Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The thing is you make it sound so easy. It’s just not that simple. The past 3 free agencies/drafts we have not been able to accomplish this. We have bare corners, a below average offensive line, no real playmakers at WR, no RB, no pass rusher, there’s probably more. We have a couple safeties and a good DE on defense. The “quick fix” is not the way to go. Cousins isn’t going to turn our fortunes.

If you think Mac is going to all of a sudden become some awesome GM now, then I guess I can see it. But from what I’ve seen so far, that’s a long shot.

Okay, so you admit it yourself 

You acknowledge that we can’t draft for sh!t yet you expect us to draft and develop a franchise QB instead of paying for an established one?

I don’t get it 

After looking around, I think Redskins can tag Cousins again.

1) Everyone knows that Smith will be a starter for Redskins.

2) Trade away a young and promising CB.

3) Broncos, Browns and Jets are leading buyers.

4) Divisional rivals have their qb. Manning included.

Everything points that Redskins can designate Cousins as a franchise player for third time and move him for good pick(s). Redskins will be friendier this time as Cousins will be on another team. If it is an exclusive franchise tag then Browns may be the strongest candidate because of better draft pick(s). If it is a non exclusive franchise tag then Redskins could get at least better value than 3rd round compensatory pick of 2019.  Either way, Redskins are in win-win situation. Keep your fingers crossed tightly.

33 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Everything points that Redskins can designate Cousins as a franchise player for third time and move him for good pick(s). Redskins will be friendier this time as Cousins will be on another team. If it is an exclusive franchise tag then Browns may be the strongest candidate because of better draft pick(s). If it is a non exclusive franchise tag then Redskins could get at least better value than 3rd round compensatory pick of 2019.  Either way, Redskins are in win-win situation. Keep your fingers crossed tightly.

They can tag him but he won't sign it. 

38 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

They'll tag him and it will clog up their cap and give them little to no flexibility until a deal is reached.

47 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

They can tag him but he won't sign it. 

If it is exclusive franchise tag then Redskins may concern about him refusing to sign in case if he is traded to "wrong" team but if he does not sign at all until July then he won't play football for one season. And, it won't affect Redskins' cap.

43 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

They'll tag him and it will clog up their cap and give them little to no flexibility until a deal is reached.

It won't.  The tender isn't guaranteed until he signs and practices on the field. In internet, they include Franchise tag price to team salary because it is an injury guaranteed as Cousins can't actually step on the field in July until he signs.

As I mentioned before Redskins will be friendier than before. Cousins has chance to have new contract with another team as both Cousins and Redskins move on.

Exclusive Franchise Tag will allow Cousins to talk with a team within Redskins' approval (negotiating with the trading partner) in order to avoid barnaby's statement above.

Non exclusive Franchise Tag allows Cousins to talk with any team no matter what Redskins feel or think.  Best option for both sides.

Patriots tagged and traded Matt Cassel to Chiefs and in few months later, he got new contract. Chiefs tagged and traded Jared Allen to Vikings and then signed new contract as well. Both were non exclusive franchise tagged.

Just now, JetsandI said:

If it is exclusive franchise tag then Redskins may concern about him refusing to sign in case if he is traded to "wrong" team but if he does not sign at all until July then he won't play football for one season. And, it won't affect Redskins' cap.

It won't.  The tender isn't guaranteed until he signs and practices on the field. In internet, they include Franchise tag price to team salary because it is an injury guaranteed as Cousins can't actually step on the field in July until he signs.

As I mentioned before Redskins will be friendier than before. Cousins has chance to have new contract with another team as both Cousins and Redskins move on.

Exclusive Franchise Tag will allow Cousins to talk with a team in Redskins' approval (negotiating with the trading partner) in order to avoid barnaby's statement above.

Non exclusive Franchise Tag allows Cousins to talk with any team no matter what Redskins feel or think.  Best option for both sides.

Patriots tagged and traded Matt Cassel to Chiefs and in few months later, he got new contract. Chiefs tagged and traded Jared Allen to Vikings and then signed new contract as well. Both were non exclusive franchise tagged.

And what if he holds out, goes to sign the one year deal at the last second when Washington has no cap space, and no trade partners?

Just now, JetsandI said:

Ridley may not be top 25, let 6th overall pick alone.  Size is a problem for him right now.

What?  He's the same size as Amari Cooper. Most have him pegged as a top 10 pick. Granted, were you the guy who thought we should consider St. Brown at 6?  

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

And what if he holds out, goes to sign the one year deal at the last second when Washington has no cap space, and no trade partners?

that is why non exclusive franchise tag is the best option. Avoid all complex for smoother transaction.

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

that is why non exclusive franchise tag is the best option. Avoid all complex for smoother transaction.

I get why they would try and tag him for compensation but they'll cause more bad press and bad blood then what it's worth. That'd be a situation where the NFLPA would step in. 

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

What?  He's the same size as Amari Cooper. Most have him pegged as a top 10 pick. Granted, were you the guy who thought we should consider St. Brown at 6?  

Cooper was much bigger than Ridley.   Also, Cooper was 3 or 4 years younger than Ridley when entering NFL for first time.

Edit.. oh yeah, I overhyped St. Brown.  He is at least bigger than Ridley. :D

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I get why they would try and tag him for compensation but they'll cause more bad press and bad blood then what it's worth. That'd be a situation where the NFLPA would step in. 

Yeah.. We will see.  more political craps are coming to us.9_9

Just now, JetsandI said:

Cooper was much bigger than Ridley.   Also, Cooper was 3 or 4 years younger than Ridley when entering NFL for first time.

Dude, Cooper was 6'1 and so is Ridley. Ridley just turned 23. Cooper turned 21 the month after he was drafted. They're 2.5 years apart in that regard. Also, It's not like he's ancient.  He's not falling out of the top 25. Respectfully, I think you're WAY OFF on this. He's just as touted as Cooper was coming out. 

Archived