Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s a bad move in the sense we are committing to a player who is not great but above average at the most important position on the team not only with a ton of cap but at least 4 seasons on a team full of holes.

He’s not average he’s between 5-10 best QBs in the NFL. These one year guys can’t just get put ahead of a guy that’s produced for 3 seasons in a row. And like slot if guys s change of scenery, a healthy team and weapons should all only make him better. He also will be in s system he likes here I’d imagine.

Alex Smith at age of 34 will earn 70m GTD.

Aaron Rodgers at of 34-35 is about to see new money of 100m GTD?

Jimmy Garoppolo follows Rodgers at age of 26m. 90-110m GTD?

Kirk Cousins at age of 30 could end up getting 140-175m GTD?

Matt Stafford at age of 30 is about to max out 90m GTD.

Overall number one selection salary may be up to 65m over 5 years.

OVerall number six selection salary may be up to 45m over 5 years.

I will try to forget money when reading statistic or watching games. lol

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Alex Smith at age of 34 will earn 70m GTD.

Aaron Rodgers at of 34-35 is about to see new money of 100m GTD?

Jimmy Garoppolo follows Rodgers at age of 26m. 90-110m GTD?

Kirk Cousins at age of 30 could end up getting 140-175m GTD?

Matt Stafford at age of 30 is about to max out 90m GTD.

Overall number one selection salary may be up to 65m over 5 years.

OVerall number six selection salary may be up to 45m over 5 years.

I will try to forget money when reading statistic or watching games. lol

What? Kirk Cousins isn't getting 140-175 guaranteed money. Where did you read this?

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s not average he’s between 5-10 best QBs in the NFL. These one year guys can’t just get put ahead of a guy that’s produced for 3 seasons in a row. And like slot if guys s change of scenery, a healthy team and weapons should all only make him better. He also will be in s system he likes here I’d imagine.

A top 5 QB does not have the abysmal record vs winning teams in his career that Kirk has.

or are the Redskins just that talentless/incompetent and we will be so much better?

im sure he liked Shanahans offense too. And the fact they drafted a first round WR..

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

A top 5 QB does not have the abysmal record vs winning teams in his career that Kirk has.

or are the Redskins just that talentless/incompetent and we will be so much better?

Bingo. This is what I don't understand. We want to bring in a guy who has proven that he cannot win without a strong supporting cast, and yet if we bring him in we are all but guaranteed to not be able to get that supporting cast he needs.

It's sheer irony.

I think the thing important to note is while we will make Kirk the highest paid player in league history Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson could all be making more than him within the next 12 months. It’s just how the market goes. 

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Bingo. This is what I don't understand. We want to bring in a guy who has proven that he cannot win without a strong supporting cast, and yet if we bring him in we are all but guaranteed to not be able to get that supporting cast he needs.

It's sheer irony.

Some people just want the quick exciting fix to make 2018 interesting.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

I think the thing important to note is while we will make Kirk the highest paid player in league history Matt Ryan, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Aaron Rodgers, and Russell Wilson could all be making more than him within the next 12 months. It’s just how the market goes. 

Exactly my point. As well as some of the guys that are better than Cousins now... won’t be in he league soon (Brady, Ben, Brees).

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It's sheer irony.

I think you are going to have to seriously check your math with that. 100 million in cap space....25-30 to Cousins....we can ABSOLUTELY get a supporting cast.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It's sheer irony.

I’ve pointed back to this several times. With tat logic NO signing Brees was dumb.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Well Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers are all better with playoff wins and experience under their belt. 

If the Titans/Bucs want to throw 100m GTD at those guys, that’s their problem.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Some people just want the quick exciting fix to make 2018 interesting.

Its not about a quick fix, its about having one of the most unique situations in terms of available money and a FA QB of his caliber being available at the same time. This isnt Fitz or McCown. At 29 Kirk is in his prime and has been top 10 in every major passing category since becoming a starter. It secures up the position for at least 4 years. If we werent drafting at 6 then maybe it would be different. We needed the higher pick realistically. 

Archived