2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

we always drafted Dbs and our defense always trash. Only time drafting a DB high worked out was Charles Woodson. He was once in generation player. 

CB-S: I'm good

G-lb: I'm good

RB-TE: I'm good, just drafted Mayer

QB- top 3 QBs going in the top 4, we won too much to make them realistic. JJ took risky. Pennix, Nix would all be a reach. 

------------

So I can only see WR, T, DE, DT as options 

• WR Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers- if somehow one of them drop- people though Ceedee Lamb was going top 10 Brian Thomas 
  • T- Joe Alt, Talliese Fauna, JC Latham, OLUMUYIWA FASHANU
  • DE/Edge- Jared Verse, LAIATU LATU, Dallas Turner
  • DT- Byron Murphy, Newton 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

we always drafted Dbs and our defense always trash. Only time drafting a DB high worked out was Charles Woodson. He was once in generation player. 

CB-S: I'm good

G-lb: I'm good

RB-TE: I'm good, just drafted Mayer

QB- top 3 QBs going in the top 4, we won too much to make them realistic. JJ took risky. Pennix, Nix would all be a reach. 

------------

• WR Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers- if somehow one of them drop- people though Ceedee Lamb was going top 10 Brian Thomas 

Thing is we have a premier pass rush and a couple other pieces that can get to the QB now. 

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If it's not a QB it needs to be a CB, DT, or DE. 

Agreed.  All three are areas of need. I feel like the best value would be at CB.

I haven't been following much chatter lately but what is your take on T. Wilson?  I was reading towards the end of the year he was kicked inside and looked serviceable.  Is he going to be playing inside going forward which would now open up a void at the edge?

Our drafting has been such **** over the last 20 years.  Last years top 10 pick is now potentially changing positions... Unbelievable 

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Thing is we have a premier pass rush and a couple other pieces that can get to the QB now. 

Premier pass rush?  Where are you getting this from?  We have one proven stud in Maxx...  I would hardly call our Dline "premier" lol   What "premier" players do we have along the Dline outside of Maxx? 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

43 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

How is WR an option when we already have Adams/Meyers and just spent a 3rd on Tre Tucker last year. It doesn't matter how many WR's you have if you don't have a QB. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agreed.  All three are areas of need. I feel like the best value would be at CB.

I haven't been following much chatter lately but what is your take on T. Wilson?  I was reading towards the end of the year he was kicked inside and looked serviceable.  Is he going to be playing inside going forward which would now open up a void at the edge?

Our drafting has been such **** over the last 20 years.  Last years top 10 pick is now potentially changing positions... Unbelievable 

It just depends on how free agency goes and what the plan is at QB. There are definitely good CB's in this class though. 

I could see him playing outside in our base defense while sliding inside on passing downs to get Koonce on the field. He was pretty meh last year but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he was hurt all last off-season as a project coming into the league. If he doesn't make a pretty significant leap this year though I think it'll be safe to assume he's a dud.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

You can basically say that about every position when it comes to the Raiders. 

Last 2 WR's we drafted highly were Ruggs and DHB

Last OT we drafted highly was Leatherwood

Last QB we drafted highly was Russell

Last 2 edge's we drafted highly were Ferrell and Wilson

If we don't sign another starting CB then it becomes a big need heading into the draft. Adding a true #1 guy on the outside to pair with Hobbs/Jones/Epps/Moehrig would give us one of the better young secondaries in the league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It just depends on how free agency goes and what the plan is at QB. There are definitely good CB's in this class though. 

I could see him playing outside in our base defense while sliding inside on passing downs to get Koonce on the field. He was pretty meh last year but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as he was hurt all last off-season as a project coming into the league. If he doesn't make a pretty significant leap this year though I think it'll be safe to assume he's a dud.

Agreed.  We have had so many failed 1st round picks over the last 20 years it's ******* embarrassing.   Complete incompetence by our front office.  

I can not stress how important nailing drafts is to the future of this franchise.  If this team is ever to turn a corner and get out of the cellar of NFL rosters it starts on draft day.  We once again have so many holes to fill it's pathetic.  

I have been an advocate for moving on from Adams and acquiring a late 1st round pick for him.  If we can do that and walk away with a stud QB, CB and 3T that would provide a major boost for the future... 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You can basically say that about every position when it comes to the Raiders. 

Last 2 WR's we drafted highly were Ruggs and DHB

Last OT we drafted highly was Leatherwood

Last QB we drafted highly was Russell

Last 2 edge's we drafted highly were Ferrell and Wilson

If we don't sign another starting CB then it becomes a big need heading into the draft. Adding a true #1 guy on the outside to pair with Hobbs/Jones/Epps/Moehrig would give us one of the better young secondaries in the league. 

We need a lockdown #1 CB.  How is that even debatable at this point? 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Agreed.  We have had so many failed 1st round picks over the last 20 years it's ******* embarrassing.   Complete incompetence by our front office.  

I can not stress how important nailing drafts is to the future of this franchise.  If this team is ever to turn a corner and get out of the cellar of NFL rosters it starts on draft day.  We once again have so many holes to fill it's pathetic.  

I have been an advocate for moving on from Adams and acquiring a late 1st round pick for him.  If we can do that and walk away with a stud QB, CB and 3T that would provide a major boost for the future... 

What do you think our biggest holes are entering the offseason? 

Right now I think we need to address:

Offense - QB / 2 OG / RT? 

Defense - DT / CB / Edge? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

What do you think our biggest holes are entering the offseason? 

Right now I think we need to address:

Offense - QB / 2 OG / RT? 

Defense - DT / CB / Edge? 

I would add RB and potentially WR if we move on from Renfrow or Adams.  We also could use an upgrade at the LB position and potentially safety. 

FA will decide where we go in the draft. 

I expect Koonce to get an extension. I don’t see us taking another DE early in RD1. I think we will take a DE in the draft however 

I think Wilson will continue his hybrid role DE/DT

DT, CB, OL, QB are the positions we target. I’m leading towards the OL is what they decide. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would add RB and potentially WR if we move on from Renfrow or Adams.  We also could use an upgrade at the LB position and potentially safety. 

If we bring Jacobs back I think we're fine with him and Zeus, we could add a 3rd down back though.

Renfrow is definitely gone and I think a developmental WR in the middle rounds would be a solid pick but Adams/Meyers/Tucker should be a good starting trio. 

I think Deablo / Spillane is a good starting duo, depth could be added.

Safety depth could be added as well but Moehrig / Epps is a good starting duo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

FA will decide where we go in the draft. 

I expect Koonce to get an extension. I don’t see us taking another DE early in RD1. I think we will take a DE in the draft however 

I think Wilson will continue his hybrid role DE/DT

DT, CB, OL, QB are the positions we target. I’m leading towards the OL is what they decide. 

Assuming Parham slides inside to center we have question marks at LG/RG/RT

• Like 1