Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

In reality... signing Cousins is actually the best way for us to build the roster. Bc it allows us to use all of our picks on young talent. Instead of maybe having to trade up and all for a QB we like.

Question though... with Washington having no cap space now. They can’t frabchise or transition tag him now can they? Is them trading for Smith as well as giving him a contract allowing Cousins to be just an UFA? Washington being ok with that and taking the good comp pick in 2019?

I would love to add cousins, but I would be fine with any of the top QBs from the draft. I think this draft will be just like the Eli, Rivers, and Ben draft. I'm worried about missing it. 

I'm not really worried about denver, they are getting old and the defense is not the same. I don't see Cousins picking the Browns. I think his final 3 will be the Jets, Vikings, and Cardinals. The only advantages we might have is Bates, Cap Space, and Media Market(If it plays a role in his career goals outside of football). 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

In reality... signing Cousins is actually the best way for us to build the roster. Bc it allows us to use all of our picks on young talent. Instead of maybe having to trade up and all for a QB we like.

Question though... with Washington having no cap space now. They can’t frabchise or transition tag him now can they? Is them trading for Smith as well as giving him a contract allowing Cousins to be just an UFA? Washington being ok with that and taking the good comp pick in 2019?

Not 100% sure either but I assume that he's hitting FA without any tags.

Ok guys, I have an agent friend. The same friend that told me we're drafting Hack round 2 told me we're preparing a 180 million dollar deal for Cousins. 100 guaranteed. McCown and Cousins have same agent so they're connected a bit with the Jets. 

Just now, K-Ro 25 said:

Ok guys, I have an agent friend. The same friend that told me we're drafting Hack round 2 told me we're preparing a 180 million dollar deal for Cousins. 100 guaranteed. McCown and Cousins have same agent so they're connected a bit with the Jets. 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Hope this is true. I know you’re not pro it but I think if some start really thinking about it... it’s a great move. For instance just to give an example.

Lets say we don’t sign Cousins and resign McCown and the whole world knows we need a QB and we decide to trade up to 3. That will cost us 6 and 37 (possibly even more). Meaning we’d draft “whoever” at QB but will have lost a valuable pick. On the flip side we sign Cousins and keep 6 and 37 and add 2 very young talented players to help this team. Maybe and edge, CB, OL or RB. I mean if you ask me this team is A LOT better with let’s say adding Cousins and drafting Barkley and OO with those 2 picks (just examples) adding Cousins and drafting Chubb and Michel, etc. The other option is literally to just add a young QB that will be a risk. It’s a no brained which is better.

Archived