Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

My friend compared Cousins stats directly to Blake Bortles and he’s a skins fan..  just going off what he said.

But do you really think making Cousins the highest paid player in league history is a good move given that awful W-L and taking into account this team still has a ton of holes? I don’t. We aren’t getting Cousins and taking the division.

This “rebuild” is supposed to be calculated and bring “sustained success” and giving Cousins a 200M contract is not conducive to that.

I dont think we should overpay, but at 6 overall, there is a lot of uncertainty with what QB will be there. We do have a ton of holes, we have a ton of money and we have a decent amount of draft picks. Every QB who gets paid at this point becomes the highest paid so this is just the market price for a top 10 QB. I dont want to go over 30 mil. If we sign Cousins for 25 per, i think that is a very solid deal. I would rather that than trade draft picks, and future picks, for a QB in this class since there really is a lot of good prospects but not a great one. We also cant seem to develop a young QB since we have failed several times the past 9-10 years. Cousins, at the very least, solidifies the position, we still have plenty of cap room, and every single draft pick to keep plugging away at our holes. I agree with sustained success but I disagree that we can do that with signing Cousins, and in every post from the anti- cousins posters, that number continues to be over embellished.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

The dude who won the Heisman? Umm yes.

My bad didn’t know winning a Heisman made you a great NFL player. Let’s go get Tebow. Oh wait we did that already once. Let’s go get Jason White. Oh wait. Let’s go get Matt Leinart. Oh wait. Let’s get Troy smith. Oh wait. Let’s go get RG3. Oh wait. Let’s go get Johnny Manziel. Oh wait.

I think that makes my point.

Just now, Bianconero said:

So we have the chance to end our QB woes for the first time in 60 years and fans are complaining? Only the Jets fans

Was literally going to post this same thing. Why would fans say " build through the draft" yet want to move up from 6 to grab ?????? a QB who we have no idea what they'll be since there isnt a sure thing in this draft and that would make it even harder to build through the draft. Even after a cousins signing we still will have at LEAST 70 mil in cap room! when have we ever even had 50? If you dont think cousins isnt good fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but dont tell me we cant have sustained success because of his contract or cant fill other holes because that is just absurd. simple math guys (unlike the QBR stat which has no equation). 

6 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

So we have the chance to end our QB woes for the first time in 60 years and fans are complaining? Only the Jets fans

LOL yeah attack the fans.

Theres plenty of Jets fans outside of this forum that don’t want Cousins. He doesn’t solve anything but empty stats.

3 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

It's so funny that fans could even imagine complaining about getting a player like Kirk Cousins on this team when we can't even draft any player, let alone a QB worth a damn.

Theres PLENTY of Jets fans, neutral fans, media people that think Cousins isn’t worth it.

give it a rest

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I dont think we should overpay, but at 6 overall, there is a lot of uncertainty with what QB will be there. We do have a ton of holes, we have a ton of money and we have a decent amount of draft picks. Every QB who gets paid at this point becomes the highest paid so this is just the market price for a top 10 QB. I dont want to go over 30 mil. If we sign Cousins for 25 per, i think that is a very solid deal. I would rather that than trade draft picks, and future picks, for a QB in this class since there really is a lot of good prospects but not a great one. We also cant seem to develop a young QB since we have failed several times the past 9-10 years. Cousins, at the very least, solidifies the position, we still have plenty of cap room, and every single draft pick to keep plugging away at our holes. I agree with sustained success but I disagree that we can do that with signing Cousins, and in every post from the anti- cousins posters, that number continues to be over embellished.

Well we aren’t getting him for 25m. So forget that. We are likely looking at 30+ with 90 GTD. 

You say you like him but won’t go over 30M? Why not? If you really like him that much as a player you have to go all in.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Well we aren’t getting him for 25m. So forget that. We are likely looking at 30+ with 90 GTD. 

You say you like him but won’t go over 30M? Why not? If you really like him that much as a player you have to go all in.

Exactly. 6 year, 180,  100 GTD is what I was told and sounds realistic. 3 years fully gtfd. 4th year small gtd.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

We can debate this till we are blue in the face but we'll see what the market is for him when he receives offers. Over 30 million is pretty absurd for anyone not named Tom Brady (who makes half of that). There is a fine line between going all in and being stupid. His 3rd year tag price is 34.5 million give or take which is the top 5 player average plus around 33% increase based on the third year (numbers may not be exact but they are certainly in the ballpark). Hes not seeing that money. Its going to be between 25-30 annually and its going to come down to GTD money and ability to build a roster around him. I do like cousins, but at a certain price it becomes just irresponsible. we will wait and see. 

Archived