upgrades - DT, Pass Rusher (Smith), WR4, RB 2 (Penny) and overall depth

About equal - LB , S2 , S3

Still need to address - Safety1 , CB of the future, RB1, OL Depth

Easier just to say are biggest losses were Hargrave and CGJ. We got Carter to fill the Hargrave hole. Need to address CGJs loss now. 

No I didn't like our LBs that much last year so I don't really consider that a loss.