2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

When you think about it, if they decide they don’t want Barkley, they can take Chubb at 1 and still get Darnold, Allen, or Mayfield at 4

Or Barkley, then Chubb (or vice versa) ans then trade back into the mid 20’s for Rudolph or Jackson

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

When you think about it, if they decide they don’t want Barkley, they can take Chubb at 1 and still get Darnold, Allen, or Mayfield at 4

If they like 2 or 3 of the other QB's equally and can't make up their mind then taking Chubb and letting another GM make your QB pick for you by taking one of the others works. Not exactly "damn the torpedoes" kind of way, but it works.

31 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is such a QB-centric league, if you have pick #1 and you need a QB, you had better take your guy. Don't leave it up to fate or another team to make your decision for you.

Yep. I don't get the sense that this draft has any super star QBs in it,  but many mocks have 4-5 QBs going in the first round. This is not like 1983 where you had Elway (HOF), Blackledge, Kelly (HOF), Eason, O'Brien, and Marino (HOF) taken in the first round. You almost have to roll the dice on any guy with enough talent to warrant taking a swing when you can, because otherwise, the other 44 guys on the active roster almost don't matter. Like you can't win the lottery without buying a ticket even though you have 1 chance in 40 million to win.

That's why I hoping an early run on QB's put the Bears trading their 8th for a QB hungry team willing to overpay.

Cleveland, given it's number of draft picks and history, should actually pick QB's with their 1st and 4th overall picks and just admit they've screwed up drafting QB's for so many years that they are going to double down and double their chances to get a franchise QB this draft.

6 minutes ago, 51to54 said:

Cleveland, given it's number of draft picks and history, should actually pick QB's with their 1st and 4th overall picks and just admit they've screwed up drafting QB's for so many years that they are going to double down and double their chances to get a franchise QB this draft.

How ******* funny would that be xD

It would not shock me if the Bears went offense in both rounds 1 and 2.

-Big year for Trubisky to emerge as a franchise QB

-Just hired an offensive HC

-The defense as top 10 and has not lost anyone who was significant to that ranking, including coaches

There are a bunch of reasons for Pace to go all in on an offensive turn around and a put the defense off for a year. If the Bears go 8-8 because of a solid offense and great defense that does not look as good, based on Pace's last 2 huge decisions as if they do it with a good offense and good defense.

I'm not so sure I agree @WindyCity... who do you see them taking in both rounds 1 and 2?

Pace spent a ton of $$$ on the offensive side of the ball and we currently have a hole at OG (starter) and WR (depth). As I look through the clouds that I think Pace has in his War Room, I think he realizes there will be a quality interior OL at pick #39 but not so much at EDGE. Then again... there should be some decent CBs around pick #39 as well.

Defensively, we have holes at OLB (we need a starter and depth, IMO), ILB (depth/upgrade to Kwiatkoski), CB (upgrade at nickel). I haven't heard a PEEP about the Bears and Davenport or Landry... is that by design? Pace said he's always looking for pass rushers, but we aren't connected to anyone other than Chubb? Kind of odd, if you ask me.

Edited by G08

15 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm not so sure I agree @WindyCity... who do you see them taking in both rounds 1 and 2?

Pace spent a ton of $$$ on the offensive side of the ball and we currently have a hole at OG (starter) and WR (depth). As I look through the clouds that I think Pace has in his War Room, I think he realizes there will be a quality interior OL at pick #39 but not so much at EDGE. Then again... there should be some decent CBs around pick #39 as well.

Defensively, we have holes at OLB (we need a starter and depth, IMO), ILB (depth/upgrade to Kwiatkoski), CB (upgrade at nickel). I haven't heard a PEEP about the Bears and Davenport or Landry... is that by design? Pace said he's always looking for pass rushers, but we aren't connected to anyone other than Chubb? Kind of odd, if you ask me.

I think if Nelson is there at 8 he could very well be the pick, it may even be likely that he is the pick.

I think they could also easily go WR in the 2nd round. Nagy was in 3 WRs a ton when he was in KC and it was a big part of the spreadcoast offense.

I think we can probably agree that a good season for the Bears this year will be 8-8. 8-8 with a great defense, but Trubisky looking average and Nady not having some offensive explosion would look and feel very different than 8-8 with a defense that regresses to 12-15 and an offense that really takes a huge step.

I feel like Pace is going to be judged by what happens on offense with his hand picked QB and coach more than he is on the overall record.

18 minutes ago, G08 said:

OLB-They have 2 starters, but still need someone to be in the top 3.

ILB-need a primary backup

CB-might be the deepest position on the team, 3 outside "starters" [Fuller, Prince, Cooper] and 2 quality nickle players [Callahan, Leblanc]

I agree that OLB could easily factor into the early draft equation.

@WindyCity I'm discussing this on another board as well -- it is shockingly quiet around the Bears and these pass rushers. I think Pace knows it is a hole on our roster and I think he knows there are some quality interior OL that should be available at pick #39. Quenton Nelson is still a luxury pick to me, and I don't like the idea of him at 8 and someone like Lorenzo Carter or Arden Key at #39.

Give me Davenport or Landry at 8 (or in a trade down) and take someone like Billy Price at #39. Everybody's happy and you've just strongly upgraded two weaknesses on your roster.

4 minutes ago, G08 said:

@WindyCity I'm discussing this on another board as well -- it is shockingly quiet around the Bears and these pass rushers. I think Pace knows it is a hole on our roster and I think he knows there are some quality interior OL that should be available at pick #39. Quenton Nelson is still a luxury pick to me, and I don't like the idea of him at 8 and someone like Lorenzo Carter or Arden Key at #39.

Give me Davenport or Landry at 8 (or in a trade down) and take someone like Billy Price at #39. Everybody's happy and you've just strongly upgraded two weaknesses on your roster.

Aaron Lynch is better than anyone we currently have at LG.

The counter would be give me Nelson and Lorenzo Carter at 39 and I end up with the better players.

The first impression of the Trubisky/Nagy era could define Pace and whether he is the GM here long term. I honestly do not think, with expectations where they are, coming off a disastrous first 3 years afford for his hand picked QB and coach to be less than promising out of the gate. Expecting Goff and Wentz type steps is unrealistic, but that doesn't mean that people are not going to expect something similar.

Lets say the Bears do well and go 9-7.

But Trubisky looks very average and the Nagy offense is not as productive as we had hoped.

I think the people will look right past 9-7 and take aim at an average QB and an offensive staff that did not generate big improvements. Because if Trubisky is just an average 13-18th QB in the league nothing else matters and Pace is going to be out of a job in a few years.

Edited by WindyCity

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Aaron Lynch is better than anyone we currently have at LG

But it's so much easier to find quality guards than it is to find quality pass rushers, my frent.