Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Are we only talking about 1 single season then sure some of that rings out. I didn't think we're only talking about 1 single season. Pretty sure the NFL continues after 1

Issue with this thinking, is a whole bunch of these "improvements" you are touting, are here on 1 year deals.

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Fwiw there is no way our defense is better this year than last. It isn't happening. The guys we picked could be better in 3-4 years though.

Nolan Smith got like no shot to be better than Reddick was last year, at any point in his career. Carter can be as good as Hargrave next year if he gets his conditioning way up, but yeah, that ain't happening this year.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, downundermike said:

Why did those conditions only impact the Eagles ??

Wait did the KC pass rush absolutely dominate that game or did we score 35 points?

Your argument is still nonsense. Pointing to one game that we lost and using that as a way to discredit the other 19 games does nothing for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Wait did the KC pass rush absolutely dominate that game or did we score 35 points?

Your argument is still nonsense. Pointing to one game that we lost and using that as a way to discredit the other 19 games does nothing for me.

Was thinking that but didn't wanna start another back n forth on top of this other one lol

3 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Are we only talking about 1 single season then sure some of that rings out. I didn't think we're only talking about 1 single season. Pretty sure the NFL continues after 1

You can upgrade backup positions. Just cause I said we upgraded rb2 , that should mean we have a hole at rb1. I don't like penny for rb1 or gainwell. 

I like Morrow. Some don't I get it

We're 1 more good night away tonight from finishing off the last couple issues potentially so I still stick to perfect. Till it shows otherwise

We're talking about an improvement as a team, and we can't call it an improvement beyond 2023 when this guys haven't played and all of our FA are 1 year deals. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

We're talking about an improvement as a team, and we can't call it an improvement beyond 2023 when this guys haven't played and all of our FA are 1 year deals. 

Till they're gone they're here. Howie isn't letting them all walk. A couple will shine at minimum.

If in some crazy scenario all the 1 years left that means people probably stepped up. No way every single one bombs. Sure could a few bomb sure. Will they all no

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Chiefs had two sacks, Eagles had none.

The Chiefs inferior offensive line held up for 60 minutes, no sacks and paved the way for their RB's to average 5.8 yards per carry.

The Eagles superior offensive line allowed two sacks, and the RB's averaged 2.6 yards per carry behind them.

Regardless of the field conditions, the Eagles had the superior offensive and defensive line going into the game, and they were both outplayed.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Chiefs had two sacks, Eagles had none.

The Chiefs inferior offensive line held up for 60 minutes, no sacks and paved the way for their RB's to average 5.8 yards per carry.

The Eagles superior offensive line allowed two sacks, and the RB's averaged 2.6 yards per carry behind them.

Regardless of the field conditions, the Eagles had the superior offensive and defensive line going into the game, and they were both outplayed.

Never watched it back but didn't hurts run out of balance on 1 of the sacks. Maybe I'm forgetting but he should've just flicked it out. Wouldn't really call that a true sack cause of skill. I know it counts all the same but yeah

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Till they're gone they're here. Howie isn't letting them all walk. A couple will shine at minimum.

If in some crazy scenario all the 1 years left that means people probably stepped up. No way every single one bombs. Sure could a few bomb sure. Will they all no

That sounds like a far from perfect off season.