Alshon Jeffrey Signs a 4 year deal

eagles18

1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

It's not like Alshon is playing out of his mind.. I wonder why they decided to give him so much so soon.

Cause we are stupid.

He hasn't had 100 yards in a game since week 1 of 2016 I believe.

The guy hasn't produced like a WR1 this season and you can say what you want about us spreading it around, but unless you are feeding a guy a lot and he's producing big you don't pay him this kind of contract. 

2 minutes ago, BAConrad said:
5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not a fan at all.

Bad move by Howie.

I really don't see the logic in this opinion.

You know it is OK to agree as a consensus on something right? 

See my last post.

You know it is OK to not agree with the consensus on this, right?

1 minute ago, BAConrad said:

Also, think about all the WRs who will be FAs in 2018. Once they all sign, Alshon won't even be in the top 12 of highest paid receivers

OBJ, Evans, DaVante Adams, Watkins, Benjamin....all FAs just off the top of my head

Those other receivers are all better than Alshon except for Benjamin and maybe Watkins.

They deserve to be paid more no matter what kind of contract Jeffery got.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

See my last post.

You know it is OK to not agree with the consensus on this, right?

Sure. But it doesn't mean that you're not wrong.

Why does he have to have a 100 yard game? Is that some sort of magic number? 

He's on pace to have a 900 yard 10 TD season. In his first year, in an offense that runs it more than 90% of the rest of the league.

Our scheme is reliant on having Jeffrey or a WR like him that can take attention away from other players, who can make contested catches, and who doesn't need separation.

Its not hard to see the difference in our offense when we have Alshon compared to when we didn't. Obviously its not all because of him, but he's easily worth this money when you consider all the other factors as well 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cause we are stupid.

He hasn't had 100 yards in a game since week 1 of 2016 I believe.

The guy hasn't produced like a WR1 this season and you can say what you want about us spreading it around, but unless you are feeding a guy a lot and he's producing big you don't pay him this kind of contract. 

The production has been there imo. Ertz has 639 yds/7 TDs, Nelly has 458yds/6Tds. Only so much ball around, and Alshon hasn't reached 100 yards because its not needed from him for us to win.

Those other receivers are all better than Alshon except for Benjamin and maybe Watkins.

They deserve to be paid more no matter what kind of contract Jeffery got.

Theyre going to be paid more. So what is your point? 

3 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

Hmmm... We usually agree TRM.... explain. Would really like to hear lol

He's not that good. Simple as that.

Jeffery has come on in the past weeks and played better, but he's still not putting up big numbers.

I'm happy that he likes playing here and has a good relationship with Wentz.

I actually did want to keep him here if we could get him on a cheaper deal, but I didn't think he would want to settle, so my preference was to let him walk and not overpay him which is what I think this is.

1 minute ago, DeJack_10 said:

The production has been there imo. Ertz has 639 yds/7 TDs, Nelly has 458yds/6Tds. Only so much ball around, and Alshon hasn't reached 100 yards because its not needed from him for us to win.

If its not needed then don't pay him like an elite WR (which he is not)?

You are making my point for me.

That it has nothing to do with what Jeffery should be paid which is not 13 million.

6 months from now, he will be maybe the 13th-15th highest paid WR in the league

18 months from now? Maybe the top 20? Probably not though

Please explain how that doesn't make sense

Archived