šŸ”„ Pick #70 is in: Byron Young, DT, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

On 5/5/2023 at 5:00 AM, Darbsk said:

OKā€¦ā€¦.. I didnā€™t realise this guy was such a ā€˜controversialā€™ figure here šŸ˜„ Thereā€™s so many writers, bloggers etc that I lose track of whoā€™s who.

My mistake, I thought you were posting it for info but you were mocking him. To be fair, the Ngata comparison (either pkay style or results) is absurd!

Perhaps I was giving him too much credit as itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve listened to him speak, though I have seen some of his written work and havenā€™t been too impressed! Also, for some reason with the name Hondo I was kind of expecting a Japanese looking guy for some reason šŸ˜

Lolā€¦ yeah itā€™s not like beat reporters are high profile so itā€™s very easy to mix them up. Ā 
I only know about him cuz his videos popped up a lot on my feed so I subscribed to see what it was all about.

yeah, I was mocking the absurdity of the Ngata comparison and saying Aiden Oā€™Connell was the #1 pocket passer by 2 teams he spoke to and was a 1st round prospect if he left last yearā€¦ and itā€™s everyone elseā€™s fault but his his stock fell this year.

The absurdity of it all is ridiculous but heā€™s really a inconsequential figure in the Raider news space. Ā I only mention him because thereā€™s a certain poster here who thinks he walks on water.

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

This is the one pick that I have grown to like this pick more then I did when it was first announced. See a lot of quickness in his game that will be a big addition to this DL. Highly optimistic on YoungĀ 

I agree with you and starting to feel the same way. Ā Although, my issue was never the player it was the pick we used. Ā If he was selected at the top of round 4 Iā€™d have liked the pick from the minute it was made.

I will say our fan base is NOTORIOUS for talking ourselves into hating our pick the after a short while we convince ourselves itā€™s not so bad to as far as liking the pick. Ā Iā€™m quite skeptical this is one of those cases.

Iā€™m really hoping we use a solid rotation of DT ā€œlinesā€ā€¦ a reference to hockey rotations that Hondo Carpenter made. Ā While I donā€™t like his work I am intrigued by what he said here.

id like to see us pair sets of 2 DTs ā€¦ aka a ā€œlineā€ and rotate them in to keep the players fresh but also to rotate the lines for specific situations such as passing downs or running downs. Ā For example, I could see Byron Young being paired with Nichols or FarrellĀ for likely running downs and Tillery paired with Matthew or Adam Butler for passing downs. Ā The pairing would allow the sets of two DTs to get use to each other. Ā 

On 5/5/2023 at 10:08 AM, Jeremy408 said:

Not optimism; delusion

Listen to the introā€¦ he says heā€™s thought weā€™d be a super bowl contender the last few years..:Ā 

I think his delusion is because he started watching football late in life. Ā He didnā€™t spend a childhood like everyone else getting beaten down like most Raider fans under 45, excluding a handful of Seasons.

Ā 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Listen to the introā€¦ he says heā€™s thought weā€™d be a super bowl contender the last few years..:Ā 

I think his delusion is because he started watching football late in life. Ā He didnā€™t spend a childhood like everyone else getting beaten down like most Raider fans under 45, excluding a handful of Seasons.

Ā 

Right. Raiders fan delusion is most likely rooted in a lack of history watching the Raiders for a long period of time.

On 5/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, Jeremy408 said:

Right. Raiders fan delusion is most likely rooted in a lack of history watching the Raiders for a long period of time.

20+ years of mediocrity will set you straight.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...