2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

This isn't a very good argument. If we're talking about who has produced elite QBs, the list would be very, very small as there have not been many elite QBs throughout the last decade. And those coaches that produced Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc, ...who else have they produced? There is no precedent that certain college coaches produce all the elite quarterbacks. If you're lucky as a coach, you'll produce one. So to say Lincoln Riley's QB won't be elite because none of his previous prospects would be elite, would be the same thing you could say of every college coach that ever lived. 

Jeff tedford, Philip Fulmer, Lord Carr, Joe Tiller, Kingsbury, etc etc only produced one elite prospect their entire career. (Brady, Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brees, Mahomes) we could look at all the elite NFL quarterbacks college coaches and look at their quarterback trees and not find any other elite quarterbacks they produced. 

KC should have never drafted Mahomes because Kingsbury produced Manziel, Webb and Mayfield? None were elite before Mahomes. 

Caleb should be judged by his own traits, not by who his coach is. 

My point was the argument before it was just as bad of one. I don’t dislike Caleb, I just think it’s ridiculous to act like anyone who has doubts about him doesn’t know ball. I rate Caleb 2nd behind Maye still. Also nice try here but I was literally responding to someone trying to say the coach he worked under mattered and was arguing that point. Take your bias of the prospect away and get with a realistic perspective.  Caleb is a good prospect. He’s not generational. That is the only argument here and if you want to be contrary to that I would absolutely love to hear why. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

My point was the argument before it was just as bad of one. I don’t dislike Caleb, I just think it’s ridiculous to act like anyone who has doubts about him doesn’t know ball. I rate Caleb 2nd behind Maye still. Also nice try here but I was literally responding to someone trying to say the coach he worked under mattered and was arguing that point. Take your bias of the prospect away and get with a realistic perspective.  Caleb is a good prospect. He’s not generational. That is the only argument here and if you want to be contrary to that I would absolutely love to hear why. 

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you even know my viewpoint on Caleb? Because I've never stated it here. What I said has nothing to do with any of that, so ....I'm not sure what you're addressing. I have no bias and no perspective. 

My one and only point was you can't judge a prospect on if his coach has produced other elite NFL quarterbacks. There's nothing to read into my post. 

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you even know my viewpoint on Caleb? Because I've never stated it here. What I said has nothing to do with any of that, so ....I'm not sure what you're addressing. I have no bias and no perspective. 

My one and only point was you can't judge a prospect on if his coach has produced other elite NFL quarterbacks. There's nothing to read into my post. 

Yes and now I wonder if you know what I’m talking about. My one and only point was literally the same one. That using said coach as a barometer was misguided. Why are you arguing with me other than the sake to do it?

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Yes and now I wonder if you know what I’m talking about. My one and only point was literally the same one. That using said coach as a barometer was misguided. Why are you arguing with me other than the sake to do it?

Because you never stated this clearly before? You only responded to him with "what other elit prospects has he made".....which I responded with "it doesn't matter" (but more elaborately)

I think I kind of understand, but sarcasm doesn't translate over text well, so I didn't catch it.

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

Because you never stated this clearly before? You only responded to him with "what other elit prospects has he made".....which I responded with "it doesn't matter" (but more elaborately)

I think I kind of understand, but sarcasm doesn't translate over text well, so I didn't catch it.

Let’s chalk this to sarcasm not being friends with sarcasm text online. But no I was responding to NY because I was trying to point out the ridiculousness of that line of reasoning. Using a coach to judge a QB prospect is downright foolish. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's also wrong to call him a Lincoln Riley QB. 

He's a Sarkisian QB more than a Riley QB. 

He was headed toward Costco employment as a backup QB that had 2,000 passing yards in his last season starting before he was benched. Just like Kyler and Baker who were on the bench at A&M/Tech then transferred to play for Lincoln Riley and went on to become Heisman winners, #1 overall picks, and starting NFL QBs. 

Is it just a confidence that all three of those guys were basically afterthoughts with zero chance of making the NFL before Lincoln Riley that then became elite college players for him and starters in the NFL? Or are you gonna stand on A&M, Tech, and Alabama developing them? Why'd they all wanna go play for Lincoln, seems like he has QB development on lock, lmfao, your hatred blinds you. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Hey I’m just asking. As someone that touted W/Ls as the ultimate QB stat for the last seven months to justify absolute garbage you should care about this. 

Again, I just think it's hilarious that Maye gets a pass for crapping the bed against mediocre competition, 0 quality wins in 2 years as a starter, and failing to elevate the UNC program. Yet Caleb gets absolutely destroyed for being the catalyst for taking USC from being dead in the water to nationally relevant in a year. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Again, I just think it's hilarious that Maye gets a pass for crapping the bed against mediocre competition, 0 quality wins in 2 years as a starter, and failing to elevate the UNC program. Yet Caleb gets absolutely destroyed for being the catalyst for taking USC from being dead in the water to nationally relevant in a year. 

Maye’s lack of premier wins equals crapping the bed while Caleb’s lack equals being a “catalyst.” Check. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Maye’s lack of premier wins equals crapping the bed while Caleb’s lack equals being a “catalyst.” Check. 

USC was 4-8 the year before Caleb/Lincoln arrived and the program in general was dead in the water at that point under Clay Helton. Caleb arrived and they instantly became nationally relevant, went 11-3, and were a game out of the college football playoffs after finishing 11th in the Pac-12 the previous year. 

UNC was mid before Maye and has been pretty mid with him, lol. 

• Like 1